Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Razer Chroma and default energy color

AXCrusnik

If you use the default energy color, which appears as the gray transparency checkerboard type thing in the color picker, you always end up with black energy on Razer Chroma which results in all lights being turned off instead of matching the default energy color of the warframe/operator.

13 minutes ago, _Ruby_Rose_ said:

Deeply confused 

Razer makes keyboards and mice. Some of them have Chroma RGB lighting which you can customize and some games, including warframe use special effect like ripples and flashes when you use abilities, as well as matching colors to the character you are using. If you use the default energy color then you get no lighting effects because it's counted as black.

Here's Razer Chroma's special effects while playing warframe:

Edited by AXCrusnik

Here's the thing: We used to have these color values in RGB palette form, which the game uses, when in default. Those were actually autocopied off the original Warframe files. When they introduced the default colors, the slots became blank to use the ones embedded/coded in the files. Hence why it's balck: It's literally blank. I guess it's the same issue making channeling effects be white.

They could try to change this so default colors has the dark blue color of Excalibur though, which is the one used throughout the game for other things (like Default energy then use Transference).

Edited by NightmareT12

1 minute ago, NightmareT12 said:

Here's the thing: We used to have these color values in RGB palette form, which the game uses, when in default. Those were actually autocopied off the original Warframe files. When they introduced the default colors, the slots became blank to use the ones embedded/coded in the files. Hence why it's balck: It's literally blank. I guess it's the same issue making channeling effects be white.

They could try to change this so default colors has the dark blue color of Excalibur though, which is the one used throughout the game for other things (like Default energy then use Transference).

Yeah I know why it's happening which is why I mentioned the transparency. I was hoping they could add some way for it to call the colors used for default so you can see them, Not only for Razer Chroma to work with them, but also to maybe try to use them elsewhere (but still show an indicator that it's the default color).

Just now, AXCrusnik said:

Yeah I know why it's happening which is why I mentioned the transparency. I was hoping they could add some way for it to call the colors used for default so you can see them, Not only for Razer Chroma to work with them, but also to maybe try to use them elsewhere (but still show an indicator that it's the default color).

The problem is it's a miscopy. The true energy can be various values (Trinity is supposed to have a red visor but blue energy dots on the helm), while the palette picks the body (and so do helmets right now automatically). So I don't really know if there's a way to call without overriding.