Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Beam Weapons Revisited!

[DE]Rebecca

Nooo, the amprex, DE please don't remove the orange/red crits :( That is seriously the only reason I enjoy it, those chaining crits are amazing, and make the gun feel unique/special. I realize it is a buff overall, but please DE, do not remove what makes the gun special, PLEASE guys.

I'm so sad, all that time, effort, and love that went into my amprex, solely for those sexy orange/red crits. This feels like a massive punch to the gut.

3 minutes ago, Gaki_no_Tsukai said:

Nooo, the amprex, DE please don't remove the orange/red crits :( That is seriously the only reason I enjoy it, those chaining crits are amazing, and make the gun feel unique/special. I realize it is a buff overall, but please DE, do not remove what makes the gun special, PLEASE guys.

I'm so sad, all that time, effort, and love that went into my amprex, solely for those sexy orange/red crits. This feels like a massive punch to the gut.

im confused on how this is bad

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

same its base damage went up by like 4 times the original it got a little bit more crit damage at the expense of some crit chance sure it dont crit like before but damn that is still a big thing

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

i know right, its going to destroy

jep thats what i think too i guess it will lose some fans from the crit thing but overall its gonna be so much better for people without a riven like me :3 and generally i like alot of these changes especially that beam weapons are now proper status weapons like i always hoped they would be i mean most of them use elementals as their damage like ice for glaxion and electricity for amprex about time i can use it for that

Just now, ddmaster12 said:

jep thats what i think too i guess it will lose some fans from the crit thing but overall its gonna be so much better for people without a riven like me :3 and generally i like alot of these changes especially that beam weapons are now proper status weapons like i always hoped they would be i mean most of them use elementals as their damage like ice for glaxion and electricity for amprex about time i can use it for that

the problem is the ignis may be losing range for additional status, but heat doesn't ramp up the more procs you do so its going to be a tough call till i can try it, and im on ps4 so i have to wait over a month and we dont even have the rifle changes

1 hour ago, (PS4)Multi-Melta said:

I feel that the changes to the Atomos will actually harm it's use. The whole point of being able to use it was to chain enemies and torch them along the way. Upping its ammo consumption and nearly half its damage without a proper replacement for this change really irks me. The beam weapon mechanics themselves had damage tied to fire rate! So if the Atomos now has less damage and fires faster it means it is now less effective overall.

Damage is, if you do the full calculation, almost unchanged (as in about .15DPS!).

I agree the spoolup time and shorter available firing times hurt it a LOT though.

53 minutes ago, Gaki_no_Tsukai said:

Eh. It still has utterly, utterly op builds.

Which scale in non-linear ways with more enemies. (Think electric/gas procs, especially with a Saryn...)

Soooooo.....What about Stug?  I know its not a bad weapon, but it still wastes "goo" if you hit same blob too much (stack is capped).  And UI doesn't show its true stats. it does have status chance that is not listed.

And about Convectrix.  

• Electric proc when beams converge (its description suggests this) would be great.
  • Horizontal beam spread with multishot would be awesome too. A fan of beams with proper riven.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! My Flux Rifle is awesome again!!! 

Now for real feedback: DE you nailed the battery recharge mechanic perfectly. During several missions I was using the Flux, I never noticed once the reload cycle, just taking your finger off the trigger for a second just BAM and your good to go again. I was really not certain about the recharge mechanic, but it works so smoothly I will rebuild the Cycron again just to see how the weapon is now. Also thank you for the range.

Quanta

Damage 220 -> 20 Electricity

Fire Rate 1/s -> 12

Status Chance 10%/s -> 16%

Critical Chance 10% -> 16%

Critical Damage 2.0 -> 2.2x

Magazine 60/540 Capacity

50M -> 40m Range

Alt Fire Explosion Radius 6m

Alt Fire Explosion Damage 400 -> 600

Oh golly gee whiz! Thanks DE! we've always wanted a 91%damage reduction. Nothing makes the game more fun that useless weapons. Everyone's going to love this!

Just now, Shaloman said:

Oh golly gee whiz! Thanks DE! we've always wanted a 91%damage reduction. Nothing makes the game more fun that useless weapons. Everyone'd going to love this!

You dont realize how different the beam weapons work now, take the weapon out and actually use it. I know the Flux is back to what it used to be before Status per second and damage 1.0 devastated it.

R.I.P. Amprex the crit monster I will miss you. the ignis nerf is fine and i look forward to testing the cycron and flux rife rework. the "ammo economy" buff was much needed and appreciated but i cringe at the loss in diversity of weapons with extremely skewed stats. 

sorry DE too confusing too understant  need too test it
so fire rate have nothing to do with dmg or status but they still have fire rate ????

old beam weapons had no status since there was no status at that time and why synapse have no 50% crit chance  base ????
is this new system so oP that u guys have too nerf synapse again ??

2 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

Not to sound mean but you apparently you don't understand how critical chance works or haven't had CC setups before. Given that the Amprex had/has a 50% critical chance thus reducing our world reduce the amount of damage possible with CC. The amount of base damage has been increased so that helps some. Regardless it limits how you are able to mod the weapon. Basically reducing how it is used/played.  That's not right given that they are reducing range of the season as well.

The bigger issue is the reduction in range which basically requires the use of sinister reach mod now. Requiring mods for no reason is wrong. Especially since it screws up anyone who would use the Amprex and opens them up to a lot of damage given how close you need to be to shoot the enemy.

59 minutes ago, Shaloman said:

Oh golly gee whiz! Thanks DE! we've always wanted a 91%damage reduction. Nothing makes the game more fun that useless weapons. Everyone's going to love this!

i think it will be  dmg base* fire rate
quanta will be 20*12 240

thats why all the weapons look too be nerfed

2 minutes ago, (PS4)FrellMeDead said:

Not to sound mean but you apparently you don't understand how critical chance works or haven't had CC setups before. Given that the Amprex had/has a 50% critical chance thus reducing our world reduce the amount of damage possible with CC. The amount of base damage has been increased so that helps some. Regardless it limits how you are able to mod the weapon. Basically reducing how it is used/played.  That's not right given that they are reducing range of the season as well.

The bigger issue is the reduction in range which basically requires the use of sinister reach mod now. Requiring mods for no reason is wrong. Especially since it screws up anyone who would use the Amprex and opens them up to a lot of damage given how close you need to be to shoot the enemy.

yea the range off the weapons seems too be a bigg nerf   i think  20 min 50 max   flamestrowes 20  quantas 50  but weapoms with less then  20  are kinda stupid since there ppl in game playing with soliacs and lectas with 27 meters tks too rivesn why im losing my time shooting too the head at 15 18 m  when i can just spin atake maiming stirke free red crit and all ppl die

After Testing quite a few Beam weapons I'm fairly pleased with the results.

Not the for sake of feeling Powerful but for the sake of Single-Target damage sources. This is the level of performance we should expect from single target weapons. Enough with the AoE Launcher / Shotgun supremacy. Who cares if it shreds faster than your Soma Prime. Fact is, Soma Prime sucks and has for a while now.

I cannot express how happy it makes me to see good aim finally rewarded after so long.

Long live Beam weapons and welcome back Single target DPS.

Some of these changes honestly make no sense and only seem to limit what can be done/modded. You would think that more diversity would be preferable but based on some of these changes that's apparently not the case. The changes to range is the main problem and severely limits some the weapons given that you are basically required to use sinister reach, etc.

DE please change this before these updates come out. You can see that the range issue is not wanted by anyone that uses this weapon. As someone who has played WarFrame right after it came out on PC and then again on PS4 don't further alienate long time users with these pointless changes. The same goes for the strange changes to Ember which does nothing to fix the suppose issues but does piss off long term players that want to see this game better and better. Just wanted to put that out there given all the recent changes, nerfs, that have occurred recently. Some of which were needed while others were pointless and cause strife and confusion.

Archived