The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why my kavat dies so much?

JohnKable

Question

Since the release of the new eidolons, when i fight the gantulyst or hydro my kavat is constantly downed.

i use maxed link mods and at least 1 survivability mod on my warfame so atleast one stat is seriously boosted.

i move to avoid attacks for myself and i run away only if there isnt an harrow in team. In general i dont se myself moving differently from others. Usually i play trinity and try to keep up the blessing all the time.

and he still dies, at least twice more than the other kavats.

what am i doing wrong? Sure if i go chroma he has much beefier stats and becomes very rare to see him dying but i still think its impossible that he dies that much when using other frames even with permanent 75% damage reduction

Edited by JohnKable

8 answers to this question

make sure your kavat has link health, link shield and link armor to make kavat stay alive bit longer, my kavat dies on 1st death doing 20min-1hr survival mission but thats only depend on frame you use, like frost or valkyr my kavat will have twice more health than shield but you also need medi-pet kit mod to keep up kavat health regen over time.

Link Health, Link Shield, and usually Link Armor are very important for any Pet.
Pack Leader and/or the Hunter Set Mod for Healing is also critical. you must have atleast one of these. Medi-Pet Kit can also be quite nice to have.

with Pack Leader or the other Mod Equipped, just Melee a Vomvalyst periodically and it will probably never die.

Edited by taiiat

17 minutes ago, Cephalon--AnnaTaylor-- said:

make sure your kavat has link health, link shield and link armor to make kavat stay alive bit longer, my kavat dies on 1st death doing 20min-1hr survival mission but thats only depend on frame you use, like frost or valkyr my kavat will have twice more health than shield but you also need medi-pet kit mod to keep up kavat health regen over time.

I have the 3 link mods maxed. The problem is against the big eidolons, he dies like 5 times per triple hunt.

usually under spacebeams of gantulyst, but finds a way to die even against hydrolist. 

4 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

I have the 3 link mods maxed. The problem is against the big eidolons, he dies like 5 times per triple hunt.

usually under spacebeams of gantulyst, but finds a way to die even against hydrolist. 

yeah, for raids or eidolon hunts, the companions tend to die a lot....

1 hour ago, JohnKable said:

if you gonna use kavat against those guys... well there's no way pet will stay alive from those beams attack i won't use them but sentinel but having kavat is just gives me luck using charm. 

I personally pair kavats/ kubrows with Valkyr, Inaros and Nidus for the high armor and health link. They also recover a bit of health when I use Valkyrs' Hysteria and Inaros' Desiccation, Nidus' Larva makes it easy for the compassion's to recover health quickly with the Pack Leader mod equipped. Despite everything though they still have a hard time against a teralyst, best to use a sentinel paired with atterax to slow the peripheral enemies swarming you. Hope this is helpfull. Tenno unite!