Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Point Strike Calculation Bug

(XBOX)Red Kane

According to the Wiki, Point Strike is a multiplicative add to a weapon critical chance.  The example given, assuming a max rank Point Strike, is n + (n * 1.5).  The specific example in the Wiki is 20 + (20 * 1.5) = 20 + 30 = 50%.  A vectis prime has a normal critical chance of 30%.  So using the given formula, it should work out to 30 + (30 * 1.5) = 30 + 45 = 75.  However when I add a max rank Point Strike to the mod slot with no other mods included in the weapon, the stated increased critical chance is 62.5.  This would be 30 + 32.5.  How is the 32.5 computed?  Is this in error or is it correct?.  This may also be happening with other weapons using point strike but I noticed it with a Vectis Prime as I was modding it.  It would seem to be a simple fix to address this, should this be true, so I hope this proves to be the case should this error be, in fact, true.

Thanks for looking into this.

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)Red Kane said:

when I add a max rank Point Strike to the mod slot with no other mods included in the weapon, the stated increased critical chance is 62.5

Just making sure, is it actually Vectis Prime you're modding?

Not least with that one Promo Code giving a free Vectis, you might've picked the wrong one accidentally,
because regular Vectis' 25% Crit Chance does give you exactly that 62.5 with Point Strike.

Yes, it is a Vectis Prime I am trying to mod.  I will double check as I remember seeing a 30% crit chance for the Vectis Prime on the screen as I was working on it, hence the question.  If it had been 25%, I would not have asked the question as the math would have worked out, as you pointed out.

Edited by (XB1)Red Kane
Clarification

Just verified it.  It was definitely a Vectis Prime and it shows the crit chance as 30% for this weapon on the Xbox One.  Once the rank 5 point strike was added (with no other mods on the weapon), it shows a crit chance of 62.5 vs 75 which is what it should be if the math is correct.  Maybe it is using the crit chance of the normal Vectis as a default vs the indicated value?

I went over this with a friend of mine on line and he saw the same thing on his Xbox One.

If the actual value should be 25 vs 30, then it should be reflected in the interface as such to avoid these misunderstandings.

Edited by (XB1)Red Kane
Further clarification