Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Warframe Skin and QoL Suggestion

(PSN)Multi-Melta

I would like to start by saying that I appreciate the ability to swap between the notmal skins anf Prime skins of a warframe at near anytime I please, however, I do have some qualms on certain warframes and their inability to look identical to their non-Prime counterpart and further more some of these issues also bleed into and even marr Tennogen skins, effectively damaging the artist's vison.

Here's what I mean: If I choose to say, select Mag Prime (don't laugh at me, I love Mag) and choose to select her Immortal Skin I cannot remove her Prime additions from the Immortal skin! As far as I can tell, this issue affects all Prime Warframes and they are unable to 'disable Prime accessories' which I feel should be an option. This change is relatively recent so perhaps they are working on it already?

Here's one step further on this issue: Mag Prime comes default with shoulder attachments, which is great! What's not so great, however, is that when I select Faven's Graxx skin or Hitsusan's Alata skin I cannot take these attachments off and am forced to select other attachments to remove them.

This very same issue also affects Hydroid Prime! I was excited to get Hydroid Prime and use him with Faven's Graxx skin only to find that Hydroid as well comes with custom arm attachments that cannot be removed by any other means other than swapping for another arm attachment! I wound up slapping the Grineer Kuva and the Harkonar accessories on both Hydroid and Mag Graxx skins respectfully. 

In closing, I wish there was a way to outright remove these arm accessories as like Frost Prime is wont to do, at least on skins other than their Prime variants and I hope that we can see the 'disable Prime accessories' option on the Immortal skins as well! Thanks!

I believe you can remove volt primes should armor and set it to “none” can you not do the same to though two frames? I was pretty sure you could...

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Multi-Melta said:

I would like to start by saying that I appreciate the ability to swap between the notmal skins anf Prime skins of a warframe at near anytime I please, however, I do have some qualms on certain warframes and their inability to look identical to their non-Prime counterpart and further more some of these issues also bleed into and even marr Tennogen skins, effectively damaging the artist's vison.

Here's what I mean: If I choose to say, select Mag Prime (don't laugh at me, I love Mag) and choose to select her Immortal Skin I cannot remove her Prime additions from the Immortal skin! As far as I can tell, this issue affects all Prime Warframes and they are unable to 'disable Prime accessories' which I feel should be an option. This change is relatively recent so perhaps they are working on it already?

Here's one step further on this issue: Mag Prime comes default with shoulder attachments, which is great! What's not so great, however, is that when I select Faven's Graxx skin or Hitsusan's Alata skin I cannot take these attachments off and am forced to select other attachments to remove them.

This very same issue also affects Hydroid Prime! I was excited to get Hydroid Prime and use him with Faven's Graxx skin only to find that Hydroid as well comes with custom arm attachments that cannot be removed by any other means other than swapping for another arm attachment! I wound up slapping the Grineer Kuva and the Harkonar accessories on both Hydroid and Mag Graxx skins respectfully. 

In closing, I wish there was a way to outright remove these arm accessories as like Frost Prime is wont to do, at least on skins other than their Prime variants and I hope that we can see the 'disable Prime accessories' option on the Immortal skins as well! Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Mr.Snipersmiley said:

I believe you can remove volt primes should armor and set it to “none” can you not do the same to though two frames? I was pretty sure you could...

I am unable to remove Volt Prime's shoulder armour entirely. I have added the PS4 tag just in case this is a localized issue. Please let me know if you can disable the Prime accessories on the immortal skins. And to answer your question, at least on the PS4, no you cannot remove them.

Are you talking about the prime bit inlays that are on certain prime frames that turn silver when you equip an immortal skin? If that’s the case, no you can’t remove them.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Multi-Melta said:

I am unable to remove Volt Prime's shoulder armour entirely. I have added the PS4 tag just in case this is a localized issue. Please let me know if you can disable the Prime accessories on the immortal skins. And to answer your question, at least on the PS4, no you cannot remove them.

12 minutes ago, Mr.Snipersmiley said:

Are you talking about the prime bit inlays that are on certain prime frames that turn silver when you equip an immortal skin? If that’s the case, no you can’t remove them.

No, not the inlays, but perhaps the overlays. For example: Valkyr vs Valkyr Prime. Valkyr and Valkyr prime are very distinctive on their own. (still an example) Now, when Valkyr Prime came out there were more than a few people that hated her design and they want to change her appearance by switching to the immortal skin and removing the overlays, they can't. (this is an example. I know the 'disable prime accessories' is a new addition). 

Maybe this is easier to understand: I want to use the immortal skins without them looking like Prime warframes.

Edit: this isn't meant to sound snide, but I know I ramble a bit so I can be difficult to understand. Hence the 'Maybe this is easier to understand' comment. Grain of salt.

Edited by (PS4)Multi-Melta

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Multi-Melta said:

No, not the inlays, but perhaps the overlays. For example: Valkyr vs Valkyr Prime. Valkyr and Valkyr prime are very distinctive on their own. (still an example) Now, when Valkyr Prime came out there were more than a few people that hated her design and they want to change her appearance by switching to the immortal skin and removing the overlays, they can't. (this is an example. I know the 'disable prime accessories' is a new addition). 

Maybe this is easier to understand: I want to use the immortal skins without them looking like Prime warframes.

Edit: this isn't meant to sound snide, but I know I ramble a bit so I can be difficult to understand. Hence the 'Maybe this is easier to understand' comment. Grain of salt.

Ooooohhhh I understand what you meant, I meant to say overlays not inlays. No you can not remove them period. Maybe it can be added in a future update.