Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Hotfix 22.13.3

[DE]Megan

Damn those Kavat nerfs....

This kind a killed my mood to try perfecting anything anymore. You see, 4 hydras a night was nice challenge to thrive for, sometime you succeed, sometimes you don't. Now making pets unviable to in Eidolon hunt, its not big deal, but true deal is in the pattern. You see, I am getting discouraged to continue, since when I / we find something new to work and thrive for, in my mind its punishment. I feel bad for finding a way to do stuff effectively, that is terrible terrible terrible way to treat endgame. Its a same way of treating some new medical development where they find cure to cancer, but because its too effective, it needs to be dummed down in order to fit the model that where money is made. Bad practice is bad, and should not be continued like this.

Remember the times where devs, would congratulate those whom found most effective way to do stuff, these days seem to be getting rarer and rarer. Even you DE, even you managed now to dissapoint me.

Its not about the damn nerfs to kavat, its about the message you are sending, which is... "If you find effective way to do stuff, we will make sure you will not be doing it anymore really soon" - This really much kills endgame of Warframe. Please tell me what to thrive for if not to find ways to do stuff effectively... please elaborate, you might say to me. Finding new ways to do stuff effectively is trying NEW things. Trying something which has not been tried before, buying something that nobody wants to buy, find a way if this and that works... If you say nay to all of that, then what is the endgame then.

1 minute ago, RottedApples said:

not to mention the status chance changes.

i think something people are slightly overlooking on the gammacor as well.

Unlike the other beam weapons, the Synoid Gammacor actually did get a very sizeable DPS nerf. And the status changes benefit it far less than other beam weapons because magnetic is such a useless status.

95% of beam weapons got better, with some like the Amprex and potentially the Synapse suddenly becoming amazing, but the Synoid Gammacor actually got worse with the patch, and the Panthera's alt fire just going straight down the toilet.

Most of the beam weapons seemingly got nerfs... the amprex went from 50% crit to 3*%? same with the synapse, cycron damage type completely changed? also the problem with this is most of peoples expensive rivens get ruined in the process, lmao

1 minute ago, Darkv2k said:

Most of the beam weapons seemingly got nerfs... the amprex went from 50% crit to 3*%? same with the synapse, cycron damage type completely changed? also the problem with this is most of peoples expensive rivens get ruined in the process, lmao

The Amprex was enormously buffed. It's a monster now, competitive with the best guns in the game - so long as you can stand the range.

LITERALLY less then 12 hours after getting my kavat. i spent 300p on the colors and costume , forma-ed and potato-ed my kavat , less then 12 hours later...FOOKING LESS THEN 12 HOURS LATER , u guys shove this in my face , OUR face. can anyone from DE actually give ANY kind of reasoning for the decision to nerf the synergy between kavat and operator? stop bloody nerf-ing things that nobody is asking for. who in the world even whispered that it is something unacceptable at all? u guys are pushing us to the plains and u practically killed something that for the most part we would only bring to the plains. what the hell are u guys trying to do? did u guys even think it through? yes i am quite salty for that 300p that i've spent but more importantly , why the hell are there so many damn nerfs for no actual reasonable reason? do u guys really hate effiency that much? the min we start to do something faster then u guys expect , u gotta nerf it straight away? the entire game is a grind feast and naturally we as the player will find the quickest and most efficient way to do it. do u guys realise the contradiction of ur decisions? first ember , because some new player made some noise and whine that they can't play because they are literally too blind to see the option "solo mode" , so u guys chose to revolve ur so-called "balance" around low level planets and practically killed ember , and very premium access that u guys are trying to sell. and now the kavats because....I don't even know why for god sake! don't get me wrong , i'm not lashing out because i love my kavat and they made them useless blah blah blah. what i'm trying to say is , WE are your players , WE are essentially what pays ur salaries , so PLEASE for the love of god , LISTEN to us and hear us out. your players know what they want , don't go nerf-ing stuff or "rework" stuff that are uncalled for. if u're gonna do that u might as well just nerf every single weapon every single mod every single frame and make it so that it'll take us an hour just to get clear 20 waves in hydron , since u guys dislike effiency so much or ur most repeated phrase - "not working as intended"

PS : look into the damn riven system if u really want us to have different "variation" when it comes to our gameplay and equipment selection

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Changes:

•  
  • Adarza Kavat’s Cat’s Eye Critical Chance Buff no longer apply to Operators.
  • Smeeta Kavat’s Charm Critical Chance and Energy recharge Buffs no longer apply to Operators.

What is it with the constant need to nerf stuff that doesn't even get a lot of use as it is.... yes they help speed up killing the eidolon but it's not like always give us a buff, there's limitations in how often the buff's trigger etc. 

We already have very little reason to use the kavats on the day to day maps, especially when you consider the annoying process (and/or cost) of activating them compared with just using a sentinel, and now you go and nerf them in one of the few areas where it's actually better to take a kavat over a sentinel....

It really does seem like this from my perspective at the moment.... The players find a niche use for something in game that doesn't get much use then DE comes along and stops it being used in that way, just because it actually might make things just a tiny, and I mean tiny, bit easier.... if you don't want us to use something, which is'nt even game breaking, why bother putting it in the game....

6 minutes ago, Khift said:

Unlike the other beam weapons, the Synoid Gammacor actually did get a very sizeable DPS nerf. And the status changes benefit it far less than other beam weapons because magnetic is such a useless status.

95% of beam weapons got better, with some like the Amprex and potentially the Synapse suddenly becoming amazing, but the Synoid Gammacor actually got worse with the patch, and the Panthera's alt fire just going straight down the toilet.

It didn't, though. Synoid Gammacor got an overall buff because of the huge buff to its ammo economy. I do agree that Panthera's alt fire is practically wasting ammo at this point.

maybe just make operators take all buffs but reduce effectiveness by 80% or sth. if the only thing you have is your operator and your amp they dont interact with anything in the game why push the operator so much? so we can stand there and shoot the teralyst with an amp and no synergies at all for 2 minutes? is that the new endgame of warframe? i mean if volt shield adarza and all other synergies werent intended. why wait 4 months till everyone puts forma endo credits in kavat and builds their amp around all that and THEN destroy it? if you want to make teralysts harder maybe you should try to actually make them harder. dont take away the few tools we have to make this operator BS SOMEWHAT fun. i mean 3 hydros is still ez. but it will be slightly more boring now. so this change doesnt even help you to reach your goals what i think is "we dont want our eidolons getting 1 shot". 4 people with void strike will still obliterate the shields of any eidolon within seconds. and the limbs can be 1 shot ez by anyone with volt shield. dont even need chroma. never did. and if you nerf void strike volt shield unairu whisp lanka rubico all amps all weapons all mods everything. just nerf everything and people will still find a way to 1 shot your eidolons. 

1 hour ago, CaptainZgred said:

Alright. Beam weapons needed a rework but Atterax apparently did not.

Nerf the Atterax to the ground for all I care, Just dont touch the mod Maiming Strike. It goes amazing in so many melee weapons. Red crits everywhere 

So still no reason to use my phage (with 200% dmg, %300 ms riven)... the added status is nice but the ammo economy is down the toilet. Dealing with the beam convergence after every reload is too annoying.Even with the riven this weapon is simply outclassed by newer gear.

You know. I think DE just doesn't want me to use pets.
I mean... they don't suck any items, they can't revive you, they don't provide any useful utility with one exception and are extremely weak when using a paper frame.
The only pet I use is Smeeta for Kuva and now I fear that will also get nerfed for some unknown reason.

So DE I'd like to ask you a big favour: When you are done with beam weapon tweaks, get to reworking pets asap. Show that you want us to use them.

1 minute ago, Lord_Datastorm said:

the Amprex went from 125% crit chance with just point strike to 80% with that mod, how do you get its a monster?

Its base damage quadrupled.

Its ammo economy tripled.

It's capable of putting out 11 corrosive procs per second with a reasonable build (Malignant Force + Jolt + Split Chamber).

It can kill level 155 bombards in seconds.

Yes it crits less. No, it doesn't matter. The weapon's power has gone through the roof.

Thanks for that nerf on cats ,i really needed to kill my cat one day because of credits.
I'll let it die of starvation but before that i'll rename it "Fun".
I hope you'll nerf Smeeta's chance to grab some kuva because ehhh, animals in space?
I wonder why some people don't play with flying ballsack prime, it's like they can't understand what DE is saying to them...
The message is clear guys "Play with Carrier only you filthy PETA-freaks!".
Also great job at making amprex as mediocre as the rest of the beams, been bouncing on my boys balls for hours to this!
Murkray/10

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Tweaked Kavat wall attack behaviours to prevent ‘supercat’. 
  • Adarza Kavat’s Cat’s Eye Critical Chance Buff no longer apply to Operators.
  • Smeeta Kavat’s Charm Critical Chance and Energy recharge Buffs no longer apply to Operators.

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Picking up a Syndicate Medallion, Exceptional Sentient Core, or Flawless Sentient Core will now display the same special UI message like when you pick up an Argon Crystal.

but the syndicate mission message saying how many medallions is left is gone now... pls put that back its very useful

il y a une heure, [DE]Megan a dit :

• Made the additional projectiles of Talons and Castanas from Multishot spread in a more uniform/predictable pattern.

Great change, but the spread angle is still too wide, and  please, let us have more (like +3 more) projectiles placed.

Archived