Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Fatigue Syndrome

(PSN)Chymick006

Hello,

so I don't know why but I think I've just hit a ceiling, I usually play an hour or two per day but lately I barely play 15 minutes, just to get the daily reward and that's about it. I'm calling it WFS (Warfreame Fatigue Syndrome for those too dim to read the title) and I just want to know if people do hit that point too or if there's a way out.

NOW BY NO MEANS AM I SAYING THIS GAME ISN'T FUN

It's just it feels a bit... repetitive, I haven't completed the game but I don't feel like completing the quests either. Rime is free and I've been enjoying this little break, thinking of returning to Dark Souls and go get my missing trophies and Nioh.

Am I alone? Has this happened to you? did you get out? are you still in that funk? I'm curious.

Cheers!

You’re probably going through a burnout. There was a time last year when I suffered from this, so to fix the problem I played through the entire Dead Space franchise on every difficulty (except impossible) until Warframe got fresh again. 

Give it a try. Play any game you can get your hands on. It’s a fun experience.

Edited by (XB1)OTF SERENiTY

il y a 10 minutes, (PS4)Chymick006 a dit :

Snip

Just curious, how long have you been playing this game? Both account age and playtime. 

For me it's mostly enjoying the gameplay and playing the lottery game on rivens now. Ah, and the occasional longer run when i have time (which is shamefully not very often lately). 

Happens to me sometimes. It can even happen with other games I play. Luckily, there’s one “cure” I know:

I call it “game-cycle”. Basically, you play other games until you get the [GameName] Fatigue Syndrome. When that happens, switch to another game. Could be Warframe or... anything: Minecraft, Endless Sky, REDCON, Pixel Gun 3D and Conclave DomiNations are some I play. Whenever the Cycle completes and it’s Warframe’s turn to be played, some sort of big update is already released.

I was banned from the game/forums/chat for something that i think is utterly trivial and dumb to be banned over. But it was enough to kill the desire i had to play at the time. I still check the forums and look at updates, however the last time i got on was just to put my pet in stasis.

I imagine ill play again when focus 3.0 comes out since their are still tweaking it. The raid removal and adding arcanes to eidolons almost got me to play again but i decided ill wait and see how bad they nerf the more powerful arcanes before i do

Yeah, I've hit that too. A couple times. Nearly quitting the first time you try to craft a frame (and realising how awful, annoying, tedious and lengthy the process is) or do every mission type or realise every single thing in the game is hidden behind microtransactions (plat) until you scour the wiki's, subreddits and region chat to find out how to get it without dishing out money (if even possible). I only come back after all those bumps because there's nothing else for me to play for now. Log in, do sortie, quit, repeat tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Autongnosis said:

Just curious, how long have you been playing this game? Both account age and playtime. 

For me it's mostly enjoying the gameplay and playing the lottery game on rivens now. Ah, and the occasional longer run when i have time (which is shamefully not very often lately). 

I've had the account for like 2 years, but I've only been playing the last 120 days, pretty consecutively, I've gotten to do a few sorties and they are fun, just recently I feel bored...

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

You’re probably going through a burnout. There was a time last year when I suffered from this, so to fix the problem I played through every single Dead Space game on every difficulty (except impossible) until Warframe got fresh again. 

Give it a try. Play any game you can get your hands on. It’s a fun experience.

Yeah I'm planning to finish my platinum trophy for Dark Souls, and maybe play some Dishonored, it's one of my favorite series.
I have not played Dead Space yet, watched Markiplier play it and it seemed fun/scary.

Me, sometimes I play for a few hours. Sometimes I log in for my daily reward, a mission, and then log out.

Find something else to do in the meantime.

Me, I've got World of Warships and Star Trek Online for difference change of paces. And I just picked up Subnautica, which is hella addictive. I'm playing it a lot right now because it's both fun and different. So go find something to spice up your gaming life. Warframe will be here when you come back from whatever fantasy realm or alien water world you return from.

What I usually do is take a break from Warframe until I feel it's pulling me back. 

What you could also do is something you really want to do in the game even if it is not productive to your progress. Sometimes I just go to lower level grineer planets to slaughter some grineer for when I'm bored.

Or.. well, go outside? After some fresh air, going out with friends or anything like that I have way more fun playing Warframe. 

Edited by VirtualPeanut

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Chymick006 said:

Am I alone? Has this happened to you? did you get out? are you still in that funk? I'm curious.

I've played for over 4 years and... yeah, sometimes fatigue has come to me.

There's nothing wrong with taking a break. I once took a break of 6 months (although it was partially due to the computer breaking in the middle of it), and it did me loads of good.

Playing other games is definitely a plus. I also tend to take strategic small breaks before a big update, so that I'm ready to tackle the new content with loads of enthusiasm ;)

42 minutes ago, (PS4)Chymick006 said:

.....It's just it feels a bit... repetitive, ...

No, This game is A LOT repetitive. It's easy to feel a burn out if you don't have a personal goal. Just take a break. If you really like the game, you'll come back. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

Yeah burnout sucks, happened to me a couple of times and a few clanmates & friends, I think its an issue with Warframe in general.

Definitely look at other games for a while or take a break, When you invest most of your time in this much of a farm heavy game its rather easy to burn out yourself.

Happens on every game eventually; play too much of anything and you are bound to burn out. The only difference is, some games this happens after 10 hours, some 50, some 500... and some you burn out on and never play again, whilst others suck you back in after a break.

Warframe is better than most. It has massive amounts of content - I'm 600 hours in and still haven't done everything - and the devs are constantly adding new stuff. I'm not sure what they could do to make it still feel novel and exciting beyond a certain point, but this is a problem common to all games, with no obvious solution. Veterans who have thousands of hours invested are right to want new and more challenging content to engage them again, of course, but as they have the most powerful setups they're also the ones best equipped to breeze through that content when it arrives, so burnout will inevitably set in again.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb (PS4)PS_90210:

I think I have it too

Me leveling on hydron

Unsichtbaren Inhalt anzeigen

Image result for skeleton gamer

No offense, but, this is exacly what is causing fatigue.

People nowadays are to heavily focused on the numbers at the end of the mission, the loot or achievments.

People arn't playing for the game anymore, but to get it 'finished'.

I'm playing Warframe since Update 7.something and i've rarely experienced fatigue.

I stopped caring for progression. Tody is simply love using Warframes awesome parkour system to slaughter grunts max pain style.

Think about it, when the first Max Pain game came out, people were completly in love with the bullettime mechanic. It was just fun to use, despite the game not having achievments and such stuff.

I should be going through this because I play the game nearly all day. Right now the search for Ayatan sculptures and playing with weapons that I used for mastery fodder in the beginning are what's keeping me playing. 

Yesterday I saw for the first time MR25 players, I'm like 17000 points away, was going to wait til the end of summer , but now I'm bitten by the bug.

Also, I can't decide what to do with my relics. I have, I'm guessing, at least 1200 relics. Should I burn through them or should I hold on to them? It would be cool to see how long it would take to open them all.

There's so much to do.

Put Primed Shred on your MK-1 Braton

Quills Standing

Un-vaulted relics farming

Accumulate plat in trade

Then there's nothing wrong with taking a break either. Play poker with friends so you can accumulate extra cash for Renown Collection or Inaros Prime Access (some day) Just kidding..

2 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

I should be going through this because I play the game nearly all day. Right now the search for Ayatan sculptures and playing with weapons that I used for mastery fodder in the beginning are what's keeping me playing. 

Yesterday I saw for the first time MR25 players, I'm like 17000 points away, was going to wait til the end of summer , but now I'm bitten by the bug.

Also, I can't decide what to do with my relics. I have, I'm guessing, at least 1200 relics. Should I burn through them or should I hold on to them? It would be cool to see how long it would take to open them all.

There's so much to do.

Put Primed Shred on your MK-1 Braton

Quills Standing

Un-vaulted relics farming

Accumulate plat in trade

Then there's nothing wrong with taking a break either. Play poker with friends so you can accumulate extra cash for Renown Collection or Inaros Prime Access (some day) Just kidding..

I'm really hoping for Inaros prime one of these days, Inaros is the ONLY non-prime I kept, no potato, no forma and I use him in sorties, I can't even phantom how OP the prime variant would be, I can't imagine how ridiculous he'd be with Forma and a potato

11 minutes ago, Ragnarok160 said:

Have u tried destiney 2? When i was burned out i played this game for 3 days and relized warframe is better so i went back to playing it.

I don't need to spend 100$ to know it's not good. there's enough destiny 2 player that migrated to Warframe to prove that. beside didn't even play the first one.