Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New to Amp Construction? FEAR NO MORE

SovietNeko

Question

This should help new and old players alike

Name                          =          Nickname        Tier

Raplak Prism               =          Laser Beam     T1

Shwaak Prism              =          Plasmor Cannon T2        (20m range)

Granmu Prism             =          Triple Shot       T3

Pencha Scaffold          =          Railgun            T1        (40m range)

Shraksun Scaffold        =          Flak Gun          T2        (15m range)

Klebrik Scaffold           =          Homing Whip  T3

Clapkra Brace             =          Ammo             T1

Juttni Brace                 =          Recharge         T2

Lohrin Brace               =          Crit                  T3

Damage Dealer/ Support

Shawwk Prism (Plasmor Cannon)

Pencha Scaffold (Rail Gun)

Lohrin Brace (Crit)

Shield Dealer

Shawwk Prism (Plasmor Cannon)

Sharksun Scaffold (Flak Gun)

Lohrin Brace (Crit)

Amp combo:  (still under construction)

123  (pure crit build, lots of crit)

112  (long shooter)

223 (crowd control with crit)

212 (crowd control with high damage long shot)

232 (crowd control, bane of voms)

312 (long shooter)

332 (long shooter w/ vom controls)

322 (long shooter w/ crit as back up)

323  (crit build w/ long shooter as back up)

Combo to be used for Hunting Eidolon

Shield Dealer 223 or 323 (223 highly recommanded)

Support 212, 123, 113, 312, 322, 332    (212 highly recommanded)

Vom Cleanup 232, 132, 332, 212, 223, 232, 132 (232 highly recommanded)

Fodder Set up:   ( To help you get mastery rank while not wasting component and the amp will still be usefuly during hunts/ general game play)

Edited by SovietNeko
  • Like 20

I'd like to say that your Eidolon recs are kinda... needlessly wordy and bad. There's really only three builds to consider:

-23 (Any , Shraksun, Lohrin) is the meta-standard due to its good crit (combos with Volt shields), high damage per shot (for Void Strike), collision ignore (for lure herding), and aoe (for vombat clearing).

-22 or -24 (Any, Shraksun, Juttni or Anspatha) is the "pug special" variant, that trades volt shield and void strike heightened specialization for better long-cycle DPS.

-1- (Any, Pencha, Any) is the Trinity Exclusive variant, that trades out all the crit for a better minimum, yet is still hardcore void-strike-oneshots-on-Harry viable on the Trinity due to available charge time.

Prism doesn't matter against Eidolons. You're only going to use it against Vombats anyways, and since 9/10 you should be using a Shraksun, you have better vombat clearing on your scaffold than any of the prisms.

As such, I personally thus suggest a Rahn or Raplak prism, as those are by far the best choice for kuva farming due to having 100m range hitscan with reasonable accuracy.

And there is no "support" or any other roles for eidolon amps. Everyone is shield DPS. Even the person stacking VS is shield DPS, they're just delaying said DPS till a later fight.

EDIT FROM THE FUTURE:
For the meta-standard amp (-23), replace Lohrin (--3) with a Certus brace from Vox Solaris. Has slightly better crit, but loses the status. Since the status effect does literally nothing for you, the added crit stability is welcome.

Edited by Eirshy

TBH non-meta fast firing amp is pretty great,it does have highest shoot uptime where other amps run dry quickly especially if you use alternate fire

and it is just perfect vormvalist killer too

I'd go 4-current meta alternate-and crit+status thing

From my experience people play this so well even in pub that you will get frustrated because before you even shoot once ,shield is already removed and part 1 shot.
But no one i met was good at killing the small robo balls,so that is what i mostly do. 

But i have all combinations,just to be safe in case of buffs or nerfs(also mastery ofcourse)

Hello... new player... Did the Sacrifice and had a bad time...

After a week's worth of Grinding I'm almost done building a 2-2-2 Amp... and thats it... no lanka, no arcanes no anything. Just Harrow and my Kavat. So I guess what I'm asking is should I try another hunt or keep Grinding for better weapons and mods ?

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Hello... new player... Did the Sacrifice and had a bad time...

After a week's worth of Grinding I'm almost done building a 2-2-2 Amp... and thats it... no lanka, no arcanes no anything. Just Harrow and my Kavat. So I guess what I'm asking is should I try another hunt or keep Grinding for better weapons and mods ?

Don't build 222, go for 223 and build a x27 later when you get your hands on Fortuna Amp parts. For Weapon, build Rubico Prime, easy to mod and works great even without riven.

On 2019-01-18 at 9:06 PM, 541K4T said:

Don't build 222, go for 223 and build a x27 later when you get your hands on Fortuna Amp parts. For Weapon, build Rubico Prime, easy to mod and works great even without riven.

Uhm... I said I was a new player... I don't have access to any Rivens and Tier 3 Parts... Tier 2 is the best I can do... and Primes are Beyond my Reach... I managed to get a Lanka and a Blue Potato... and a Gold Potato for my Harrow... 

All the guides are under the assumption that you've reached max rank with The Quills in order to have access to those parts... but anyone who has access to any Tier 3 parts doesn't need a guide... its likely they already have a alot of experience killing Eidolons to get enough Cores to reach Max Rank with The Quills in the first place... 

So... for a new player who Is only an Observer... which Amp can I build that would stop experienced hunters from yelling at me ?

Or how does someone with no access to those parts break into Hunting ?

Edit: 

Also haven't started with Fortuna and Solaris United... had a bad time every time I went there. Also BTW I went with Zenerik so all I have is a level 3 Energising Dash... no void strike or anything.

And more thing... after Blasting off all 4 Joints off a Terralyst... I don't understand anything that happens After That... it constantly emits a blinding Light and for whatever reason its also constantly emitting damage so being any where near enough to shoot it with My Amp always results in my Operator Dying... Followed by my frame dying because of the static.... so... What's even going on here ? I can't see anything.

Edited by Lutesque

T4 Prism is like a full auto machine gun.   Its pretty cool but its super acurate and can be a pain to use on moving targets and what not,  Shwack still kicks ass!!!  2-3k damage??

T4 Scaffold is a disk/energy disk that has like 5-9 bounces?? and each time it bounces it will auto-home in on nearbye targets (but not necessarily 100%, stuff in air seems to evade it pretty easy,  ie vormalsts.)   6k damage??

I dont fight tridolons but for other uses I love 213, 233, and 443.   Although if I could redo it I would just take 243 lol.  T4 prism is cool tho and I dont mind using it.  Good energy use counter point to the T4 scaffold.  

11 hours ago, Lutesque said:

stuff...

If you dont wanna leech off others until you get to tier 3 then do 212.  But Tier 3 is not that far away..  

After a joint is taken out just hide in the void until you see color bars on the eidolon(otherwise he is invuln).  If you have taken out all 4 joints yeah he collapses to the ground and vormalyst rush to revive him.   He does send out energy waves now and then but its probably the vormalysts that are killing you.  Just stay moving and try to kill vormalysts.   I find it quite impossible though.   Once he stands back up though you need to pick all those vorma off asap because they regen his shield.   After his HP bar turns yellow/red go nuts with your weapon(not amp).  

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN

6 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

If you dont wanna leech off others until you get to tier 3 then do 212.  But Tier 3 is not that far away..  

After a joint is taken out just hide in the void until you see color bars on the eidolon(otherwise he is invuln).  If you have taken out all 4 joints yeah he collapses to the ground and vormalyst rush to revive him.   He does send out energy waves now and then but its probably the vormalysts that are killing you.  Just stay moving and try to kill vormalysts.   I find it quite impossible though.   Once he stands back up though you need to pick all those vorma off asap because they regen his shield.   After his HP bar turns yellow/red go nuts with your weapon(not amp).  

Thanks... I actually did just that... but I was using a 2-2-2 because I didn't wait for a Reply... managed to complete 2 Hunts today with players on my level so atleast now I know where I stand with The terralyst. I only need one more shard to earn the title of Adherent... 

Lanka's pretty good... but It needs Red Or Orange Crits to be effective... Yellow Crits just don't cut it... I've been working on my Timing with Harrow's Covenant.... lol so many things need to line up just right get any benefit out of it....but I can make it work so long as I stick with the same hunters. But just in case that fails I already have Volt cooking in the foundry with a Shiny Gold Potato reserved just for him. I'm assuming Narrow Minded and Intensity are key for The Shields to work ? Assuming I finally learn how to stop the terralyst from moving.

So in older videos I saw there were some Focus Passive Upgrades that you could put on your operator (I don't mean arcanes) for more health and armor... ? Are they gone now ? Or did they just hide them ?

Also... can someone explain to me just exactly what it is the Lures actually do... I always grab 4 and I ways charge one but that's because thats what I was told to do... so when Onkko is like "That device is insufficient. You must procure more Eidolon Lures." Im like "Whaaa ?" And its really annoying because whoever is on Lure duty always has their line of site blocked off by these lures... which makes it hard for Volt to Synergise with the rest of the team. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

T4 Prism is like a full auto machine gun.   Its pretty cool but its super acurate and can be a pain to use on moving targets and what not,  Shwack still kicks ass!!!  2-3k damage??

T4 Scaffold is a disk/energy disk that has like 5-9 bounces?? and each time it bounces it will auto-home in on nearbye targets (but not necessarily 100%, stuff in air seems to evade it pretty easy,  ie vormalsts.)   6k damage??

I dont fight tridolons but for other uses I love 213, 233, and 443.   Although if I could redo it I would just take 243 lol.  T4 prism is cool tho and I dont mind using it.  Good energy use counter point to the T4 scaffold.  

Theres a Fourth Tier Now... 😞 I just want to increase my dedicated Focus School without having to worry about all this stuff. Like... Warframe has so many multilayered Grinds inside Of Grinds where im so busy farming to get a thing to make it easier to farm another thing and then I lose track of what it was I really wanted in the first place.

My Group killed 3 Terralysts in one run... can't say for sureif we were carried or not but I do know my lanka made nice dent once the Crits lined my way.... 

Speaking of which. Finally got my Adarza Kavat with Cat's Eye... the Crit buffs never come at a convenient time and my kitty keeps getting killed... Baby sitting her really slows dow the group.

For the next hunt we're going for the Holy Trinity !!! 

I'm not anticipating any success after the Terralyst since I know nothing about the Hydrolyst and Gauntalyst.... but I'm not gonna earn anything by not trying.

And that brings me to my next Amp I wana build.... Propa Scaffold and Certus Brace...

Thats a 2-4-4 right ?  9000 Void damage with a 30% Crit Chance... is this a practical build ?

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

And that brings me to my next Amp I wana build.... Propa Scaffold and Certus Brace...

Thats a 2-4-4 right ?  9000 Void damage with a 30% Crit Chance... is this a practical build ?

I really didn't like Propa Scaffold when I tried it against Eidolons.

It only gets 3 shots before running out of energy with maxed Inner Gaze waybound and the potential shield damage (522~1926 with Virtuos Fury) is not much different than Shraksun Scaffold (710~1959 with Virtuos Fury) in my testing which gets 14 shots before running out of energy.

Also Propa does self damage, without the proper EHP increasing waybounds and arcanes I heard Operators often kill themselves with it.

• Like 1

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎20 at 8:39 PM, Lutesque said:

So in older videos I saw there were some Focus Passive Upgrades that you could put on your operator (I don't mean arcanes) for more health and armor... ? Are they gone now ? Or did they just hide them ?

The different operator schools give different benefits. The Unairu school gives armor, for example. Each school has two abilities that can become permanent if you pour enough focus (and sacrifice a shard) into them. That's probably what they're talking about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ailyene said:

I really didn't like Propa Scaffold when I tried it against Eidolons.

It only gets 3 shots before running out of energy with maxed Inner Gaze waybound and the potential shield damage (522~1926 with Virtuos Fury) is not much different than Shraksun Scaffold (710~1959 with Virtuos Fury) in my testing which gets 14 shots before running out of energy.

Also Propa does self damage, without the proper EHP increasing waybounds and arcanes I heard Operators often kill themselves with it.

But I can still go for the Certus Brace... That would make 2-2-4 the best one right ?

Also doesn't Propa Scaffold Crit alil harder the than the Shraksun ? Or does all the Crit come from The Brace ?

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

But I can still go for the Certus Brace... That would make 2-2-4 the best one right ?

Also doesn't Propa Scaffold Crit alil harder the than the Shraksun ? Or does all the Crit come from The Brace ?

Yeah, the Certus Brace is the best brace in my opinion.

And yep, the Propa has 10% more base critical than the Shraksun so its a bit more likely to crit (same crit damage muliplier though).  But its not really worth it in my opinion unless you know what you are doing with very specific team setups since you are only getting 3 shots out of it at best, so if the Eidolon shield doesn't go down from those 3 shots its a huge DPS loss.

You are onto something with the Brace as well, the brace adds to base crit so it works evenly with all Amps.  It makes even the Shwaak a workable crit Amp despite its 10% base crit and 1.6x crit multiplier.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ailyene said:

Yeah, the Certus Brace is the best brace in my opinion.

And yep, the Propa has 10% more base critical than the Shraksun so its a bit more likely to crit (same crit damage muliplier though).  But its not really worth it in my opinion unless you know what you are doing with very specific team setups since you are only getting 3 shots out of it at best, so if the Eidolon shield doesn't go down from those 3 shots its a huge DPS loss.

You are onto something with the Brace as well, the brace adds to base crit so it works evenly with all Amps.  It makes even the Shwaak a workable crit Amp despite its 10% base crit and 1.6x crit multiplier.

Nice... :) 

okay so now that I better understand how to deal with the larger threat... what would you recommend for Dealing with Vomvalyst Swarms.... like if I wanted to craft an Amp exclusively for dealing with those tiny Bastards. 

OP says 232 is the best one but now that there's tier 4 Parts... is there any specific combination that will maximize Scatter ? 

Also I'm adding the 5th and maybe Final Polarity to my Lanka I want both Hell Fire and Wild Fire On it to increase my Radiation Damage.

Then I think I should start working on either the Arca Plasmor or Opticor... you know... for Fortuna. I don't have anything that can help me with Level 60 Corpus Bounties.

Geez so many questions and since last time...

Each school has 2 wayound node.  If you MAX them out and Unbind them you can then equip them on your other schools(but you also have to pay their ability point cost in those schools).  So like you pay 1.5+ million focus in one school to unlock a wayound.  Then you goto another school and have to pay 7-16 ability points to equip it.   

Madura/Zenurik are the ones I went after first for operator/amp energy and regen rate.  Naramon which is my main for affinity spike has operator movement speed, and void dash speed??.  The other two have armor and HP and who knows.      But it takes ALOT to actually be able to use them on other schools so choose wisely.  Otherwise only your primary school nodes are giving you advantages.   

------------------

Any amp thats not using crit brace is garbage in my opinion.  I guess if something has low crits to begin with you could go for energy+ so you could just fire more rounds non stop.   Amp energy/regen should be one of the first waybounds you try to go after and unlock...  

----------------------

A pure vormalyst killing amp is hands down 233.   Shwack + Homing laser + crits.  You dont even have to see the vorma to kill them with the homing laser lol,  just be in the general area.   My only complaint with the laser is when the eidolon is being revived your laser locks onto him instead of all the vormalysts healing him.   And then after he stands he is still the main focus of laser until he drops his invuln.  After he becomes vulnerable though the laser will do its job and instantly pick off vorma.     Vs starchart enemies its a little weak but the laser can go through walls lol.   But between primary and secondary vorma stand absolutely zero chance.   

----------

Oh lure.....  Each lure only attaches to 2 joints.  Terry only having 4 joints means you need 2 lures.  Lures have to be fed Vormalysts to get charged up so they can grab hold of joints.  This is why I bring a melee weapon.  I will crush a lure, and then look for nearby vorma's and MELEE them so they turn into energy form.  Then your lure will suck them up(whe a lure is fully charged it goes from yellow to BLUE icon).  Now during a terry fight there are tons of vorma so you dont have to charge your lures BEFORE the fight(although it helps but whatever)  But if you are in the fight and your lures are not charged then you need to focus on finding the vorma and melee'ing them and hoping like hell someone doesnt kill them with amps.   Onnko saying your device is not adequate means you dont have enough charged lures to hold the terralyst in place and you better get them charged up asap.  

The bigger eidolons have more joints so require more lures and dish out more damage so you need spares to lol.    Maybe you have lures but eidolon still flee.   Well that means your stupid lure carrier goes running everytime you take out a joint to escape the explosion...and takes the lures with him.... instead of just hopping into operator mode and hiding in void rift keeping the lures near eido.   

If you dont have every joint on lockdown at the end of a fight you kill the eidolon instead of capturing it.   Crappier rewards.

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN
  • Like 1

Thats amazing !!! 

LoL... also I thought that Hitting a Vom with my amp near a lure would always charge the lure but really it kills it ? That explains why even after killing a bunch of Voms 2 of my lures were still yellow. Okay... cool.... I got Redeemer Prime for my Melee weapon... normally I use it to Capture Lures in one shot.... I guess I can use it to charge lures too... it wont be easy though. Delayed Trigger makes it hard to aim especially during laggy connections. This is why I never liked the Drakgoon Shotgun... tiny delay makes it miss sometimes.

Thank You so much for the Help.

The reason I had so many questions is because every guide I've watched and read operates under the assumption that you already know certain things. Or already have the right gear.

My Fellow hunter just got his 2-2-2 amp and we took down 2 Terralysts just the two of us... Rhino and Harrow plus 2 Kavats and ALOT of Energy Pads... I think when we get together again tomorrow night we will try capturing it. 

And then 2 Days from now we'l see how Itzal and Volt affect The Hunt... in the mean time... gotta keep looking for those Toroids.... I need to start Polarizing either my Arca Plasmor or my Amprex because Rakta Cernos is doing me no Favours against level 40 Corpus Enemies. 

Also Baro is coming in 2 Days... I got 300 Ducats... I hope he brings something better than Primed Charged Shell 

LoL... Finally started crafting an Eidolon Lense... and its a Vazarin one... I figured why not because it was a gift. Still need 3 Madurai Lenses before I can make one for that school too. 

Speaking of which... where is the best place to install a lense ? According to the Wiki...affinity isn't distributed evenly among all your equipment so... Primary Weapon ? Frame ? Both ? Does installing more lenses increase Focus Gain ? I know I'l definitely be Installing a Lense on Octavia since she's the most Flexible of all my Frames which means I'l have it on me in more missions and then maybe another on My Sybaris since thats the weapon I'm most likely to have on me but Ignis and Ampris arent bad either.... I just need Blue Potatoes for them then Im good...  I'm not sure about all the others though. It seems like it would be waste to put it on Ivara or my Lanka because I only use those in Specific mission types.

Finally got Volt and Itzal... good lord Volt is Super Squishy... everything kills him.. that being said his Damage is alot more consistent then Harrow. I mean Harrow has the potential for higher damage but too many dependancies make him inconsistent. Volt on the other hand only needs Energy and he's good to go... the damage remains consinsent and its easier to cordinate with team mates.... did I tell you I got yelled at last night for miss timing Harrow's Covenant ? LoL. 

And just for kicks I placed a shield near a wall and fired my Amp through it... I killed myself in one Shot so I guess this means The Damage went WAAAAY Up :) its so good I use it to help with Volts Survivability in regular missions too.... Put down a shied and then let my Operator do the fighting... its WAAAAAAY safer. 

and that brings us to Itzal.... so Itzal's Black Hole... doesn't work. It works just fine in Archwing missions but when I take it to the Plains it doesn't scoop up anything... I'l keep using it for The Speed and Invisibility but thats just about where it's usefulness ends. 

I managed to grind enough Madurai and Unairu Lenses so I'l be make Eidolon Lenses out of those soon.... I was hoping to save my Forma for Volt but I really need Void Strike.

This week I got plenty of Potatoes though... I got one Blue Potato from an Alert. One Blue Potato from my 50th log in reward. One Blue Potato from an Invasion and one Gold Potato from another Invasion. Pretty good week :) 

Edited by Lutesque