Jump to content

Chroma still needs tweaks on his 1 and 4.


IfritKajiTora

Recommended Posts

As a Chroma in my top 3 Fav Warframes I still find his Spectral scream and effigy useless.

Spectral Scream - does small amount of damage even with vex armor on higher leveled content and have only 60% status chance per second which sounds good, but in game it isn't that great, sometimes you need to breath on one enemy 3 seconds to give him status. It really need some buffs, I rather use my firing weapons or melee to deal great damage around 10x more that this ability can.

Effigy - It does small amount of damage too it sometimes stuns enemies for a short duration and draw SOME fire. But that isn't enough, it drains way too much energy 10 per second and reduces Chroma armor by HALF! This is just too much downsides. I feel like this ability should be for free, only cost 50 energy on cast and that's it.


Ideas:
Spectral Scream - I hope in the future it will benefit from "Damage 3.0" mechanics that people want (Three status stage for each status). So for example Cold status will slow down enemy by 30%, second cold stack will slow enemy by 60% and third status stack will freeze the enemy for 6 seconds. And to that this ability will be changed to 100% status so 3 seconds is needed to inflict full status potential.
Right now ability should get a nice buff for Elemental Ward - Each status inflicted to enemy extends Elemental Ward duration by 2-3 seconds.(up to 200% duration of elemental ward [Depending on how Chroma is moded])

Effigy - Reduce energy drain to 5 energy per second. Effigy stop Vex armor timer. That will reduce some energy costs of holding effigy and casting new Vex armor.


Second nice idea from user ---Quill-Onkko---
Spectral Scream:

  • FIRE = launch a ball of lava that leaves a trail of DoT lava on the floor behind it
  • ELECTRICc = bolt of electricity that shocks and stuns an enemy for a period of time. hitting a shielded enemy causes an AoE magnetic proc and damages enemies around the initial enemy
  • TOXIN = a ball of poison that explodes into a lingering gas cloud with a high proc chance on impact.
  • ICE = a large chunk of ice that detonates, dealing cold damage and leaving a patch of ice on the ground that slows all enemies touching it.
Link to post
Share on other sites

For Spectral Scream and Effigy, i think both whould really benefit from a 100% status chance.

Also, Range should effect Spectral Scream without a modifier.

This whould allow Chroma to chause massive amouts of of crowd controll over a large area.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For Spectral Scream I think it should be turned into a bit of a charge and tap ability in addition to making it better stat-wise.

Like tapping it will have Chroma breath out the cone of energy as per usual, but charging it will turn Spectral Scream from a flamethrower-esque attack into a Radial CC attack that'll apply the currently equipped effect (based on energy color as per usual) on enemies around Chroma.

Link to post
Share on other sites

the armor reduction was fine before the nerfs tweaks he got. 28,000 armor gave 99% damage reduction 14,000 armor still gives 97% damage reduction. Now though the energy drain on top of losing a lot of your damage reduction makes for something no one will ever use. its just not worth it unless you mod exclusively for it.

 

spectral scream has always been crap. even being able to do everything else while using it now, its still something ill never use because it does barely anything as is. I think it needs replaced with the augment, then change the effect based on element.

  • Fire = launch a ball of lava that leaves a trail of DoT lava on the floor behind it
  • electric = bolt of electricity that shocks and stuns an enemy for a period of time. hitting a shielded enemy causes an AoE magnetic proc and damages enemies around the initial enemy
  • toxin = a ball of poison that explodes into a lingering gas cloud with a high proc chance on impact.
  • ice = a large chunk of ice that detonates, dealing cold damage and leaving a patch of ice on the ground that slows all enemies touching it.
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ---Quill-Onkko--- said:

the armor reduction was fine before the nerfs tweaks he got. 28,000 armor gave 99% damage reduction 14,000 armor still gives 97% damage reduction. Now though the energy drain on top of losing a lot of your damage reduction makes for something no one will ever use. its just not worth it unless you mod exclusively for it.

 

spectral scream has always been crap. even being able to do everything else while using it now, its still something ill never use because it does barely anything as is. I think it needs replaced with the augment, then change the effect based on element.

  • Fire = launch a ball of lava that leaves a trail of DoT lava on the floor behind it
  • electric = bolt of electricity that shocks and stuns an enemy for a period of time. hitting a shielded enemy causes an AoE magnetic proc and damages enemies around the initial enemy
  • toxin = a ball of poison that explodes into a lingering gas cloud with a high proc chance on impact.
  • ice = a large chunk of ice that detonates, dealing cold damage and leaving a patch of ice on the ground that slows all enemies touching it.

That is nice ^^ I like that spectral scream idea. Added to main post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

he'll get them when his prime is near, don't worry 

I hope so. And yeah I can't wait for Chroma Prime. If it will be better looking than Dynasty Chroma skin, or atleast the helmet will be awesome to put it on Dynasty Chroma skin : P

I'm hoping for Extra health and armor or Energy for prime version.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate the blatant bias in people posting about Chroma having a varying effect based on element and how the Ice effect is ALWAYS superior to every other option. Hm, cold damage in AOE + mass slow, or single enemy short stun + conditional magnetic damage AOE. Which would you pick in a horde shooter where cold works against all enemy types and magnetic damage is by far the worst damage type there is?

 

Can we at least attempt to balance the elemental effects?

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, (PS4)Talyx82 said:

I appreciate the blatant bias in people posting about Chroma having a varying effect based on element and how the Ice effect is ALWAYS superior to every other option. Hm, cold damage in AOE + mass slow, or single enemy short stun + conditional magnetic damage AOE. Which would you pick in a horde shooter where cold works against all enemy types and magnetic damage is by far the worst damage type there is?

 

Can we at least attempt to balance the elemental effects?

Because Ice can almost everything:  Slow down enemies, Freeze enemies, Crush frozen enemy armor, make frozen enemies easier to crush, Create armor of ice, create weapons from ice, due to creating stuff can create sharp elements that can deal damage and by that it could deal slash status as well too xD, or massive elements that could make impact damage like Hammer.

The most ridiculous idea I saw was that Ice can Freeze time. WTF?! xD This doesn't have any sense.

But yeah Ice chroma is the best at the moment. It would be nice to use other elements but right now I just want to have Spectral Scream and Effigy useful. Then Balance other elements.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Because Ice can almost everything:  Slow down enemies, Freeze enemies, Crush frozen enemy armor, make frozen enemies easier to crush, Create armor of ice, create weapons from ice, due to creating stuff can create sharp elements that can deal damage and by that it could deal slash status as well too xD, or massive elements that could make impact damage.

But yeah Ice chroma is the best at the moment. It would be nice to use other elements but right now I just want to have Spectral Scream and Effigy useful. Then Balance other elements.

Ice SHOULDN'T be able to do everything though. Ice is not as versatile or powerful as many other things in the universe. Frankly the crushing enemy armor thing doesn't even make sense in reality considering these people have already managed to get their armor to function in the depths of space. And ice is not nearly as strong as say...metal or stone, which is why no one uses armor made of ice. So no, I don't buy into that nonsense of ice being a viable defensive king. In addition, we already have Frost, so why not give the ice element some variety instead of repeating the same effects?

Yes 1 and 4 need to be useful, but let's suggest 1 overall change instead of 5 required changes (1 for 1 and 4 being useful then 1 for each element). The latter way we'd be talking about waiting another 15 years to get them implemented. It's not a priority of one over another. It absolutely needs to be done at the same time or it will just create more imbalance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, (PS4)Talyx82 said:

Ice SHOULDN'T be able to do everything though. Ice is not as versatile or powerful as many other things in the universe. Frankly the crushing enemy armor thing doesn't even make sense in reality considering these people have already managed to get their armor to function in the depths of space. And ice is not nearly as strong as say...metal or stone, which is why no one uses armor made of ice. So no, I don't buy into that nonsense of ice being a viable defensive king. In addition, we already have Frost, so why not give the ice element some variety instead of repeating the same effects?

Yes 1 and 4 need to be useful, but let's suggest 1 overall change instead of 5 required changes (1 for 1 and 4 being useful then 1 for each element). The latter way we'd be talking about waiting another 15 years to get them implemented. It's not a priority of one over another. It absolutely needs to be done at the same time or it will just create more imbalance. 

Ice can be made stronger, because it's made from energy/mana not an natural ICE

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Nope with fire you can almost burn everything but you can't protect.

So you couldn't melt bullets before they reach you, or melt enemy armor?

On that note, lightning reaches temperatures of 10x that of the surface of the sun without "magic" and thus should easily be able to protect through instantaneous evaporation of anything coming near you. And yes, similar principles would apply to energy attacks because extreme heat affects the transmission of EM radiation (read: energy). Why can't toxic be acidic and do the same thing at least vs physical damage? There's no logic in your argument.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, (PS4)Talyx82 said:

So you couldn't melt bullets before they reach you, or melt enemy armor?

On that note, lightning reaches temperatures of 10x that of the surface of the sun without "magic" and thus should easily be able to protect through instantaneous evaporation of anything coming near you. And yes, similar principles would apply to energy attacks because extreme heat affects the transmission of EM radiation (read: energy). Why can't toxic be acidic and do the same thing at least vs physical damage? There's no logic in your argument.

Well I don't think the fire could melt the bullets fast enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Well I don't think the fire could melt the bullets fast enough.

Why does fire not get the magic empowerment benefits that ice does? This is the bias I am talking about. Ice is not going to stop a future bullet, if it's not meters thick. Any element is viable for being tanky, and any element could be viable for offense if you want to go down that road. More importantly, each element should be balanced and of equal use, otherwise there is no point in the whole elemental options for Chroma.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, (PS4)Talyx82 said:

Why does fire not get the magic empowerment benefits that ice does? This is the bias I am talking about. Ice is not going to stop a future bullet, if it's not meters thick. Any element is viable for being tanky, and any element could be viable for offense if you want to go down that road. More importantly, each element should be balanced and of equal use, otherwise there is no point in the whole elemental options for Chroma.

Ice was always defensive/support, ice can deal some damage, but its just a weak/mid damage.
Fire was always DPS and it can buff stuff with fire on weapons or burning bullets to make more damage.

I know that Elements in game need to be balanced. But just told you what Ice can make. But all I care now is Spectral scream and Effigy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...