Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replace Banshee's Silence?

modded

While people say that it'll be useful once stealth is made viable, IMHO it should be replaced for 1 reason: It doesn't meld well with any of Banshee's other powers (with the possible and situational and unreliable exception of sonar).

Her first is crowd control.

Her second is damage.

Her fourth is damage + CC.

I have a suggestion, though if any of you come up with a great idea, I'll copy it here and give you credit (to keep this thread neat and to make sure good ideas aren't overlooked as easily).

Potential Silence Replacement: "Feedback" or "Amplify"

This casts an AoE that marks enemies like the current Silence, duration/radius/energy cost *could* remain the same.

Marked enemies become very sensitive to sounds, which causes 2 things:

1. Shooting enemies have a reduced RoF, because their ears hurt from noise (no more elite lancers with full auto burstons).

2. All affected enemies have reduced melee aggro, ie sawmen/flameblade/shield guys/all infested/prodmen/etc. are less aggressive since they'd have to get closer to you, and hence your loud guns.

Thoughts?

I like the idea,

but I don't really care for now.

Most Frames have that one skill I don't bother to equip and instead slot in an extra low mod in the slot.

(Vauban Bounce, Frost Freeze/Avalanche, Ember Fire Ball, Nyx Psychic Bolts, Trinity Well of Life,...)

It has everything to do with her, Sound related. It is a utility power, most frames have these.

I have to agree with the OP. It is a very limited utility that rarely finds use do to the fast paced nature of the game and how enemies generally just rush you. The rest of her setup doesn't support stealth, so the one ability that does is out of place.

It has everything to do with her, Sound related. It is a utility power, most frames have these.

Sure it's "sound-ish", but it feels tacked on as it's a whole different type. Look at Rhino, all his skills fit into "aggressive tank". Besides, if you wanted to go stealthy, most players would just use Ash/Loki and a weapon that is innately silent.

It would be interesting if silence made your current weapon silent for a period of time. Making it buff the team with the same benefit would be even better.

It would, but IMHO Banshee isn't a stealth frame, so she shouldn't have a stealth power that almost no one will use on here. Now on another frame, that would be sweet!

It would be interesting if silence made your current weapon silent for a period of time. Making it buff the team with the same benefit would be even better.

I think it would also really help if attacks on unaware enemies dealt extra damage (maybe 50% extra). That way, not only does stealth have extra incentive, but it also allows Silence to synergise with Sonar etc.

I think it would also really help if attacks on unaware enemies dealt extra damage (maybe 50% extra). That way, not only does stealth have extra incentive, but it also allows Silence to synergise with Sonar etc.

That would be cool, but not be enough to make silence work on this frame IMHO. :/

Edited by modded

Sure it's "sound-ish", but it feels tacked on as it's a whole different type. Look at Rhino, all his skills fit into "aggressive tank". Besides, if you wanted to go stealthy, most players would just use Ash/Loki and a weapon that is innately silent.

Thats a weird logical conlusion.

Comparing lore powers with role behaviour.

If anything,Rhino has the bigger problem here because he can gets the power to conjure liquid metal out of thin air while otherwise only displaying super-strength attributed feats(and whatever you want to call Roar).

All of Banshee´s skills are based on sound which from a design standpoint is excellent.

Having said that...yeah silence is really underwhelming at the moment.

Thats a weird logical conlusion.

Comparing lore powers with role behaviour.

If anything,Rhino has the bigger problem here because he can gets the power to conjure liquid metal out of thin air while otherwise only displaying super-strength attributed feats(and whatever you want to call Roar).

All of Banshee´s skills are based on sound which from a design standpoint is excellent.

Having said that...yeah silence is really underwhelming at the moment.

IMHO role behavior is the top priority, because powers that don't fit the role are unused. Silence, contagion, wormhole, teleport, bounce, all fall into the category of "not for serious use".

Easy fix to Silence:

Add a short root effect, rename it "Serenade".

Enemies can become entranced by the ability instead, causing them to stop in their tracks and enjoy the music, which will drown out all other sounds. Even if they spot you they'll be too preoccupied until the song ends to do anything about it. Once the alert is blown, it can be used as a temporary mass CC.

Easy fix to Silence:

Enemies can become entranced by the ability instead, causing them to stop in their tracks and enjoy the music, which will drown out all other sounds. Even if they spot you they'll be too preoccupied until the song ends to do anything about it. Once the alert is blown, it can be used as a temporary mass CC.

+1 for Radial Dance Party

• 2 months later...

Easy fix to Silence:

Would they also start to dance?

While this thread's been dragged back from the grave, I'll leave my 2c. I find it interesting how Rhino's gotten so many passes, but what is pretty much the worst skill in the entire game is just left there since Banshee's release many months ago. I have not seen a single Banshee use this in any online group, although one could credit that to stealth being a self-indulgence at best with zero rewards (actually, it has penalties, since 'rewards' are drops from enemies and XP. More enemies = more rewards, while stealth = less enemies).

A key part of the issue is that the skill's function is kind of moot. We have a plethora of silenced weapons (Silenced rocket launchers, derp), so the problem is more being seen than being heard. On top of that, it's unintuitive and expensive in terms of mod costs (even disregarding the slot it takes). Don't forget either that it just affects an area (as opposed to being an aura around the frame), making it fairly expensive to use for the purpose of reliable stealth, respawning enemies in cleared tiles notwithstanding.