Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Beam Weapons Revisited!

[DE]Rebecca

5 hours ago, DawnFalcon said:

Quanta damage is much higher. But it has a relatively small magazine and 8.3% of of the overall amo (in terms of "time it can fire for") it did before. Ungood.

Synoid Gamacore has had a massive nerf to damage. Amo economy is a fair bit better, but it lacks the punch it had before.

Atomos damage is basically identical, and it does plenty of procs if it's jumping. 10% nerf to amo efficiency. I'm... not really that impressed.

(The 0.8s spinup time really hurts the lowest firetime/magazine weapons - Quanta, Atomos, Embolist, Flux Rifle)

That is honestly depressing to hear about all three of those guns. The Quanta Vandal and synoid gamacore we're my two favorite guns. Now I'm probably barely going to touch the second. And the atomos has needed a good buff in my opinion for a while. Why change the gamacore at all? They already ruined it once before. Now the put the nail in the coffin? Quanta ammo part sucks but I can live with it with ammo mods I already use for other rifles.

So far most of my beam weapon experiments have all been wildly successful, to the point where I'd expect some nerfs.

For reference, I've tried out the Ignis Wraith, Panthera Alt Fire, Glaxion, Amprex, Phage, Embolist, Cycron, Nukor and Synoid Gammacor.

Still working on trying to make the Convectrix and Flux Rifle work tho.

В 21.02.2018 в 02:41, Futurehero сказал:

Please strongly reconsider launching the Convectrix in this current state and do a more extensive rework on it.

The issue with the convectrix has nothing to do with its stats, but everything to do with its firing mechanics.

It does not function  as "a pair of laser scissors"  . Nobody toggles the beam in and out. Everyone uses it as a Flux Rifle 2.0.

As a personal suggestion, Consider the making  the secondary toggle between a "focused mode", and a "wide angle" mode.

Focused gives you more range and more damage.

Wide angle gives you a linear ~35 degree angle "line" of damage, with less range and less damage, but obviously more AOE, and possibly some more punchthrough. 

Aka, the difference  between killing elite infested, and waves of trash mobs.

Crappy ilustrated diagram ahead:

Focused mode:

--

||

||

||

||

||

||

Wide angle mode:

-------------

\          /

\     /

\/

I agree, but i kinda love the moment when beams converge.   I think primary fire should still start with 2 beams, but they must converge much faster.   When trigger is released, beams should disappear instantly and return to their "open" positions.

I am very pleasantly surprised with these buffs

the biggest surprise was that these weapons are now much much more ammo efficient
I was able to finally take my primed ammo mutation off and I was completely fine without it

also magazines seem to last much longer

Im also pretty comfortable how the ranges are right now which I was very concerned of originally

all the weapons seem to be waay stronger than before
before my beams barely tickled lvl 50:s but now with right builds they can take down lvl 150:s with ease

I am still yet to try flux rifle,spectra and embolist since I removed them waaay back
cant wait to see how those function aswell

my only real issue currently is simply regarding to "weapon identity"
note you nothing to do with overall effectiveness
with this I mean like how with amprex if you change your elemental to corrosive then you completely remove the electric procs and thats bit sad since this is a lightning gun
DE could you please consider making innate elemental procs on top of elemental combos and maybe special functions to their respective weapons?
ignis,glaxion,amprex and  others if I forgot any?

it would simply make the weapons feel more unique and fun
however I dont think it would actually improve effectiveness all that much except crowd control

I also think the beam firing sounds are very low volume
bit more oomph would be great

but as I said overall Im very happy with these changes
good work

On 20/02/2018 at 8:02 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Amprex

Mastery Rank 10

Damage 24 Electricity

Fire Rate 12

Status Chance 22%

Critical Chance 32%

Critical Damage 2.2x

14m Range

Magazine 100/700 Capacity

.5 Ammo requirement

Can I request that I get 6 forma's back as i @(*()$ JUST USED 6 FORMAS ON THIS to have it work in a specific way?

jesus christ I just got butt #*($%%@ over with a build that I literally spend days making. F*** you and this fix.

Tested and built an amprex and synapse and working on Flux with riven now all I can say is:

Everyone who says amprex is weak now shall learn to mod properly its a goddamn beast and shreds through 130 corrupteds with slash viral as well as slash corrosive  

Amazing. Well done there DE

2 hours ago, MrLagzy said:

Can I request that I get 6 forma's back as i @(*()$ JUST USED 6 FORMAS ON THIS to have it work in a specific way?

jesus christ I just got butt #*($%%@ over with a build that I literally spend days making. F*** you and this fix.

Go test it with the same build. Will be better than before even with it looking nerfed on paper. Go test it you f***

3 hours ago, MrLagzy said:

I have a 5 forma build and before it would wreck mid level enemies but wouldn't scratch lvl 100 hvy gunners now it kills 'em pretty quickly without any changes to my build

Am 20.2.2018 um 20:02 schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Since introducing the Cycron and seeing your thoughts, we're improving battery-based ammunition

I think the idea for battery-based ammunition got lost with these changes. It isn`t any different than shooting a gun with 50-80 magazine capacity and reloading for 2 or 2.5 seconds.

What it should do to stand out is having maybe 2500 or 5000 ammo per battery and once it is empty it would recharge for 15 seconds. So a battery driven gun would clearly exceed anything we know for continous fire across multiple magazines and then have its penalty where you have to switch to your secondary or melee for a moment. 

I think that wouldn`t be too harsh and more interesting as a mechanic.

10 hours ago, (Xbox One)InfectedMonkey said:

That is honestly depressing to hear about all three of those guns. The Quanta Vandal and synoid gamacore we're my two favorite guns. Now I'm probably barely going to touch the second. And the atomos has needed a good buff in my opinion for a while. Why change the gamacore at all? They already ruined it once before. Now the put the nail in the coffin? Quanta ammo part sucks but I can live with it with ammo mods I already use for other rifles.

The atomos, I'm hearing, is decent when you spec if for corrosive/heat - but you'll need to use carrier.

Gammacore, well, it was too strong at the start but this additional DPS nerf ain't needed.

The Quanta concern for me is more the spinup time - if you fire some secondaries then use the primary, you don't get long to shoot AND the beam needs to spin up before it can reach the secondaries to detonate them. Ugh.

17 minutes ago, DawnFalcon said:

The atomos, I'm hearing, is decent when you spec if for corrosive/heat - but you'll need to use carrier.

Gammacore, well, it was too strong at the start but this additional DPS nerf ain't needed.

The Quanta concern for me is more the spinup time - if you fire some secondaries then use the primary, you don't get long to shoot AND the beam needs to spin up before it can reach the secondaries to detonate them. Ugh.

Hopefully they see this feedback on the quanta and vandal version both at the very least. That gun was perfect to me. And now it looks like my laser rifle/shotgun is gonna kill me on reloads alone.

16 hours ago, iceyShardZ said:

did you post a video? :P

I didn't need to xD 

I'm sorry DE for complaining about this earlier but it actually works like a beast now. I really don't understand the mechanics but using only the riven I have for cc and focusing a bit more on status literally melts the enemies be it corrupted or corpus. Maybe it has to do with how status works and how ammo efficient it is now but it's certainly better than it was before. Sorry for complaining without testing 😅

Seems like things have turned out pretty well, other than Ignis not breaking boxes very well anymore and no punchtrough but whatever. Nothing was nerfed, everything is stronger.
Would be nice if they had slightly more varied stats still since they did become pretty same-ish for builds. But again w/e.

@[DE]Rebecca

• Ramp up is a good mechanic, however it has to stick on targets that we've built them up on. People are having to re-do the whole ramp up process just by flicking the crosshair somewhere else for a mere second.
    1. Built up "Ramp" should not disappear instantly, simply because we moved the crosshair out for a second.
    2. Introduce Ramp-up decay per target. Each target would eventually "cooldown" when not within the beam's area of influence for too long.

I hope this feedback helps, the recent fix to ramp-up has made it unwieldy...

Archived