Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Goin Bald from these MR Test

-RS-Covenant

Question

MR 9 Test was hard, MR 10 was easy, now MR 11.  This is the biggest problem...I'm have trouble SEEING the platforms.  Took me 10 practice runs to realize I was completing over-jumping the smaller platforms, BECAUSE I CANT SEE THEM.  I'm running Max Display Setting on 1920X1080p HDMI on a Hisense 32 inch Monitor.  WHY can I not see the platforms?  Yes I wear glasses, but I have brand new Glasses from a a 30+ veteran at the VA(He IS the best Opto in the STATE.) I just don't get it, are they making these platforms hard to see on purpose?  I shouldnt have to hit my head on a platform, just to figure out its there.  WHAT am I doing wrong here?

18 answers to this question

The problem is the light rendering in the MR Test chamber, which has the same lighting issues as the Simulacrum.

This makes it very annoying to try to complete the missions.

My suggestions: Turn the in-game Contrast setting to ~65 and the in-game Brightness setting to ~45. Turn off all lighting effects (Bloom, Glare, Ambient Occlusion, etc.).

This should make it easier to see the platforms.

Also, I assume you are going to Simaris's Practice Chambers for this? If not, make sure to do that before trying any of the settings changes I gave.

So its a bug(maybe), Ive re-installed this game probably 3X since Christmas.  Its still the same story.  Cant see the smaller platforms. I'm an avid gamer, have been for 20+ years, I know how to JUMP Lmao.  That is not the problem here.  Ive got Loki equipped with Rush and Piercing Step.  That has solved the length/height of the jump problems, but if I cant see the platforms, its worthless. 

A very important question I have: if you FAIL a practice test, does that go on your stats? 

16 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

My suggestions: Turn the in-game Contrast setting to ~65 and the in-game Brightness setting to ~45. Turn off all lighting effects (Bloom, Glare, Ambient Occlusion, etc.).

This should make it easier to see the platforms.

Also, I assume you are going to Simaris's Practice Chambers for this? If not, make sure to do that before trying any of the settings changes I gave.

Oh course, I'm in the relay as we speak.  Simaris Practice chambers are a god send.  I'm going to do exactly as you suggested and will report back in a few.  Thank you.

2 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Also, Zephyr has a higher jump and slower fall speed, which can make this test easier.

Well, I'm actually in the process of leveling up Zephyr.  I'm not really 100% on how her flight/slow decent works.  But if all else fails.  Absolutely worth a shot.

For the MR11 test, I personally ended up going with Titania, built for max duration/efficiency with absolutely nothing else on it that wasn't to that end to ensure I started with plenty of energy.  On start, immediately switch into razorwing and fly along the course platform route (do NOT go high or to the sides, it'll reset you and likely fail you), shooting targets until you reach the lift.  Revert to normal and get on the lift, from there you'll need to run it on foot through the maze and to the end, shooting orb of opportunity as you go.

Weapon-wise, I took the Some prime for maximum spray and pray at orbs on the run.

During practices, you will rapidly build up a path through the maze (there are arrows on the floor too :) ), and despite botching my bullet jump from lift to maze entrance on the real run 5 times in a row (don't fall, it'll drop you at the bottom and leave you waiting for the lift, which means failure), my successful run was done with 13s left on the clock.

When it comes to MR Test I do the 3 rule.  If I cant do it 3 times consistently in practice...IM NOT TAKING THE TEST

Problems I'm still having:

First jump, I skip the small platform, then completely over-shoot the landing platform into the abyss, BY INCHES EVERY TIME.

The second long jump, I cant look at the platform when I make the jump(jumping blind) because in order to make that distance, my head has to be pointed up looking into the sky.

Zephyr isn't helping, or maybe I just don't know how to use her yet.  I beat the test a few times with her...but its NOT consistent.  She spends to much time in the air!

On the ramp, Loki is hitting his head on the bottom on the building.  If you miss that elevating ramp once, your SOL.

I am not having fun with this....at all. Ive taking the practice test over 50+ times today.  And not 1 three round completion.  Its wierd, sometimes ill fly through the test with 30 seconds to spare.  But...if you miss one platform you basically fail the test.

interesting, could you please post a screenshot of the test so we can see what (if any) visual issues you are having?

also could you please post your system specs, if there are a few people that have similar issues, it would be good to see if any hardware similarities that are contributing to the problem.

lastly, are you using a controller?

I had a lot of problems with mr11 as well. My observations: take the sprint boosts off. Only use one if any. That overshoot you describe is the sprint boosts. I was using Nova prime with sprint, speed drift, the speed aura, etc.2.08 sprint iirc. I was overshooting exactly as you describe. Took it down to just sprint so she was at like 1.5ish. Fixed the overshoot. The contrast problem is a bug but I ran into. I don't remember exactly what my settings were but I loaded into the test, hit the first couple orbs and then used the time and rapid options menu to adjust the settings until I could see that first platform. 

I used the Corinth because the air burst removes the need to be accurate on the elevator. If I had it then I would hand tried the ignis.

It's a consistent problem in the MR rooms -- on PC, for the disappearing platforms shooting tests (MR 10 and 13, or whatever they are?), until I shut off all lighting effects, I couldn't see the platforms at all. They were exactly the same color as the ambient background.

On console, I never had the issue -- everything was properly tuned and things were clear. 

The MR 11 test is a sharp difficulty spike and the contrast issue you are having got me too. I can't remember which frame I used -- it might have been Saryn (don't do this), but I did stack sprinting and bullet jump buffs to help me out with some of the vertical platforms. Your favorite spray + pray gun is also your friend here, Ignis with added range or Kohm with all the fire rate and magazine mods (Reload: the thing you do when everything else is dead) work for those of us who have a bit less precision than most. 

Yeah, MR11 is definitely a "gatekeeper" test -- it's the boundary before you hit the required levels to get things like Syndicate primaries, Tigris Prime, and Galatine Prime. 

On console, I used Exalibur and on PC, I used Mag. In both cases I only had Rush on, no bullet jump / hang time stuff, because I had a bad tendency to overshoot (that will entirely depend on what you're comfortable with, of course). Corinth airburst did wonders on the spheres. Ignis is also good. 

2 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

interesting, could you please post a screenshot of the test so we can see what (if any) visual issues you are having?

also could you please post your system specs, if there are a few people that have similar issues, it would be good to see if any hardware similarities that are contributing to the problem.

lastly, are you using a controller?

I finally beat it.  Found a way to skip about half the platforms, so only three jumps required.  Why jump on every platform if its not required?  Once you get to the elevating platform, your in.  Back your question:

Closed-Lid HP Envy M6-P114DX(Touch)https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04960361

BetterCables.com Gold Plated HDMI on a Hisense Smart TV 108p HD

No controller, just keyboard and a mouse, both Microsoft Wireless.

sr48YzL.jpg

Vrd1YI3.jpg

sEuzTLs.jpg

iVwWatR.png

agy9psM.png

8 hours ago, (PS4)Voidkraken said:

For the MR11 test, I personally ended up going with Titania, built for max duration/efficiency with absolutely nothing else on it that wasn't to that end to ensure I started with plenty of energy.

You can just drop a pizza too, you'll have plenty of time to finish your test. :)

No stress!

20 hours ago, Hyperdrome said:

I finally beat it.  Found a way to skip about half the platforms, so only three jumps required.  Why jump on every platform if its not required?  Once you get to the elevating platform, your in.  Back your question:

Closed-Lid HP Envy M6-P114DX(Touch)https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04960361

BetterCables.com Gold Plated HDMI on a Hisense Smart TV 108p HD

No controller, just keyboard and a mouse, both Microsoft Wireless.

(snipped pictures)

hmm those pictures show lighting that is very similar to mine, so you dont appear to be having the same bloom issues as most

It is good to hear you managed to complete it though.

for others trying to complete this mastery test i could possibly recommend using a rapid-fire quick reload shotgun. Damage doesnt matter, so mod for fire rate, reload speed and multishot. I specifically used the brakk, but i suspect akbronco may be a suitable substitute.