Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For those who don't know

ObviousLee

1 minute ago, DoomFruit said:

0.8s if on a single target, but since it resets to zero every time the beam touches something else, you're getting the full second in every case.

yeah but what im saying is that when they said it takes 0.2 longer than before, they where talking about how we were fine with  0.8 seconds but not with 1.

also it takes the same amount of time to ramp-down as it takes to ramp-up. so if someone loses aim for 0.3 seconds itll take 0.3 seconds to reach full damage again. the only time someone will have to fire for a full second to reach full damage is if they managed to completely miss the target for a solid second. i could see how this may be an issue for controller users, but thankfully the majority of controller users (xbox/ps4) will likely get whatever "middle ground" is still to come without getting the current state

29 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

yeah but what im saying is that when they said it takes 0.2 longer than before, they where talking about how we were fine with  0.8 seconds but not with 1.

also it takes the same amount of time to ramp-down as it takes to ramp-up. so if someone loses aim for 0.3 seconds itll take 0.3 seconds to reach full damage again. the only time someone will have to fire for a full second to reach full damage is if they managed to completely miss the target for a solid second. i could see how this may be an issue for controller users, but thankfully the majority of controller users (xbox/ps4) will likely get whatever "middle ground" is still to come without getting the current state

0.8s may not have been so bad when it was the beam in general warming up (though it's still 0.8s of wasted ammunition), but you're going to need to do this warmup every single time you find a new target. Again - why should this even be necessary?

Edited by DoomFruit

29 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

Last I checked there was no ramp-down. The timer just reset when you missed even for a fraction of a second, forcing you to build it up again from scratch.

19 hours ago, Recel said:

Last I checked there was no ramp-down. The timer just reset when you missed even for a fraction of a second, forcing you to build it up again from scratch.

well then that's an unintended bug and may need to be reported

from the dev workshop:
"...and decays back to 10% over 1 second after stopping."

49 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

I need to do further testing, but it appears the phage might be the top tier beam weapon. Might have to invite some folks to simulacrum tests to see tomorrow. Sans riven mods of course. 

The Phage really "won" the update do to the new way status works. Essentially, it applies viral so easily you have to fight only half an enemy.