Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Convectrix Suggestion (Please Consider!)

(PSN)LoisGordils

So, the Convectrix along with other beam weapons received some much deserved love, thank you DE <3

Now, the Convectrix's damage wasn't really the issue honestly (jk, the damage sucked anyways). Rather, the wonky firing mechanics. I'm sure nobody used the extremely unwieldy and pointless alt-fire in the first place and the primary fire left much to be desired. So, here's my suggestion: 

- Primary Fire mode is now a focused beam with higher crit and crit damage variables that's mostly Puncture based.

- Alt-fire switches the weapon's firing mode (duh) and allows it to fire wide, slicing beams of energy (see Fluctus for reference). The alt-fire has reduced crit and crit damage, but higher base damage, status chance, punchthrough and is mostly Slashed based.

This will turn the Convectrix into an extremely versatile gun. Focused, high critical damage primary for heavy targets or widespread status procs for crowd-control secondary

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

Just now, Walkampf said:

Is the update live, yet?

Otherwise, how about you wait how it turns out, as DE asked you to....?

It's not live.

Genius, they didn't mention anything regarding the Convectrix's firing mechanics. They did buff it, undoubtedly. But changes to the way it functions were not mentioned. That's why I'm making the suggestion, kid.

15 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

Is the update live, yet?

Otherwise, how about you wait how it turns out, as DE asked you to....?

Whilst usually I have this sort of mentality myself (people have a tendency to overreact when it comes to balance stuff) as the OP said one of the biggest reasons no one ever touches the Convectrix is it's terrible and awkward modes of fire, neither of which have been touched by the DE in the upcoming update.

6 minutes ago, Sasquatch180 said:

Whilst usually I have this sort of mentality myself (people have a tendency to overreact when it comes to balance stuff) as the OP said one of the biggest reasons no one ever touches the Convectrix is it's terrible and awkward modes of fire, neither of which have been touched by the DE in the upcoming update.

Exactly, thank you

I'm not sure about a fluctus type shot - how about a fixed plane of energy, maybe 6-7 meters out? The embolist basically used to work this way, and while it wasn't good as the ONLY fire more, as a secondary fire mode it could be good.

In any case, yes, the firing mechanic is bad and spool-up makes it even worse.