Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Beam Weapons Revisited!

[DE]Rebecca

Honestly I think the damage ramp up could be halved. If you think about basic scenario, you rarely have a situation where you'll be firing to enemies for more than 4 seconds in most content excluding endgame or heavies of course. With this iteration you'd usually be working in half-power essentially or waste ammo trying to keep the beam going in full power which is counter-intuitive. Of course my view is only theory crafting and speculation at this point and I could be entirely wrong. However from what I read and speaking from experience, it might be a tad too high window of damage ramp up to bring beam weapons to a good level gameplay wise. Hopefully this is released this week and you are open to consider tweaking the timer if need be, but I got to say we need to get our hands on them first to see how functional the changes are.

5 hours ago, M0dTYR4NT said:

What happened to the Amprex's Critical Chance, the 50% crit was helping it compete with other rifles as one of the few guns that could hit orange crit naturally....

2 hours ago, Xsoskeleton said:

50% cc decreased to 32% cc makes it lose its ability to hit 25% crit level 2 (125% modded cc) with just 1 mod though

1 hour ago, Cytobel said:

-Amprex nerfs are as welcome as a doctor giving you positive test results, and may speak to the future lifespan of the weapon as well.  It was already niche, with only one mod (aside from a Riven) bringing it back from the dustbin.  It performed well against trash while doing little more than tickling the bigs.  Now it's eating a nerf pie for obscure reasons.  I guess that this means Hunter Munitions won't be touched (a good thing too, given how many seriously marginal weapons it brings back to life), or this gun is not looking long for the game.  Honestly, I would never bust this gun out for anything that's "harder" content based on the stats given, and I'm rolling 2 Rivens.

Base ELECTRICITY damage will never compensate for the loss of 100%+ crit chance.  Please consider a less severe nerf to the Crit Chance.

I was pretty upset too, but I did the math before taking my freakout public. I posted it on page 14. The short of it is that the changes to the Amprex are a more than 30% buff to its burst DPS if you're running a crit heavy build. Sustained DPS is going to see an even larger increase.

What did you do to Amprex? Why lower the range even further? At first I used to use it with Volt because Volt's shield would remove range limitation on Amprex, but that was removed like 2 years ago. Even with the range increasing mod it's still not enough and you want to lower it again? Come on, at least give me some options to improve that aspect of it, that one mod isn't enough. Why was the Volt shield thing even removed? It was a completely fair trade off, I had to prepare myself for combat and had to be stationary in order to function with the gun at long range, it was very fun.

2 hours ago, GolfTNP said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Phage

Mastery Rank 11

Damage 30 Viral

Fire Rate 12

Status Chance 31%

Critical Chance 19%

Magazine 170/680 Capacity

25m Range

Did they miss a "0" or something???

Phage initially have 330 Viral damage and now decreased to 30?

30 dmg 12 times per second vs 330 once every second.

Can't find that missing 0. Unless you don't think 3600 dmg per second unmodded would be kinda OP.

Im very worried about the ignis/ignis wraith terrain/object punchthrough removal......that was one of the good traits that the weapon had.

For the sake of consistency when you revisit all melees they should have all terrain/object punchthrough removed also. am i right?:clem:

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (Xbox One)HocusPocus23:

why remove its innate at all?

the Ignis series now goes through an unlimited amount of enemys. So it doesn't really need to penetrate Terrain anymore. And if you want to penetrate Terrain you only have to apply the corresponding Mod.

4 minutes ago, Darkuhn said:

the Ignis series now goes through an unlimited amount of enemys. So it doesn't really need to penetrate Terrain anymore. And if you want to penetrate Terrain you only have to apply the corresponding Mod.

which is insane!!! infinite punchthrough for this weapon is absolutely insane i don't understand how can anyone complain

vor 1 Minute schrieb iceyShardZ:

which is insane!!! infinite punchthrough for this weapon is absolutely insane i don't understand how can anyone complain

Basically its capped at its range 27m+Mods. It should be really close to its "old" version 😊 

I can't understand the complaints either. Modded for Blast/Gas the Ignis Series should be really good ;)

38 minutes ago, trndr said:

30 dmg 12 times per second vs 330 once every second.

Can't find that missing 0. Unless you don't think 3600 dmg per second unmodded would be kinda OP.

They did it to the quanta too, they nerfed the damage per shot but in the end the dps is a bit higher. And Ammo mutation mods are going to be used more now.

The weapon reworks is cool and so on.

But what about plains of eidolon have a better perfomance and make some solution for host migrations who freeze and hangs the game and give no rewards?

I love new features and improvements, but right now the performance is a big issue at Plains of Eidolon. The game freeze to load the plains then freeze again to get ouf of it.

It's frustrating.

Please try to look at perfomance with more care.

Thank you! Keep the good work!

~snip~

"Once this launches (hopefully this week on PC)"
You give yourselves only 48 hours to process our feedback? It tells me you want to try the changes anyway and just want to gauge the tone before and after.  Probably a good filtering technique, but I still take issue with the "workshop" title.  The lack of previous stats don't help because anyone would need to do all the math before having an idea of what your direction is. 

2 hours ago, terribleperson said:

I was pretty upset too, but I did the math before taking my freakout public. I posted it on page 14. The short of it is that the changes to the Amprex are a more than 30% buff to its burst DPS if you're running a crit heavy build. Sustained DPS is going to see an even larger increase.

Despite the fact that I repeatedly mentioned throughout my post the idea that working status chance could change everything for beam weapons, it seems you missed it.

Same story here.  If status works, then Corrosive works.  If status DOES NOT WORK, then your damage calculations run face-first into this brick wall called "armor scaling".

No, armor is NEVER a separate issue when we're talking about the damage output of a weapon.  Crit stacks it's multipliers beautifully, and I DID consider the difference having nearly 4x the base damage would make.

I also didn't claim the weapon is dead, but rather that the prognosis is troubling.  Until we have working status on Beam Weapons, I'm correct in this assessment, sorry to say. 

Archived