Fire Rate 12

Status Chance 13%

Critical Chance 39%

Critical Damage 2.7x

19m Range

Magazine 70/560 Capacity

.5 Ammo requirement

no need to corrode why it spoils the entire weapon system

Corrosive is strictly a major buff and most of us would be running it anyways. If you want more elemental diversity ask for armor to be less awful not for bad weapons.

Edit:" somehow missed it on my scrolling. Not sure how well Galxion will be useable especially in comparison to my 230% multishot, 120% crit tiberon. I have rivens for both. Haven't bothered to roll Glaxion.

I get an Galxion riven last week and it's not getting buffed out of it's useless state. My riven could be rolled to make it good, but it will never compare to tiberon or tigris prime which both have rivens. So what's even the point of rolling Glaxion? 

either buff it or fix rivens please. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Beam Weapons & Warframe. Depending on how long you've played our game you've either only known them to function as they currently do (calculating per second), or remember a time when they calculated damage much differently. Perhaps 5 year-veterans speak of a different era of Beam Weapons.

@Cicasajt This pretty much states they are doing away with damage calculations per second, and changing it to something new, or well, reverting them to the beasts they once were. It also heavily implies that they're doing away with status/sec because they no longer will have them be calculating per second.

Flux Rifle

Damage 22 Physical (56% Puncture and 44% Slash)

Please reconsider the damage type change. One of the most fun things about the flux rifle is how easily it splits enemies into many pieces because it has like 80% slash damage. It’s one of the reasons it’s my favorite weapon, despite how garbage it is.

53 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Mastery Rank 4-6

Flux Rifle

Damage 22 Physical (56% Puncture and 44% Slash)

Fire Rate 12

Status Chance 24%

Critical Chance 10%

Converted to Battery with 50 capacity, 1 sec recharge delay and 40 regen rate

30m range

0.5m Punch Through

.5 Ammo requirement

Note: Since introducing the Cycron and seeing your thoughts, we're improving battery-based ammunition in this beam revisit including adding it to the Flux Rifle. Flux Rifle's original reload time was 2 seconds. With battery, regen delay approximates to roughly less reload time (just over 1 second) with the added bonus that dodge rolls don't interrupt it.

I like the idea of adding battery mechanics to Flux since it is of Corpus design. I don't think i'm completely understanding the way dmg and status is going to be calculated, but if it is truly "as they were before" then this sounds fantastic. However, I do request that those puncture and slash percentages be swapped (56% Slash, 44% Puncture) as many fans like myself liked that aspect of the Flux Rifle.

On another note, these stats seem to be on the lower spectrum of changes presented here. I was hoping Flux could get better DPS, but hopefully I am just mistaken about this but i'll have to wait and test. I think the weapons team did an amazing job on the last balance pass so I am confident they will do a good job on beam weapons. Keep it up :)

3 minutes ago, DelterSkelter said:

A lot of these seem like damage nerfs, like the Gammacor and Atomos. Are they supposed to be balanced out by the status changes? 

Beam weapons are changing mechanically, since they are reverting the change of calculating per second. So, basically we can't compare any of the new stats to the old ones.

Mastery Rank 10-12

Synapse

Mastery Rank 11

Damage 18 Corrosive

Fire Rate 12

Status Chance 13%

Critical Chance 39%

Critical Damage 2.7x

19m Range

Magazine 70/560 Capacity

.5 Ammo requirement

no need to Corrosive why it spoils the entire weapon system and 

19m Range

Magazine 70/560 Capacity 

very bad 19 meters are no longer relevant as running on the plains and so 70 store at 12 rate of fire 100 minimum was (

vor einer Stunde schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Atomos

Mastery Rank 5
Fire Rate 8
Damage 29 Fire
Status Chance 21%
Critical Chance 15%
Critical Damage 1.7x

What? Really? Dmg reduction 50 > new 29 and 10% more crit chance + 0,2% crit dmg + 11% status? A bad joke? Really... Why?

Status Chance

Will Status chance still be Status per second, or status per hit like every other weapon in the game? 

Changing to status per second is really what killed beam weapons of olden days

Phage

Mastery Rank 11

Damage 30 Viral

Fire Rate 12

Status Chance 31%

Critical Chance 19%

Magazine 170/680 Capacity

25m Range

Phage should make use of its 7 beam setup and a unique effect instead of ramping Status and Crit while making it more Carrier friendly; so status down to 20% on each tentacle (or keep it at 30-31% if its using shotgun status calculation instead of old Cernos Prime one), crit 10% with a base fire rate of 7 AND a effect that every time it damages enemies that are viral procced, it converts 3-5% of the damage dealt to energy for the warframe and ammo for itself (eating the flesh lost by diseased enemies converting it into energy and ammo for itself)

(also if possible its beam alignment should finally be fixed so that it isnt at a 30-120 degree angle off the actual "feelers" out of which the tentacles come like it was)

Similar thing for the Synapse, corrosive makes no sense, its crit chance should be AT LEAST a flat 40% so that its not riven bait and gets to 100% with Point Strike and should function off the charge system like Dex Pixia and AW weapons do with it generating its own ammo (possibly by draining the warframe shields or dealing a tiny bit of non status electric damage to inaros, nidus and when a frame has 0 shields).

8 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

I get an Galxion riven last week and it's not getting buffed out of it's useless state. My riven could be rolled to make it good, but it will never compare to tiberon or tigris prime which both have rivens. So what's even the point of rolling Glaxion? 

either buff it or fix rivens please. 

What? It's definitely getting buffed.

Embolist

Mastery Rank 9

Fire Rate 8

Damage 35 Poison

Status Chance 41%

Critical Chance 3%

Reload 1.3secs

9m Range

1m Radius at beam end point

.5 Ammo requirement

Really wanted this gun to have a secondary fire, shoots a blot/spike... kinda like Mei's gun from Overwatch.

And heck... why not have damage from the primary fire increase when you're hitting enemies with blots/spikes in them.

il y a 1 minute, DaMasque a dit :

Really wanted this gun to have a secondary fire, shoots a blot/spike... kinda like Mei's gun from Overwatch.

And heck... why not have damage from the primary fire increase when you're hitting enemies with blots/spikes in them.

9 meters all spoil the weapon because of this is not playable, even with a php it is necessary to do a minimum of 20 meters

Why the range nerfs on the Ignis series and Amprex?  Coming down from 40m to 20 and 27m for the Ignises and 18m to 14m on the Amprex is brutal.

Why not more range buffs?  What's the point of beam weapons having such a short range?  Serious question.

I like the Ignis' current range and use it often to sweep rooms for containers and to proc Viral/Radiation (losing the punch through is gonna suck, lots of little bumps in geometry are likely going to ruin this gun) and I use the Atomos for when I'm doing Kuva runs because dancing around the siphon and bouncing beams off of it is fun, but their limited range and mediocre damage has always kept them as utility/fun weapons and not something I take into serious missions.

I'm interested to see if these changes will improve their usefulness to me at all, but I'm pretty unsure right now since I was at least expecting ranges to at lease stay the same, if not be improved a little.  Seeing something like the Embolist go from 6m to 9m is making me worried you guys don't understand how useless such short ranges are, though.

Spectra

Fire Rate 12

Damage 18 Physical (42% Puncture, 58% Slash)

Status Chance 22%

Critical Chance 14%

Reload 1.8secs

Magazine 60/360 Capacity

0.5m Punch Through

16m Range

.5 Ammo requirement

Thank you so much for this! I've been using Spectra a lot but it never felt quite there.... It was always missing that needed Status Chance and/or Damage.

Archived