Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nerf on my nerves

(PSN)Kraterwiesel

4 minutes ago, (PS4)KingGuy420 said:

Pretty much every time enhanced armor defenses show up, I always get matched with Banshee's and it's hilarious.

Hmm. Maybe it's different on the PS4? I play on pc, I'll see Banshee's on fissures or alerts but haven't seen one yet on sorties. *shrugs*

4 minutes ago, Athnamos said:

Or bunch of bored squad of veteran players who trying something unconventional. To be honest, it's stupidly hilarious.
Then again there are people who are trying to do something outside the meta.

If their doing it together that's cool. Just friends messing around and having fun. I would only have an issue if they tried that with random pugs that are trying to complete the sortie quickly. 

il y a 5 minutes, (PS4)KingGuy420 a dit :

Pretty much every time enhanced armor defenses show up, I always get matched with Banshee's and it's hilarious.

There are also Banshee players that understand how the game works you know? XD

Tho it's hilarious and incredibly annoying, i agree. 

On the OP: you should realise that balancing passes are a necessity in game design, be it PvP games or PvE games. If you look at the nerf history, save for Chroma which is incidentally the one nerf i will never agree with (unless something else happens), DE tends to nerf not what is overpowered but what interferes with the gameplay of people. 

We don't see them nerf Tigris Prime and Galatine Prime right? They nerfed stuff which prevented others from playing (Mirage+Simulor spam, Ember high range WoF builds, Banshee's Resounding Quake making everyone else twirl their thumbs, Gara's Mass Vitrify turning the whole mission in an AFK fest etc). 

Sometimes they go overboard, but then they generally fix their mistake overtime. 

Still, it's a necessary process :) 

3 hours ago, Badgriuel said:

I'll see Banshee's on fissures or alerts but haven't seen one yet on sorties. *shrugs*

if you dare to PUG on something with proper BS armour scaling, like Physical Resistant Jackal for example, you might run into one. Banshee is amazing against the super durable, just Sonar and spray. I only use it when I feel I have to though because playing as Banshee means sacrificing nearly all my survivability for higher DPS. when other frames don't work I use banshee. and on rare occasions Banshee doesn't work, I use the problem-solver frame: Limbo.

Balancing like this, especially on this scale, is rare. I also came from destiny, although I gave up on that a lot earlier (just before TTK) and I think there's been one other weapon balance before this since then? (Tonkor, Simulor, etc.) As for warframes, well, may I draw your attention to Mag, my favourite frame since I started, who has recieved nothing but love. I haven't tried her out with the most recent patch, as I'm on Xbox, but damn I'm looking forward to it

5 hours ago, (PS4)Kraterwiesel said:

First of all. I was in Destiny. Deeply. Then they slowly destroyed the game and our trust constantly changing things until they finally ruined it with D2 trying to put us in a Skinner Box and make us believe that this how the next level of gaming has to look like, worse even: feeding us with senseless goodies that looked like they came out of a toilet. 

But that is not the theme here. On the way to that point where even the most loyal players fled the game, they took away sth. else too. They took the powers they originally gave us and forced us more and more into combat.

I started searching leaving the sinking ship that looked like our Destiny and the Destiny of the contemperary gaming industry. The only alternative was called Warframe. So I started playing. And I achieved things while I started loving the meaningful grind. But sooner or later you want to Berlin achieve things and grind more efficient. 

So I crawled deeper into the cave collecting more and more knowledge that whisperd the same thing: they do it here too. But why. For a while I thought ok. I can feel my powers growing. But from now and then there was news about changes and: nerfes. And yes. The same thing was going on in Warframe. You constantly correct things down 'to balance' whatever, why not the weaker warframes up? And weapons too. And why. Why would you interfere in the way people play? Thats not up to you. You shouldn't do that. And stop power up the enemies while nerfing down the Warframes like in the plains. Many new players have a very long and grindy way in front of them. As a noob you have a goal. And its about power not about more combat or running around. And when it means we press one button to melt all of the enemies at onces then be it. This is what Warframe makes different from the rest. Never ever cut powers. Other games went down that road and payed with their success like Destiny. 

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, CapnToaster said:

Nerfing leads to the opposite of powercreep, powersag. For a game which relies on its power fantasy neither outcome is preferable.

If you take something away from players always give them something back. This is what balancing means. 

Accidentally giving us something incredibly broken and then later reigning it in is still "give and take."  Asking for a buff for every single nerf at the moment of the nerf is silly.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Kraterwiesel said:

So I crawled deeper into the cave collecting more and more knowledge that whisperd the same thing

"Sorrow is knowledge, those that know the most must mourn the deepest"

you have an option to just play and enjoy a game or go even deeper in forum pit

Even just after a patch who buffed nearly 75% of the weapons existing in the game (Melee excepted.. for the moment), there is still people coming here to claim that "DE is only doing nerfs I can't take it anymore!!!"

I don't know if the good word to describe this is "Amazing" or "Sad".

To all the give and take talk... they doubled embers damage although with more energy. Yet they still didn't just cripple distance with nothing in return. and gave more damage opportunity to two other powers like fire blast acting like volt shield in additive fire % damage boosts to weapons shot through it that can stack through multiple rings. And while vex armor is reigned in and fixed, its now a team buff that still happens to be the games top damage-multiplier. For OP, look at the whole picture, unless you just don't like one trick ponys needing to adapt a little.

Edited by Firetempest

I've been watching PC videos about the different reworks and Banshee looks like a definite buff. I'm sad, because now they won't just follow me around because they want my Energy Dash, they'll be quaking as they do it.

I'm skeptical about Ember, it seems after the counter reaches 100% she has to practically be hugging the enemies. She supposedly got a damage buff, but I couldn't see it in any of the videos. It seems she got the Valkyr Hysteria treatment, double penalized for using the ability.  Admittedly, I use her almost exclusively solo and in order to search for sculptures. I think she is the last frame you could run around sabotages and open containers without having to fight off the hordes. Someone suggested Gara to me, I'll give her a shot.

I don't like nerfs either, but I would not have been sad to see it done to Quake Banshee. Not only does a proper Quake build force other squad members to go afk, but when a Sonar Banshee like meself shows up people automatically assume I'm a Quake Banshee and immediately begin to take precautions;e.g, running to the edges of the map, or they leave.

In a perfect world, all players would be able to discern when it is wise to and when it is not wise to use their warframes' powerful abilities.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Kraterwiesel said:

Why would you interfere in the way people play? Thats not up to you. You shouldn't do that. And stop power up the enemies while nerfing down the Warframes like in the plains. Many new players have a very long and grindy way in front of them. As a noob you have a goal. And its about power not about more combat or running around. 

Nerfing in WF is done to curb power creep at the higher levels of play. Noobs won't notice it

The nerfs were but a fraction on the update. Weapons were buffed. Warframes were buffed. Hell even arcanes were buffed. 

Chroma was broken for a while. It was bound to happen at some point. I’m honestly shocked it took this long.

Ember ruined and, honestly, continues to ruin the player experience for new players. 

It’s fine that you came from Destiny. Welcome, young Tenno. But do your best to not compare the two.

I don't like nerfs and  I like buffs because they make the game have more options to do things.  If you nerf everything to the ground, the options in the game will be limited to what you can choose to do like sorties, Kuva, or plains of eidolon missions.  I want to bust out my badass skana on level 100 missions with Chroma or Banshee but I can't because the damage isn't good enough even with a riven, so I use galatine prime instead

the way I see it is haters or crooks getting their things nerfed and those same haters or crooks wanting to get revenge on another thing in the game out of jealousy because They heard things like chroma is too powerful for the game to handle and that makes chroma a nice juicy target. 

DE knows wukong is the only warframe left to be nerfed and people point it out because they got their stuff nerfed and now they are returning the favor to someone else.  

in summary don't expect your warframe to be the best and don't expect it not to be changed because anything in this game is possible if DE decides to do something about it.

Edited by GenomexXx

2 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Over a hundred weapons are buffed and nobody bats an eye. One power on one frame is nerfed and everyone loses their minds.

You better quit making sense on the internet.  We don't take kindly to your kind here.  Jokes aside, what this guy said.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb (PS4)thowed:

You better quit making sense on the internet.  We don't take kindly to your kind here.  Jokes aside, what this guy said.

To threaten people doesn't help at all. 

But thx to all the comments. Even the haty ones. Looks like I didn't even scratch the knowledge of you guys. 

And seems to me its more about buffs then nerfs in WF up till now. It's kinda calming. 

Still. As a beginner its hard right now in WF because you just start to understand sth. and then its changing. And it seems like DE is just starting with massive changes. Many of the things I wrote are about that feeling you have if you know that everything you try to achieve in a digital non existing way could be gone next week.

Changes are necessary. Fine. But after that 3 year long desaster with Destiny your kind of thin skinny if you know how many hours you have to invest to get sth. you want to see it to be gone. The Change from D1 to D2 included the loss of all gear and weapons and you kinda understand how non existing the things are you achieve. 

Anyway. This is the reason for my statement. And it makes sense that you want to grind as efficient as you can without spending too much money or time. Actually it was the first time I wrote sth. in a forum and to that I got mostly constructive answers that changed my picture a bit in a positive way. Thx for that. And to all the all knowing haters here. Please. Better don't comment any more. Especially Mr. You don't know what a Skinner Box is. Unbelievable dumb sth. like that. 

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Kraterwiesel said:

To threaten people doesn't help at all. 

But thx to all the comments. Even the haty ones. Looks like I didn't even scratch the knowledge of you guys. 

And seems to me its more about buffs then nerfs in WF up till now. It's kinda calming. 

Still. As a beginner its hard right now in WF because you just start to understand sth. and then its changing. And it seems like DE is just starting with massive changes. Many of the things I wrote are about that feeling you have if you know that everything you try to achieve in a digital non existing way could be gone next week.

Changes are necessary. Fine. But after that 3 year long desaster with Destiny your kind of thin skinny if you know how many hours you have to invest to get sth. you want to see it to be gone. The Change from D1 to D2 included the loss of all gear and weapons and you kinda understand how non existing the things are you achieve. 

Anyway. This is the reason for my statement. And it makes sense that you want to grind as efficient as you can without spending too much money or time. Actually it was the first time I wrote sth. in a forum and to that I got mostly constructive answers that changed my picture a bit in a positive way. Thx for that. And to all the all knowing haters here. Please. Better don't comment any more. Especially Mr. You don't know what a Skinner Box is. Unbelievable dumb sth. like that. 

short response: That guy was joking/being sarcastic.

The game is still fun to me and IMO they (DE) somewhat still hear your feedback. So, you can try and make a feedback at the feedback session if something just doesn't feel right. Maybe enough people have the same idea.

Good luck on your journey, Tenno.

On 2/20/2018 at 2:07 AM, ApocalypseGiga said:

Chroma's vex armor didnt get nerfed it got fixed and it is still really powerful.

It got both fixed and nerfed.  The fix was to stop the double/triple dipping with elemental effects on Fury.  The nerf was to change the equation to work on only the base damage/armor values and not being multiplicative with mods.  That's why Chroma's EHP was cut to about 20% of what it was - which had nothing at all to do with the bug.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Kraterwiesel said:

So what this boils down to is your existential crisis because you suddenly realized that all the time, energy, and feeling you put into a game was in fact wasted because it is a digital world, and therefore nonexistent, and will cease to exist as soon as they turn off the server?

Brother do I have some bad news for you...