Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New to Amp Construction? FEAR NO MORE

SovietNeko

Question

This should help new and old players alike

Name                          =          Nickname        Tier

Raplak Prism               =          Laser Beam     T1

Shwaak Prism              =          Plasmor Cannon T2        (20m range)

Granmu Prism             =          Triple Shot       T3

Pencha Scaffold          =          Railgun            T1        (40m range)

Shraksun Scaffold        =          Flak Gun          T2        (15m range)

Klebrik Scaffold           =          Homing Whip  T3

Clapkra Brace             =          Ammo             T1

Juttni Brace                 =          Recharge         T2

Lohrin Brace               =          Crit                  T3

Damage Dealer/ Support

Shawwk Prism (Plasmor Cannon)

Pencha Scaffold (Rail Gun)

Lohrin Brace (Crit)

Shield Dealer

Shawwk Prism (Plasmor Cannon)

Sharksun Scaffold (Flak Gun)

Lohrin Brace (Crit)

Amp combo:  (still under construction)

123  (pure crit build, lots of crit)

112  (long shooter)

223 (crowd control with crit)

212 (crowd control with high damage long shot)

232 (crowd control, bane of voms)

312 (long shooter)

332 (long shooter w/ vom controls)

322 (long shooter w/ crit as back up)

323  (crit build w/ long shooter as back up)

Combo to be used for Hunting Eidolon

Shield Dealer 223 or 323 (223 highly recommanded)

Support 212, 123, 113, 312, 322, 332    (212 highly recommanded)

Vom Cleanup 232, 132, 332, 212, 223, 232, 132 (232 highly recommanded)

Fodder Set up:   ( To help you get mastery rank while not wasting component and the amp will still be usefuly during hunts/ general game play)

Edited by SovietNeko
  • Like 20

I am Rank 2 with quils,  never tried to take down a terry,  havent built any amp parts yet.  I definately want an amp that will let me try but I also want a nice AoE amp to wipe out vorma easily, kuva gas clouds, and any other little void stuff that comes along.  What does a triple shot+flak gun look like???

Also i have no idea what those numbers at the bottom mean...   and what does 'support amp' mean?

Oh the numbers are what tiers you used for those effects for prism-scaffold-brace??  Should spell that out for noobs lol.

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN

23 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

I am Rank 2 with quils,  never tried to take down a terry,  havent built any amp parts yet.  I definately want an amp that will let me try but I also want a nice AoE amp to wipe out vorma easily, kuva gas clouds, and any other little void stuff that comes along.  What does a triple shot+flak gun look like???

Also i have no idea what those numbers at the bottom mean...   and what does 'support amp' mean?

Oh the numbers are what tiers you used for those effects for prism-scaffold-brace??  Should spell that out for noobs lol.

It is Prism-Scaffold-Brace indeed.

212 is generally a good one as the plasmor is great at shield and voms, the rail gun shot is for high damage and longer range, run it with recharge brace your rail gun will never run out of energy, because your energy will charge back up as you are charging your rail gun

212 Amp in action.  I like that the charge attack auto charges so you dont have to hold the stick in.   Im doing a crappy defense here but I have used this thing all over the place and it easily kills lv30 or less enemies lol.   I havent been back to PoE since making it to play with vorma or terrys.  

Dont expect vids for the other amps cuz it will be a loooong time before I can grind my up to lv3, buy the parts, and gather the materials needed.....(specially when im not even trying lol).   

My next goal is to gather up a bunch of noobs and attempt teralysts and or learn the process.

Ahh  that would also be helpful to point out....  Prism = primary fire,  Scaffold = Secondary/Alt fire.  

Grenade prism seems kinda crappy.  The vid I watched the guy didnt really use it versus weak enemies tho.

Ok seems like what I want is a 213.  Love that primary and secondary and would feel even more awesome with more crits.  The t2 scaffold of an extremely short range grenade launcher doesnt sound better than that charge beam..   The T1 scaff is what i use on Terry's the most. For a secondary amp im thinkinking 332.  Triple grenade and homing beam with good energy regen just to have something different.  The grenade modes dont seam that cool.  But a 232 isnt that different than 213/212 so why waste materials on it.    212 was my first.  I think im gonna just rebuild it to get better crits.

So stupid we cant take amps apart and reassemble.

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN

I strongly suggest either 2-2-3 or 3-2-3 for anybody that is on the fence about what to build. The alt fire from either of these amps is what you want to focus on using to take down Eidolon shields. The downfall to 2-2-3 being that you don't have much in the way of range. Downfall of the 3-2-3 is it is usable but not the best for clearing up Volomyst. The two new Eidolons move pretty quickly and can get out of the range of your amp if you are not careful to keep up with them.

Some of the things that some people newer to hunting Eidolons might not even yet realize when trying to pick what amps to build is that there are other factors that go into what amp works best for you. Namely arcanes and Focus school unlocks. 

Madurai has Void Strike that I strongly suggest you unlock as soon as possible and works best with the alt fire that the tier 2 scaffold offers. As for arcanes, Virtuous Fury sounds like it would never proc due to it proc'ing off of a status effect which Eidolons are immune to but, I promise you it proc's regularly with alt fire from ?-2-3.  I personally use 3-2-3 because I don't feel like building yet another amp, if I did I would build 2-2-3 and doubt I would ever look back. 

This is what my experience has thought me at least, your mileage may vary. 

Side Note: DO NOT shoot a Kuva cloud with the alt fire from ?-2-? it will bug out the mission.

Edited by (XB1)Thang Hung
To add a side note

On 2018-04-02 at 5:39 PM, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

I strongly suggest either 2-2-3 or 3-2-3 for anybody that is on the fence about what to build. The alt fire from either of these amps is what you want to focus on using to take down Eidolon shields

I have to say i don't really understand. I have a 2-2-? amp and I have the feeling the primary strike hits harder than the secondary, even if I'm going underneath the Eidolon

Is there something I didn't see ?

9 hours ago, Chewarette said:

I have to say i don't really understand. I have a 2-2-? amp and I have the feeling the primary strike hits harder than the secondary, even if I'm going underneath the Eidolon

Is there something I didn't see ?

The alt fire has better crit chance on a tier 2 scaffold when paired with a tier 3 brace. This is especially true when pairing with a Volt shield right underneath a Eidolon and hitting multiple limbs at the same time. Virtuos Fury (amp arcane from Quills) will add a fairly constant 30% damage and the ultimate in Eidolon shield striping of course is Madurai's Void Strike. All these things work in conjunction with one another and IMO is the most DPS possible on Eidolon shields.

Side note: If someone else in your party in using Unairu, they will Void Blast the Eidolon which spawns a wisp (hard to see the wisp a lot of the time). This wisp will give you 100% extra damage for operators. But as we all know we can't control what others are bringing to the party so this is a bit rare to come by in pub groups. 

The way my set team was doing it when we all played regularly was me as Oberon with Void Strike, Harrow with Void Strike, Trinty with Void Strike though her main duty is lures and Volomyst, Chroma with Unairu wisp. Oberon and Harrow rotate Void Strikes, Chroma breaks limbs, Trinity on lures. When done correctly you one to two shot shields and limbs. This is what makes 3x3 and 4x3 possible for set groups. Though I myself have never gotten 4x3. 

5 hours ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

The alt fire has better crit chance on a tier 2 scaffold when paired with a tier 3 brace. This is especially true when pairing with a Volt shield right underneath a Eidolon and hitting multiple limbs at the same time. Virtuos Fury (amp arcane from Quills) will add a fairly constant 30% damage and the ultimate in Eidolon shield striping of course is Madurai's Void Strike. All these things work in conjunction with one another and IMO is the most DPS possible on Eidolon shields.

Ok ok I see, thanks.

I will stick with my Shwaak though, I don't really enjoy playing under the Eidolon's legs, watching upward, not seeing anything else. 😛

On 2018-03-30 at 12:42 PM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Finally reached Tier 3.  Grabbed crit brace as my reward.   I really want to use the homing scaffold.   Just dont know whether to go laser, plasmor, grenades.    133 or 333?  Neither of those even get mentioned....

On 2018-04-02 at 2:57 PM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Ahh  that would also be helpful to point out....  Prism = primary fire,  Scaffold = Secondary/Alt fire.  

Grenade prism seems kinda crappy.  The vid I watched the guy didnt really use it versus weak enemies tho.

Ok seems like what I want is a 213.  Love that primary and secondary and would feel even more awesome with more crits.  The t2 scaffold of an extremely short range grenade launcher doesnt sound better than that charge beam..   The T1 scaff is what i use on Terry's the most. For a secondary amp im thinkinking 332.  Triple grenade and homing beam with good energy regen just to have something different.  The grenade modes dont seam that cool.  But a 232 isnt that different than 213/212 so why waste materials on it.    212 was my first.  I think im gonna just rebuild it to get better crits.

So stupid we cant take amps apart and reassemble.

I ran a 333 for quite a while before settling on 223.

all the threes is good vs starmap enemies, for example while leveling/Gilding it during Hydron purely as Operator I was constantly pulling 25-30% damage when going to wave 20.

It's biggest drawback is that it is ammo hungry and you have let it recharge a lot even with maxed out Amp recharge/power level nodes waybound.

Il y a 2 heures, Kray_Gnight a dit :

Lul, Tier 4 are out now

From what i see none of them changes Eidolon meta. The T4 scaffold is great for starchart, can headcrit for upwards of 70k, but it bounces off Volt shield and apparently Mesa's 2nd no longer applies to operator damage so it's pretty S#&$ for hunts. 

Consider Eidolon meta is more about multi hitting with one bullet than strqight damage. The reason 1 and 2 scaffold are DPSs of choice is that they can multihit. I prefer the 1 becauss if you aim it at the shot trap between the two heads you get 2 hits off the cylinder at 9k dmg and 1 hit on the body for 18k,which is quite a huge amount. It also gas the benefit of working well with Void Strike and having good range, which is crucial to me in the Gantu fight because i tend to be the lure guy and have to rush away to avoid dmg to lures each time he stomps. 

I have a 113 setup and I'm building a 323 setup for Eidolon hunts. THe first one I built for fun to get a feel for the system. But I had a feeling that the 323 setup would be a good choice, glad to know I was right. Thanks to that I'm no inclined to build a 232 and an all 4 setup just to see how fun they can be.

On 2018-08-18 at 5:08 AM, Autongnosis said:

The T4 scaffold is great for starchart, can headcrit for upwards of 70k, but it bounces off Volt shield

This was true when originally stated, but that bug has been fixed. Phahd will shoot through Volt shields now.

Shraksun Scaffold (T2) is still considered to be the best way to take down Eidolon shields, though, because the Phahd Scaffold (T4) is incapable of hitting the Eidolon multiple times per shot.

Likewise, the Lohrin Brace (T3) is still considered to be the best brace for Eidolon fights, because it does the best raw damage. The bug that made the Anspatha Brace (T4) identical to the Clapkra Brace (T1) got fixed, though, so it's an option you might consider for fighting Sentients or pew-pewing at regular enemies if you regularly run out of energy.

As for Prisms, people do seem to like the Rahn Prism (T4), though Prism choice in general doesn't really matter for Eidolons. Every one of them seems to have its fans.