Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mandachord volume when not hosting

Iludra

When playing as Octavia with my friend yesterday (he was the host), I noticed I could barely hear my mandachord. I could hear the sounds of activating powers just fine, but the mandachord music itself was so quiet that it was hard to catch the beat. I didn't make any changes in the options lately, so thought it was just a glitch. However, it went on for a few missions and eventually I got frustrated. My friend then told me he has the mandachord volume set to very low, and this gave me the idea to switch who the host was - boom, problem gone. We didn't have time to do further testing to confirm this (will do tonight), but perhaps other people noticed their mandachord volume affected by the host's settings?

actually, they are 2 volume slider for the Mandachord, one inside option, and more inside your Mandachord itself. The one in option usually affects how loud you will hear the other while the one in the Mandachord affects your own music and indirectly what the other people hear.

It was made like that because some people only care about the efficiency to trigger the buff from Octavia, resulting in....atrosity for your ears. The probably was solved by adding volume slider in the Mandachord that affect both the user and ally.

The volume slider in your option should only affect you, meaning if they are some people using something that will drive you insane, you can turn it down/odd. If you friend only use this one and it affects everyone, then yes, this could be a bug.

2 hours ago, Iludra said:

When playing as Octavia with my friend yesterday (he was the host), I noticed I could barely hear my mandachord. I could hear the sounds of activating powers just fine, but the mandachord music itself was so quiet that it was hard to catch the beat. I didn't make any changes in the options lately, so thought it was just a glitch. However, it went on for a few missions and eventually I got frustrated. My friend then told me he has the mandachord volume set to very low, and this gave me the idea to switch who the host was - boom, problem gone. We didn't have time to do further testing to confirm this (will do tonight), but perhaps other people noticed their mandachord volume affected by the host's settings?

If you can get a confirmation on this behaviour for us that would be great, yes.  The Ally Mandachord volume slider in the Audio Options should only turn down OTHER Octavias... not your own.  It should work this way for both host and client.

I didn't manage to reproduce it. What I noticed though was that when my friend was hosting for the first mission, the mandachord was more quiet than usual. Host's volume doesn't affect it though, the volume stayed at the same, low-ish levels regardless of the settings. Once we switched host to me, the volume went to normal and stayed that way till the end of the session (also when someone else was the host). If there's a bug, it's more elusive than I thought.