Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing Warframe (on PS4) with mouse and keyboard?

(PSN)Carnatus

Question

10 answers to this question

Well, i know for xbox you need an adapter of sorts, but on xbox the thing you can do with a keyboard (without the adapter) is to be a simple keypad, and it doesn't let you use it in game. 

PS4 article about using mouse and keyboard:

EDIT:

The adapter i mentioned:

Edited by (XB1)Primal Hollow
adapter link

25 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Primal Hollow said:

Well, i know for xbox you need an adapter of sorts, but on xbox the thing you can do with a keyboard (without the adapter) is to be a simple keypad, and it doesn't let you use it in game. 

PS4 article about using mouse and keyboard:

EDIT:

The adapter i mentioned:

Yeah, just the PS4, in particular the pro.

I know how to use the mouse and keyboard with the PS4, just not how to play Warframe with it.

I take it Warframe is one of the games that doesn't support it? If so, that's pretty lame considering it was originally a PC only game...

32 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Primal Hollow said:

It's so people don't get an advantage in PvP.

Well considering Warframe is primarily PVE, and also considering that a mouse and keyboard are pretty standard equipment, that shouldn't be an issue.

36 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Primal Hollow said:

I'd imagine a ton of multiplayer games don't support mouse and keyboard on console mostly because that's just extra work for them.

Isn't the opposite true?

Like I said, Warframe was originally only on the PC. They had to change a lot of stuff (aka do "extra work") to have it work with controllers, not the other way around.

PC players can use either, so why not?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

PC players can use either, so why not?

Ironically, it's because it's more work to do so.  The APIs to support input from keyboard and mouse isn't inherent and universal in the platform like it is on the PC.  It's a little more accessible on Xbox in principle, but still more work to accept input from it and allow the game to function with it.  The client functionality to handle that input and make it work in game, plus the UI for customisation of that, is also likely stripped out for efficiency too...and might actually then require more work to make customisation controller friendly in order to pass certification requirements!

Edited by (PS4)Voidkraken
Fixed a typo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, (PSN)LeviX_YT said:

Let us use the Keyboard and Mosue into the fullest controlls like the Pc because its hard to change into controllers to just Hack,Scroll down the Wheel button and more

This is Players helping Players... and we can't help with this (and this thread is 3 years old). Maybe make a post in Feedback.

36 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Actually tho...

even if WF doesn't support KB+Mouse on console

you can use a XIM device to remap a KB+Mouse into emulated Controller Inputs.... Warframe would be blind to the hardware and just think its another controller.

Try to connect m+KB. You might be surprised it actually works (or used to about 2 years ago) No way to rebind keys though.