Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Razorback Armada is such a scam

Menex

I have participated in the Razorback Armada event at least 5 times so far. Both this time and last time, I bought a three day Resource Booster and Resource Drop Chance Booster to get more Cryptographic ALUs. The reason I even bother playing this boring event, over and over again, is for the sole purpose of getting my hands on the two archwing mods [Magma Chamber] and [Searing Steel].

So what is wrong with this event? Well two things:

1- The Razorback Ciphers costs 1500 Polymer Bundles to make. Although I consider myself as someone who very rarely runs out of common resources, I am now forced to farm not only for Cryptographic ALUs (in an ever-so-tedious archwing mission), but for Polymer Bundles as well just for this even alone.

2- The drop rate of those two mods from Razorback is insanely low. Last time, I ran the Razorback mission well over 100 times and not a singe one of the two archwing mods dropped.

So not only are the mandatory Razorback Ciphers resource heavy, but you need to make a ton of them to run this boring mission hundreds of times just for a probable chance to get the two archwing mods that only Razorback drops in the entire game. 

THIS IS INSANE! Who is the sadist who thought this type of game mechanics is acceptable? Why the ridiculous glorification of these two mods by making them so hard to get?

All this tedious, grinding, boring, not fun, not entertaining, labor, just to get two mods is unacceptable. First, make cost of building a ciphers more resource friendly. Second, make the drop rate of the two mods equal to that of the puncture mods at the very least. Another suggestion is to just award the mods after playing this tedious mission after a fix number of times. Say reward the player after defeating 10 or 20 Razorbacks instead of a 1/1000 chance to get them.

To be honest, I completely agree with you. But I luckily got these mods when they were first released in Operation: Eyes of Blight.

RNG is Warframe, and Warframe is RNG.
Anywhere you look in this game, there is RNG looking back at you.
Don't get me wrong, it isn't a terrible thing most of the time.

But yeah, this is one of those examples of RNG done a bit wrong. (looking at you, sorties. And Ghoul lore before they made them drop from the Ghouls.)
I feel ya man.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

16 minutes ago, Menex said:

THIS IS INSANE! Who is the sadist who thought this type of game mechanics is acceptable? Why the ridiculous glorification of these two mods by making them so hard to get?

All this tedious, grinding, boring, not fun, not entertaining, labor, just to get two mods is unacceptable. First, make cost of building a ciphers more resource friendly. Second, make the drop rate of the two mods equal to that of the puncture mods at the very least. Another suggestion is to just award the mods after playing this tedious mission after a fix number of times. Say reward the player after defeating 10 or 20 Razorbacks instead of a 1/1000 chance to get them.

Good Luck getting DE to even agree with you, much less follow through. I had to hunt the acolytes 300 times when they first came out for all their mods, and I haven't seen a single gold mod from them since. I had to run Fomorians about 100 times for my Imperator Vandal receiver, and after another 100 runs I haven't seen a second one. Not to mention this is the company that STILL thinks Orokin Derelicts are "raining mutagens"

After participating in every appearance of the acolytes multiple times, I only recently completed all the mods from their drop list so I definitely know where you are coming from. Also the drop rate for the Imperator Vandal Receiver is ridiculous. Again, why so rare? Just let players get the part already and move on.

Though I disagree about the drop chance increase for the mods (I hate the drop chance and with the fomorian I didn't get the receiver even after doing it 70+ times) but I am fine with the 1% for some reason BUT that polymer bundle in just idiotic. That is too high, that's why I said I will do 5 and stop. The relay can go F*** itself. I don't care if all relays get destroyed by the Razorback if the cost stays this way.