Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora

_Eclips3_

Il y a 6 heures, BETAOPTICS a dit :

Appeal to Moderation logical fallacy. It would be apt did we not have empricial evidence already but we do, 3-years worth of footage in fact.

No one except the devs has anything relevant about it right now (minus the trailer that DE gave us) and it's widely open to assumption still you're there stating your opinion as absolute truth backed up with "evidence" basically the kind of attitude that make me roll my eyes.

Don't get me wrong, i'll be okay with a glorified new skin but i would be far more interested with umbra being warframe variant with a new tool kit and since they plan to do it on a selected few warframe that would be imaginable and give the occasion to offer new skill set without trashing the previous one.

Then again that's just a supposition.

il y a 10 minutes, sleepychewbacca a dit :

Super salty. 

Inb4 Tennocon reveals another trailer, and more [DE]lays. 

That was more like a joke but hey :/

Would be a primed [DE]lays if that's the case, been like 3 years now it's been released in china.

1 minute ago, Syln said:

No one except the devs has anything relevant about it right now (minus the trailer that DE gave us) and it's widely open to assumption still you're there stating your opinion as absolute truth backed up with "evidence" basically the kind of attitude that make me roll my eyes.

Don't get me wrong, i'll be okay with a glorified new skin but i would be far more interested with umbra being warframe variant with a new tool kit and since they plan to do it on a selected few warframe that would be imaginable and give the occasion to offer new skill set without trashing the previous one.

Would be a primed [DE]lays if that's the case, been like 3 years now it's been released in china.

Gotta keep it PG-13 for the kids. :P 

Yeah. They've been delaying a lot of content for the open world gimmick. 

Edited by sleepychewbacca

I'm actually slightly more hyped for her now than I was when she was first announced. It all depends on her rework.

I was not a fan of how much of a mash of mechanics she had going on. Whips and Kavat, fine I am down with that, but the damage switching I actually thought was a bit too much on top.

17 hours ago, Syln said:

Yeah well the fun thing is that we have video footage of 3-years of Excalibur Umbra Prime, which is a buffed up version of Excalibur Umbra. You can ask those questions from Chinese players any day you want to. Additionally you can take a look at data-mined info which is somewhat reliable, somewhat misleading but it is directional.  Additionally what makes you think they'll redo the kit because at that point you might as well have a new Warframe entirely and don't we all know how likely that is, especially since it would be unuseful for them on so many levels. I don't have to be guessing because I have the Empricist's Advantage. But as you say, you wish it was more than just a skin, wishful thinking if you will. And that is perfectly fine, but it shows your bias at the same time as well. 

Speaking of the delays, DE already said they were planning to release Umbra years ago but they wanted to make Umbra's have meaning and lore, and so they ended up reworking the whole thing to become the Sacrifice quest we know now. Sacrifice itself was due to appear last year but it has gotten pushed back by other priorities like Plains of Eidolon for example.

With the updates for weapons they have been giving us, Plains of Eidolon, future open worlds, etc. and people are wound up in the bit of lateness of Khora and Umbra Excalibur? Some gratitude would be much appreciated. D.E. isn't sitting on its collective butts, they are working hard to bring you the best game possible. Please try to see it from their perspectives and try to imagine the work they are putting into the game. Remember they are doing things that they have never done before when it comes to Warframe right now, a little patience will go a long way.

This isn't a thread about Excalibur Umbra folks. I think we can all come from the base that Excalibur Umbra is going to fill the hole for people asking for Excalibur Prime. Honestly, like Excalibur Prime, I do not expect him to be much more than a fancy looking Excalibur.

Back to Khora.

As I said before, looking forward to seeing how her rework turns out. She's honestly taken way too long to release and people are really noticing the content gap.

Il y a 3 heures, BETAOPTICS a dit :

Yeah well the fun thing is that we have video footage of 3-years of Excalibur Umbra Prime, which is a buffed up version of Excalibur Umbra. You can ask those questions from Chinese players any day you want to. Additionally you can take a look at data-mined info which is somewhat reliable, somewhat misleading but it is directional.  Additionally what makes you think they'll redo the kit because at that point you might as well have a new Warframe entirely and don't we all know how likely that is, especially since it would be unuseful for them on so many levels. I don't have to be guessing because I have the Empricist's Advantage. But as you say, you wish it was more than just a skin, wishful thinking if you will. And that is perfectly fine, but it shows your bias at the same time as well. 

Speaking of the delays, DE already said they were planning to release Umbra years ago but they wanted to make Umbra's have meaning and lore, and so they ended up reworking the whole thing to become the Sacrifice quest we know now. Sacrifice itself was due to appear last year but it has gotten pushed back by other priorities like Plains of Eidolon for example.

So as i thought you mixed excalibur umbra prime of china frame and the excalibur umbra that we will get, if that is your evidence then as i say you have nothing relevant to back up your statement. Furthermore the datamined information concerning umbra are most likely copy paste from the asian build and have little to do with what they are working on right now.(the little being the skin and part of the name)

Actually you have one point here : They might aswell create a totally different new warframe but then again that's what the umbra line looks like to me, in the worst situation we will have warframes with slightly different stats, new skin and a new way to obtain them.

You underestimate greatly the ability of DE to surprise its playerbase by building you opinion on something that is kind of irrelevant (emphasis on "kind of" since it's still the initial impulse of all of this). Wishfull thinking doesn't mean you're wrong, it let you hope for better things but open you to disappointment then again that never meant i think 100% that umbra will have new skills and i thought it was clear enough.

What you called Empricist Advantage is nothing more than unwishfull thinking (yup, i love neologism), making the safest assumption without taking any risk, everyone can do that and that's why i think there's a fair chance that you might be right but backing up your statement with 3 years of changyou footage and unreliable datamining is not really playing in your favor here.

As for me DE silence about something as always been the herald of really interesting things to come so i'll stick with my "it will be more than new skins" thank you very much !

3 hours ago, KokoroWish said:

This isn't a thread about Excalibur Umbra folks. I think we can all come from the base that Excalibur Umbra is going to fill the hole for people asking for Excalibur Prime. Honestly, like Excalibur Prime, I do not expect him to be much more than a fancy looking Excalibur.

Back to Khora.

As I said before, looking forward to seeing how her rework turns out. She's honestly taken way too long to release and people are really noticing the content gap.

Yeah I forgot to edit my comment to say that was my last on that and I did not want to derail the topic. Sorry about that. Speaking on the topic however, I mentioned this in another topic but to me Khora has been like a mico-scale War Within. They showcased her way before she was ready relying that they'll be able to release her soon enough without first inquiring if the safety net they relied on was sufficient enough. Once they realized it wasn't, she got pushed back but not a lot as DE hoped she'd be released early this year (January or so). While technically this is early this year, somewhat, I think they did not intend her release to be this late (typically we'd already gotten a whole new Warframe altogether at this time of the year or soon anyway).

Scott mentioned Khora got pushed back by balance changes and while I appreciate the balance changes a lot (having every gear I got to see the quality of life additions it had on them), but at the same time I wish they'd have more members that would look at Warframe development and powers in general. Seems like making it a one man job is difficult to manage, especially in such time windows when several key areas are asking to be worked on at the same time. Of course I am not saying any content should be released half-done and they should finish the content obviously, but they do seem to be in need of more developers if nothing else. And I am not frustrated, personally I am fine with what we've gotten so far (as I said, I love the balance changes just enough), but I understand they themselves have said they want to avoid War Within 2.0 and Khora is similar to that situation so surely they are pained by her state as much as the next person is.

20 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Yeah I forgot to edit my comment to say that was my last on that and I did not want to derail the topic. Sorry about that. Speaking on the topic however, I mentioned this in another topic but to me Khora has been like a mico-scale War Within. They showcased her way before she was ready relying that they'll be able to release her soon enough without first inquiring if the safety net they relied on was sufficient enough. Once they realized it wasn't, she got pushed back but not a lot as DE hoped she'd be released early this year (January or so). While technically this is early this year, somewhat, I think they did not intend her release to be this late (typically we'd already gotten a whole new Warframe altogether at this time of the year or soon anyway).

Scott mentioned Khora got pushed back by balance changes and while I appreciate the balance changes a lot (having every gear I got to see the quality of life additions it had on them), but at the same time I wish they'd have more members that would look at Warframe development and powers in general. Seems like making it a one man job is difficult to manage, especially in such time windows when several key areas are asking to be worked on at the same time. Of course I am not saying any content should be released half-done and they should finish the content obviously, but they do seem to be in need of more developers if nothing else. And I am not frustrated, personally I am fine with what we've gotten so far (as I said, I love the balance changes just enough), but I understand they themselves have said they want to avoid War Within 2.0 and Khora is similar to that situation so surely they are pained by her state as much as the next person is.

26ot8m.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

When it gets here, likely Friday imo though as we all know how DE love delays.

Delays are annoying, but they don't do it to spite us. Still not going to deny the fact that's its still really annoying