[DE]Drew

Forum Clans now Available!

What about some sort of relation with the clan ingame regarding the actual members int he clan?

What i mean by this is that if i kick someone from the clan i will also likely kick from the clan on the forums, but how do you kick someone exactly? Or will the clan keep growing and growing with new members?

EDIT: nvm, the black theme makes it hard to see the options

Edited by KIREEK

1 hour ago, Abraxas said:

Hi.

Will it be possible to change the founder of the forum clan and, if so, how?

If not, how can we delete the clan?

Thanks.

If you created the Clan on the forums thing you can go to "Edit Clan Settings" on the right side of your banner.

Then there's a Delete with trash can icon on the lower right of that Edit screen that I believe allows you do delete the entry.

LGMAW4o.png

I accidentally made a second calendar and now, unless I'm being blind, I can't delete it. If there's no option to then adding one would be great. Would also be good to be able to re-order the topics (Home, Members, etc).

@[DE]Drew

1) Are there any rules against joining a different clan on Forums as opposed to in game? For example, I am in a clan that runs Trials (or nightly Eidolons) and want to join a friend's clan on the Forums to socialize?

2) Pending the answer to 1) are we allowed to join multiple clans on the Forums? So I could join my in-game clan, as well as my friend's clan(s) on Forums? Or perhaps to join a different clan for various purposes, like sharing memes or to talk about a specific feature (theorycrafting, builds, lore, Umbra, fanfics...) with like-minded people?

3) Pending the success of the Forums Clans, will we see any features linking the Forums and In-game clans? It would be neat to be able to share some things on the website that cannot be shared easily in game. EX: A clan 'Relic Vault' where members can pool their relics together to see who is able to Radshare a relic you're looking for, or a similar feature for Prime Parts. Looking for a Latron Prime set? Maybe one of your clanmates has added one to the vault! Even seeing leaderboards on the website could be neat.

4) Are you working on this yourself? Kudos, and keep up the good work! :heart:

Edited by Aceofgods

7 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

anyway we can access this system in-game? bit strange we have to do find clans/recruit outside the game universe.

Hi :D I am warlord of Royal Destiny and I have set my clan page to be closed while making it. Now I can't seem to be able to find the option to make it open. Is it a bug or is the option not available after the page is made? Your quick reply to this will be very much appreciated. Thanks and have a good day :)

1 hour ago, (PS4)Steelergurl33 said:

Interesting addition! Thanks DE!

How can you change settings from "closed" to "open"? @[DE]Drew

Any help is appreciated! 

15 minutes ago, MarsDaddy said:

Hi :D I am warlord of Royal Destiny and I have set my clan page to be closed while making it. Now I can't seem to be able to find the option to make it open. Is it a bug or is the option not available after the page is made? Your quick reply to this will be very much appreciated. Thanks and have a good day :)

I've been looking for hours and i couldn't figure it out how to do it manually, it seems that there is currently no option to change clan status from closed to open..

I think you have to put up a message in the community inbox requesting for a change to the clan status

Edited by (XB1)falconpwnch0234
  • Upvote 2

@[DE]CrewmanDrew If the idea to having the Closed option on the clan groups is for privacy you might want to...remove the fact people can see every member of the clan in that list. It makes for some huge potential annoyances, drama, poaching of members etc for people with petty squabbling issues. IMO the most important sensitive topic that should be closed off entirely is the clan member list. 

Suggestions for improvement!

- Add a Tier tag that each Clan can have, split each Tier into it's own section
- Have some tags like on the /r/warframeclanrecruit for different regions for regional clans
- Remove the ability for anyone to see group Members
- Add this for Alliances!

• Upvote 1

Is there a possibility of all members of a clan having the same profile as clan emblem.

That is a really neat addition to the Forums, awesome and thanks Devs ! 

Playing with it a bit, I found there needs to be a way to clearly mark a Clan as PS4, PC or XBOX, or any combination of these if a Clan is on multiple Platforms . There also needs to be an equivalent Option in the Filters . Also, people need to be able to search for Clan by Name . Lastly, the "sort by name" thingie does not seem to work properly .

11 hours ago, Aceofgods said:

@[DE]Drew

1) Are there any rules against joining a different clan on Forums as opposed to in game? For example, I am in a clan that runs Trials (or nightly Eidolons) and want to join a friend's clan on the Forums to socialize?

2) Pending the answer to 1) are we allowed to join multiple clans on the Forums? So I could join my in-game clan, as well as my friend's clan(s) on Forums? Or perhaps to join a different clan for various purposes, like sharing memes or to talk about a specific feature (theorycrafting, builds, lore, Umbra, fanfics...) with like-minded people?

3) Pending the success of the Forums Clans, will we see any features linking the Forums and In-game clans? It would be neat to be able to share some things on the website that cannot be shared easily in game. EX: A clan 'Relic Vault' where members can pool their relics together to see who is able to Radshare a relic you're looking for, or a similar feature for Prime Parts. Looking for a Latron Prime set? Maybe one of your clanmates has added one to the vault! Even seeing leaderboards on the website could be neat.

4) Are you working on this yourself? Kudos, and keep up the good work! :heart:

1) No, I don't see any reason why not. 
2) Yup, again, no reason why not. 
3) That's the hope, yeah!
4) yessir. thanks!

• Satisfied 1

@[DE]Drew
Is there any possibility of connecting the clan forum to the game?
So whoever joins the clan in the game already enters the forum as well.
Would be wonderful!

3 minutes ago, 0RI0N7 said:

@[DE]Drew
Would be wonderful!

If this feature proves popular/valuable, I'll see if I can get that done. 

1 minute ago, -CG-ImMrBloo said:

Can we have an Alliance version of this?

Once I've cleaned up a few more issues, I'll see about implementing some Alliance options as well. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, [DE]Drew said:

If this feature proves popular/valuable, I'll see if I can get that done. 

Nice!

Please give a privacy option to hide members from our lists. Some people are not as noble as others and will use that to poach people from clans. This could be a HUGE deterrent for people using your awesome system Drew.

• Applause 1

Thank you very much for this effort !
I'm glad that clan & alliance features finally get more attention & improvement :satisfied:

1 hour ago, 0RI0N7 said:

@[DE]Drew
Would be wonderful!

To add to this, maybe add a kiosk to the dojos, much like the "news" kiosk in our orbiter, with links to view the clan page and important/recent post

Edited by (PS4)JacK-88

@[DE]Drew

1. Possibility on customizing ranks to have them match what we have in-game?

2. Might be good to prevent multiple tiers from being possibly selected, could have "Alliance" as a Toggle, then a multiple choice list won't be needed.

3. Possibility on being able to disable post creation within a "topic"? I prefer to have them used as "Information Tabs" instead of something akin to "forums". Could have an option of where you choose what "kind" of topic you are making, so one would be a "Discussion" type (which would be the current version) and the other would be "Information".

4. The members section doesn't work with the dark theme. Specifically the class ".ipsMemberCard" needs to have a different background color (#222 wouldn't be a bad option).

5. Much like in-game, some clans are trying to take advantage of how alphabetical sorting works, any possibilities on having the sort function ignore any non-alphabetical characters?

Great work so far on this! Can already see this becoming something amazing in the near future.