Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hitscan bullet trails and Shiny projectiles

Hozinger

I love how you guys are changing the sound so that it feels closer and hitting enemies have different sounds.

This 'small' change drastically increases information delivery on an instinctive level so that I don't have to 'think' about the information but rather can 'feel' the information as I play the game.

I'd love it if you focused on this instinctive information delivery in the graphics as well. (though you're probably working hard at it already).

Here are my thoughs

1.I think that hitscan weapons should also have a bullet trail. I think I may have noticed some really fast and small projectiles for hitscan weapons, but if they do have them, they are too subtle to really notice, especially in a crazy paced game like WF. I've noticed that in Destiny2 even hitscan kinetic weapons leave a thin (but definitely recognizable) trail of smoke(?) that shows you the entire shot-path in one glance. Now, having gun-shots from monsters(?) leave this bullet trail would make the game too cluttered with bullet trails, but if at least the players' gun-shots had bullet trail, it would be nice

2. All non-hitscan projectiles should be more visible(shiny?). The Astilla is a great example of this. When you fire the Astilla, you can definitely see it flying towards the enemy, whereas shots from like the Torid feels basically invisible. Having projectile trails in nice, but having the projectile itself standout (again, like the Astilla) has a much more drastic effect.

Knowing the origin of a gun-shot and the direction in which it was fired will help players instinctively realized where fellow Tenno are and what they are doing. In PVP this would significantly enhance gameplay experience because right now, when you die, sometimes it's like 'huh? what? why did I die?'; but if you die and you see the bullet trail, then you'll be like 'ah so that's what killed me' which makes a huge difference in the gameplay experience.