[DE]Drew

Forum Clans now Available!

@[DE]Drew

A suggestion, can you guys add a feature where it displays the players clan name under forums name

ex - SVS8muB.png

From another games fourm - Player name - Guild name - Rank

IMO it would be a nice feature to go along with the clan the player joins on the fourms idk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

vor 58 Minuten schrieb -CG-ImMrBloo:

@[DE]Drew changing it by activity was a really dumb thing

it makes this system look absolutely DEAD, and people will just forum bump to move to the top again... Makes this entirely pointless..

UKusByX.jpg

I think this request is on point.
When you have the default filter on "lates activity" it will punish clans or Alliances that have a hughe discord activity and use this new feature to find new players or clans.
The old filter was a lot better.

OH! And you translated "Clan" to "Club" für german ppl. That translation is WAY of. :D

Edit: AND the filter itself is broken. "Latest activity" will just show new clans. When you post in your own Clan Forum, it doesnt count to activity. So only the Clans that were last created are on the first site.

Edited by -VS-Zany

Hey, so are we supposed to use the prefix & suffix or not? My question was going to be if we're supposed to report the clans not following the etiquette but the lines about prefix &  suffix were removed recently.
Also, is anything going to be done about clans that put symbols in their clan name title despite not being part of their name, just to appear in front of everyone else if you sort by Name?
@[DE]Drew

• Upvote 1

If you change sorting to 'membership' then select page 2, it resets to page 1, and reverts to 'last active' 

I can't find an activity that counts as active yet besides creation either. I would agree it is currently worse than by membership, and that was biased to PC members by far. My only hope of being seen is if they move towards using the PS4 or Xbox One flag on our web names to auto-set the filter to our platform of choice. At least I'd have a shot at being seen by a PS4 user then. 

Currently sort by is useless as it reverts to default if you try to view page 2 with anything but last active. And active is a mystery.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Navarchus said:

Hey, so are we supposed to use the prefix & suffix or not? My question was going to be if we're supposed to report the clans not following the etiquette but the lines about prefix &  suffix were removed recently.
Also, is anything going to be done about clans that put symbols in their clan name title despite not being part of their name, just to appear in front of everyone else if you sort by Name?
@[DE]Drew

I added those to my header yesterday, DE removed them sometime yesterday. Not sure why, but changeing the header may have messed something up after creation.

I cannot be only one of two XBOX Mountain clans on this, maybe filtering is broken? - Or if there are only two, we can leave it that way - it is fine with me :)

It will make recruiting much easier.

I feel fro you @[DE]Drew I have run many forums and introduction of a new feature is always great fun. If you need people to help add me to the list of players willing to lend a hand as needed.

2018-02-22_103027.png

2018-02-22_103045.png

@[DE]Drew Quick question! I wish to set up an area for the clan I am in, yet my clan's leader does not browse the forums to my knowledge. Furthermore, only I and one other player in our clan uses the forums, meaning that it would be fairly disparate between out of game and in game. my question is this: So long as I follow the other rules and list who the actual clan leader is in addition to listing the amount of players in the clan, would I be fine to make the Clan on the Forums, or would that still not be enough?

On 2/20/2018 at 10:40 PM, (Xbox One)falconpwnch0234 said:

I've been looking for hours and i couldn't figure it out how to do it manually, it seems that there is currently no option to change clan status from closed to open..

I think you have to put up a message in the community inbox requesting for a change to the clan status

Having the same type of problem...clan shows "closed", but I have the "Looking for members" clicked...but we are not closed, please help. @[DE]Drew

All the clans were set to closed by DE I think yesterday, there was some bug or issue with them being open. It only affects how people join your club, not your listing as recruiting or not. Just trying to help.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShaiPaneer said:

@[DE]Drew

A suggestion, can you guys add a feature where it displays the players clan name under forums name

ex - SVS8muB.png

From another games fourm - Player name - Guild name - Rank

IMO it would be a nice feature to go along with the clan the player joins on the fourms idk

I think they should have a system to make a forum clan a tenno is in as their primary clan, same goes for alliance as well if clan is not chosen as a primary clan, then it'll show up in forum replies and on profile as well.

@[DE]Drew

Anything on the previously mentioned CSS tweaks or feature additions?

19 hours ago, (PS4)Dorian-Hawkmoon said:

All the clans were set to closed by DE I think yesterday, there was some bug or issue with them being open. It only affects how people join your club, not your listing as recruiting or not. Just trying to help.

I would actually say it does affect recruitment due to any information being shown within is now being hidden and all requests to join now require approval, BUT I can see this as all a temporary change until it's worked on further.

Edited by Sean

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

@[DE]Drew

Anything on the previously mentioned CSS tweaks or feature additions?

I would actually say it does affect recruitment due to any information being shown within is now being hidden and all requests to join now require approval, BUT I can see this as all a temporary change until it's worked on further.

I wasn't trying to infer it doesn't affect recruiting, it was in reference to the actual flag of recruiting or not recruiting. I was just trying to clarify for a question I saw earlier. The whole thing is new and has changed several times already. Just thought I might help some confusion.

I have 2 question:

- if you aren't looking for new members, that that mean the join button becomes disabled or s that just a reference that ingame i ain't currently looking for someone?

- how you change a closed clan to an open one? I ask this because the clan details i want to make public isn't just the tipical clan tier or how much research it has done, instead it's rules, clan tax, absense of research information, minimin requirements,....
Those are in a topic as it allows for correct formating, but no one can see that if it's closed.

Can't change Emblem on a newly created clan in the forum section.

My previous clan forum works fine as seen here:  you can see the little square option to change emblem theretuwJ53A.png

but not for newly found forum clans like this one: No little square option to change it here.

W3iTyRl.png

I got leader role in both

Edit: I see now that only founders can change the clan emblem, so the problem is fixed for now, although I can see this becoming a problem for normal leaders.

Edited by ---RV---Maniac
  • Upvote 1

By making all the Clans 'Closed' (ie. all content not visible to non-members), I find it a little contraproductive to initial intent - to replace recruitment forums. As non-members cannot see recruitment posts some of us created there.

Hopefully, this will be fix'd - one of the suggested solutions from me, that would be most friendly to all Warlords out there, would be to give us power what content is visible to members-only and otherwise - and let non-members post in these accessible parts of Clan forums too, for easier communication. I know PM is a thing, but people tended to post in the old Recruitment threads in case of interest as well.

• Applause 1

Bit worrying that it's in the same state as it was over a week ago with no status updates.

@[DE]Drew

Can you shed any light on what's going on across anything mentioned in the past few pages?

On 3/2/2018 at 11:14 PM, Sean said:

Bit worrying that it's in the same state as it was over a week ago with no status updates.

@[DE]Drew

Can you shed any light on what's going on across anything mentioned in the past few pages?

Watching how it evolves a bit so that changes aren't premature. A few requests also require a fair amount of work to implement.

Update:

- Clans are staying closed for now until I can implement a way to change without needing to submit a request and so that some information doesn't show publicly when it shouldn't (ie, your Clan Events). 

- I will look into hooking up to in-game clans but it won't quick or easy to do. 

- Yes, you can make a Clan for your Warlord if they aren't a forum enthusiast. 

• Like 1

@[DE]Drew

Will anything be done on the CSS? It's still a bit of a mess and can be easily fixed up.

- Banners used still have issues with fitting their boxes on the overall clan list

- Member options still use pure white on dark themes which makes them not fully visible

- Pure black should really not be used when it comes to dark themes

...and that's only within the clan section, the rest of the dark theme in the forums has needed work for a LONG time.