Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beam Weapon Changes and Artax

Voltage

Given that beam weapon changes released today (on PC), shouldn't Artax get its Riven Mod introduced again? It was removed due to "negligable damage" but that is like saying a CC Rhino doesn't kill 100 enemies. The point of the weapon is to force cold procs and build a unique weapon, but it was made into "The Primed Chamber of Riven Mods" which is very annoying and the reasoning was poor to say the least.

Hm. Part of the issue was that the weapon was even deliberately made to have horrific chances/rates of status procs. But that gimping partially relied on how bad status/second was. Did they even think to include the artax in their patch notes about changes...? What is its status chance now?

47 minutes ago, Ker-Blammo said:

I think reasoning was just that it was a beginner weapon and not really meant for anything but low level content. 

End Game is low level content. Also, why don't we remove the ability to use riven mods on MK-1 Weapons then? Your idea seems plausible if it had consistency.

They removed it because of "negligeable damage"?

So what about all the rest? Since the weapon is weak, I can't have a Riven that would give it Fire Rate, Status Chance, Mag Capacity, Status Duration, etc? You know, usefull stats for a Status weapon. That's just nonsense. Rivens aren't there just to buff damage. 

I would love to get my hands on an Artax Riven. It's the only Sentinel weapon I potatoed so I can get more status (Ice+Viral+Rad is quite good if you want to slow an enemy, weaken it and either transform it into a decoy or get rid of nearby Ancient/Eximus's protections.)

Edited by Blade_Wolf_16

10 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

End Game is low level content. Also, why don't we remove the ability to use riven mods on MK-1 Weapons then? Your idea seems plausible if it had consistency.

I thought that was literally the reason Megan gave. Would dig for it but don't really want to put much time into it. I'm talking like the first few levels, I wouldn't even say there's an 'endgame'. And mk weapons are variants.