Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you bring a Harrow to an Eidolon fight...

BethTheBean

Question

Good evening.

I wish to bring Harrow into an Eidolon group, but I have a ways to go before I'm ready. So, I have a few questions...

1. What would be the best build for an Eidolon fight? I currently have as follows :

Energy Siphon, Power Drift
Redirection, Streamline, Flow, Constitution
Vitality, Stretch, Transient Fortitude, Continuity

2. For my primary weapon, should I go for a radiation build for the Lanka or something else?

3. For my secondary weapon, I prefer the Acra Scisco over the Knell. Is this a good decision? Or, is there another pistol I should look into?

Thank you for your continuing support.

:meridian::redveil:

5 answers to this question

If you play with groups, your job with harrow is to just use your 4 whenever the eidolon fires off its energy spike. I recommend keeping your duration at 100%, nothing higher or lower.

You want a sniper and a high burst damage secondary with radiation damage. I use rubico and euphona prime, but lanka is another good pick. Secondary can be anything to be honest, but you definitely need a strong sniper to deal reasonable damage.

Pretty much your only job as Harrow is to hit 4 at the right time. (The right time is that silence just before the Eidolon does its massive post-knee-surgery AOE.) You want your 4 to last long enough to protect the team, but not so long that if you fat-finger it elsewhere in the fight it won't be up by the time you need it. For me, that sweet spot is +79% duration, aka Primed Continuity and Augur Message—that gives you 10 seconds of protection and 20 seconds of retaliation.

Aside from that, it's mostly about survivability. Energy regen shouldn't be a huge concern, because somebody will pop a Zenurik bubble just from moving around in operator mode.

I prefer the Vulkar Wraith, but that's personal taste, I like the faster fire rate over the increased per-shot damage. Whatever you choose, yeah, build it for radiation.

Your pistol doesn't matter a whole long, if you use it at all it will be to knock out a lure so you can hack it. I wouldn't recommend the Knell for Eidolon hunts, there just aren't that many heads to land headshots on.

3 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

If you play with groups, your job with harrow is to just use your 4 whenever the eidolon fires off its energy spike. I recommend keeping your duration at 100%, nothing higher or lower.

This definitely. Though, I keep only an Augur Message on for my build, leaving the duration at 124%, around 6 seconds (just to be safe). Anything higher would be inconvenient due to the little amount of time it takes to bring down the shields/synovia (with a good squad at least). You wouldn't want Retaliation still in effect as the Eidolon is about to spike.

Use Covenant just before a spike begins, and by the time you're ready to use it again, the next limb is close to, or has already been destroyed.