Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VirtualViolet

Temporary holstering of weapons during parkour animations

When a warframe performs a bullet jump or double jump or wall-hopping, the currently equipped weapon is shown in its holstered position during the animation and until landing, but for certain weapons that fold when they are holstered (most notably the Quanta family of weapons), they remain in their unfolded state, which looks weird hanging on the warframe's back. This also doesn't respect the "Visible when holstered" selection in the Arsenal Appearance options - the weapon is visible while temporarily holstered in this way regardless of that selection.

This has been the case for as long as I can remember, but I never really thought much about it until now. Interestingly enough, the older animations (from before "Parkour 2.0"), dodge-rolling and back flips, keep the weapon in the warframe's hand(s) during the animations.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

KZYjdjD.jpg8hArObG.jpg

Anyway, my suggestion is to either A) show the weapon in its normal, folded holstered positions during these animations, and/or B) make these animations respect the "Visible when holstered" option and not show the weapon at all if this is unchecked, or C) keep the weapon in the warframe's hand(s) during these animations, like they are for rolling and back flips.

P.S. - Captura mode is freaking sweet. I love it!

I say keep it in their hands. I understand having it holstered for the wallhop because it might clip through the wall depending on which way you're going, but because bullet-jumping is such a frequent thing it recently did occur to me how my weapon kept warping onto my back and then back into my hands. I prefer visual continuity so I'm going with C.