Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Beam Weapons Revisited!

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, KubrowTamer said:

Every single one of these with the exception of the phage will be procing  stats and crits  more as well as a dps buff in exchange for ammo econ. Effective killers that require some ammo management. If you knew how beam weapons were and read the first few sentences of the post you would have picked this up.

What about if you used Ignis with Sonar for hit-boxes? Seems like a nerf.

22 hours ago, Zahnny said:

So, the Phage will still be awful due to functioning under the worst of both worlds e.g. Shotgun Status and Beam Status?

p.s. I really like the Phage since it was the first weapon I began using frequently. If you ever make an infested line of weapons similar to wraith and vandal please consider giving an upgraded variant to the Phage.

Um, excuse me but why were my votes reset? That seems real sketchy considering the other posts are unaffected. Did I say something undesirable?

1 minute ago, Nasair said:

If you used something for broken mechanics that did not even work past level 30 and was entirely useless in endgame? With a dps buff it would make the weapon broken with it's law defying hitboxes. THAT is why it is gone. If you want an effective end game flamethrowet, you got one now. And if you want a useless kids toy for level 20,s then throw on a PT mod and get the EXACT SAME WEAPON.

FACEPALM.

10 minutes ago, Rin-senpai said:

if changes broke u gameplay... its not nerf... you just using it wrong before!

So, if (not in this case) I used a weapon for crits with riven and they nerf'd crits that isn't a nerf? I'm using the stats they gave it to play with, not an exploit.

11 minutes ago, Nasair said:

>Ignis
>Sonar

laugh.avi

4 minutes ago, KubrowTamer said:

If you used something for broken mechanics that did not even work past level 30 and was entirely useless in endgame? With a dps buff it would make the weapon broken with it's law defying hitboxes. THAT is why it is gone. If you want an effective end game flamethrowet, you got one now. And if you want a useless kids toy for level 20,s then throw on a PT mod and get the EXACT SAME WEAPON.

FACEPALM.

Damn... u r my God now :D

Edit:

1 minute ago, Nasair said:

So, if (not in this case) I used a weapon for crits with riven and they nerf'd crits that isn't a nerf? I'm using the stats they gave it to play with, not an exploit.

Now u have crits in base of weapon...

I use the synapse from its appearance this is my most favorite weapon and it obviously should have more DPS than amprex since it hits 1 goal and not a chain of enemies now with such a balance it has less DPS and then it is not clear why it is needed?

I would even be more in game situations with him if he were given a normal shooting range and given the accuracy that should be at the synapse we have a shotgun at a distance of 20 meters !

1 minute ago, Runeglyph said:

I Think Most the Organic Weapons Should Have the Battery Mechanic, Especially the Synapse and the Phage.(the Infestation would not allow it's self to be Dependent on Manufactured Ammo reserves that are Finite)

not all plague weapons are full organic, some are semi
u can thinking about it like eating.... organic munitons is just level of being (non)hungry

5 minutes ago, Rin-senpai said:

not all plague weapons are full organic, some are semi
u can thinking about it like eating.... organic munitons is just level of being (non)hungry

I guess i should Clarify that i Most Definitely Meant the Already Overtaken Weapons.

il y a 8 minutes, Rin-senpai a dit :

не все чумные вооружения являются полными органическими, некоторые из них
могут думать об этом, как есть .... органические менитоны - это всего лишь уровень бытия (не) голодный

Quantum Mutalist and Acrylic The rest is completely absorbed and changed by infection

8 minutes ago, (Xbox One)SweetMadness said:

Will Cycron maintain it’s innate heat proc?

I feel like reload speeds on some of those should have seen some adjusting, but I guess we’ll see. Would have been interesting to see more go regenerating battery though.

Amprex and Gammacor especially need battery regen, and the Mutalist stuff.

13 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

This all look like more nerfs than buffs... I hope I'm wrong.

You are not. To be fair , they're trying to balance it, but they're taking some steps that don't really help and counteract the buffs we do get. 14m range is a joke on any weapon except flame, and lower ing the crit and status chance of cc weapons makes some of them useless. Amprex being the best example. Its base damage was increased, but it's wholly insufficient for the range they provided. If I'm 20m away from a group of level 40 enemies, that base damage and weak crit aren't gonna help much, mainly because it won't even touch them without Sinister Reach. Overall, the weapons' effectiveness hasn't changed.

23 hours ago, Rekalty said:

Cycron

Mastery Rank 9 -> 8

Fire Rate 5 -> 12

Damage 60 Heat -> 23 (25% Puncture, 25% Slash, 50% Radiation)

Status Chance 30% per second -> 30%

Critical Chance 5% -> 12%

Critical Damage 1.5x -> 1.8x

Battery Capacity 60, regen delay 1 secs, regen rate 40

Range 20m

1m Punch Through

.5 Ammo requirement

Cycron currently has 2 meters Punchthrough, so it's losing 1 meter with the changes.

Ignis is one of my favorite weapons, despite it not being well suited to end game. I dumped a lot of forma into my wraith, despite not having much of it. That massive range and punch-through nerf is looking really unnecessary. The whole appeal of using it is that it's a huge flamethrower. Giving it a mote of crit chance isn't going to compensate for any of that.

A lot of these changes look a lot more like nerfs than buffs. That damage calculation change had better be massive.

43 minutes ago, Shaloman said:

You are not. To be fair , they're trying to balance it, but they're taking some steps that don't really help and counteract the buffs we do get. 14m range is a joke on any weapon except flame, and lower ing the crit and status chance of cc weapons makes some of them useless. Amprex being the best example. Its base damage was increased, but it's wholly insufficient for the range they provided. If I'm 20m away from a group of level 40 enemies, that base damage and weak crit aren't gonna help much, mainly because it won't even touch them without Sinister Reach. Overall, the weapons' effectiveness hasn't changed.

The range changes are my biggest concern. Using “accurate and no recoil” as an excuse to severely limit the range is arguably invalidated when the highest (base) RoF primary (Prisma Grakata) has no falloff. Even with Heavy Calibur, it’s accuracy and recoil are still consistent and easily controlled. Never mind that Heavy Calibur is no longer in the meta for it thanks to Hunter Munitions.

At 14m Amprex doesnt extend far past the range of Orthos Prime + Primed Reach.

23 hours ago, Stoner said:

Why nerf Amprex... 

As an Amprex user since the day it came out, it always had trouble hitting enemies because of the tiny range it has. Why nerf the thing it struggles in? Dont get me wrong, the damage buff is nice, but why nerf it so that it performs worse for whats its supposed to do? ie clearing enemies / being a CC gun. The crit and range nerfs are uncalled for.

because the changes in status chance on continous weapons would make it too OP for that crit stat.

Archived