Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Hotfix 22.13.4

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Increased the Beam weapon Damage ramp up time from 0.8 to 1 second.
  • Fixed Beam weapon Damage ramp up not happening per target.

Would you kindly revert this, right now. I don't think you realize how bad this is. You went from making beam weapons great again, to taking a huge dump on them. Why even bother with the rework of beam weapons, if you're going to turn around and nerf them to the ground?

il y a une heure, [DE]Megan a dit :

Fixed Beam weapon Damage ramp up not happening per target.

That change considerably lowers our sustained damage/kills per minute, will negate almost completely the rework benefits, and make some weapons overall worse than before the rework. Eg atomos: from excellent vs unarmored crowds and bad vs armored unit before the rework, to mediocre vs everything now with that change. It was fine in between, although ammo hungry.

Talking about ammo, it will also make the already bad new economy for weapons like phage, quanta, and atomos (again) totally atrocious.

If you want to keep that 'fix", please at the very least consider allowing us to improve ramp up speed with firerate mods !

Silly me full of hope was about to buy a bunch of rivens and resource booster. I'm glad i saw this before i did :(

à l’instant, Rekalty a dit :

Would you kindly revert this, right now. I don't think you realize how bad this is. You went from making beam weapons great again, to taking a huge dump on them. Why even bother with the rework of beam weapons, if you're going to turn around and nerf them to the ground?

The ramp up of 0,2 second more is not that bad.. 

The second change though is horrible.. You move your crosshairs a little bit and up all your damage are lost ... Thanks DE for making them super clunky to use.. What if a Gorgon Ramping up would reset each time.. It would be as horrible..

17 minutes ago, Arzon_Magnus said:

Was the ignis/ignis wraith flame/energy effect fixed?  Last I checked prior to patch was that I can't see the thing at all.  Invisible flames?

The only time I remember seeing this was when the Ignis Wraith was introduced, Since they fixed it like a week later I've never seen it happen again.

Rocking Ignis Wraith as I type this xD

1 minute ago, Rekalty said:

Not only that but with this update even the few beam weapons that were okay get a nerf. This is starting to be funny. :)

Either this is extremely bad or bugged.

The damage falls off to 10% as soon as your cursor is not on the target and AOE beam weapons deal worthless damage since the arcs/links don't seem to count toward activating the damage ramp up. 

Conclave; Ignis is still very strong

Complaints are being had that you dont need to aim, dont know how much water that argument holds. It can apparently hit enemies behind you when in close quarters, which is not ideal for oponents and most likely not intended. Its time to kill isnt really that bad, however. I feel as if its ammo maximum and reload speed should be looked at. Enemies will often still be on fire by the time youre done reloading and it takes about 24 seconds to empty the 90 Ammo in the magazine/tank/whatever its called. The range feels better and I havent seen anyone stop a lobby with just ingus now

TL;DR

Ignis kills slower now (great)

Magazine capacitly too high/ Reload too quick

Bad hitboxes (-duck posted a gif in the community discord if you need proof)

I feel like the changes made are working towards a better ignis but its not quite there yet. Feels like it would be a great weapon for new players to actually be able to compete with some of the old timers but put into a decent players hands it currently makes matches a joke. (no one likes it when other people use it) 

• Convectrix Alt Fire beams now continuously sweep back and forth.

wait.... so you made a change that negatively impacts beam weapons ability to sweep multiple targets by reducing their effectiveness by 90%... and then changed the convectrix alt-fire to constantly sweep multiple targets?

3 minutes ago, 0meg4x said:

The only time I remember seeing this was when the Ignis Wraith was introduced, Since they fixed it like a week later I've never seen it happen again.

Rocking Ignis Wraith as I type this xD

It's happening to me.  I tried different energy colors and I got nothing.  I see the mobs getting hit, but the energy effect is invisible.

• Fixed Arcanes working inconsistently on Exalted Abilities (Excalibur’s Exalted Blade, etc) or Weapon Abilities (Titania’s Razorwing, etc).

Does that means you just made ALL the Arcane and exodia i bought before that shrine of eidolons update for my Excalibur, my Favorite frame AND your poster boy USELESS now ?!

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hmm... No. Something else is going on here.

Take note of the Synapse numbers at the moment of death on a lvl 155 Napalm.

lf2GCBO.jpg

You'll notice 3k ticks with 5-6k Bleed ticks right at death on a target that takes more than 1 second to kill.

It reaches full damage by roughly 10 ammo used which is similar to the stated 0.8 ramp time doing 3k damage.

c9AE63w.jpg

Now we have the NEW Synapse numbers at moment of death for 1300 damage and 1800 bleed ticks on the same target.

It reaches full ramp at 12 Ammo used which is the new stated 1 second ramp time doing 600 Damage.

-------------

In short more was changed than damage ramp up time. Either intention, undocumented or otherwise. Armor can vary the base damage numbers obviously but the proof is in the bleed ticks. 5-6k Vs 1.8k both of which are well past the ramp-up period and result in a 3-4 second difference in kill speed for what is supposed to be a 0.2 second difference in ramp-up speed. Something is not right.

This is the raw footage of before and after performance using the same build.

Per-target damage ramping and decay is an absolutely terrible change, and the most No Fun Allowed one that you could've made. Beam weapons were too strong right after the patch, definitely. I thought so myself. But adding a mandatory "just hang on, you can kill this enemy in a second but not right now!" wait time is unbelievably tedious and unfun. Even cannon fodder enemies aren't going to die to a weapon that is only doing 10% of its maximum damage at first. That wait time is always going to be there, slowing our gameplay down. Also, in the event that your target is obscured or otherwise runs out of the beam for more than a second, you have to ramp up again. Per-target damage decay is a terrible idea in a game where both you and the enemies are moving around frantically.

Please reconsider this change.

Beam Weapon Changes and Fixes:

I dont know why i continue to read hot "fixes" (ignorance is bliss i suppose) because i just feel frustrated afterwards. This doesnt even make sense. Is the weapon heating up or is it the enemies continued exposure to the beam that makes the damage increase? Do you even consider how extremely shortsighted changes effect the game's balance and the overall health of your game when you roll some of this garbage out?

Beam Weapon Changes and Fixes:

...This was the worst part of the beam weapon changes...and you made it worse...

First, you kill the ammo efficiency of my favorite weapon (Quanta/Vandal) by homogenizing all the beam weapon fire rates. At the same time, you make short bursts to conserve ammo completely pointless due to the beam "warm up" time. Now, I have to hold the beam over each enemy for a full second before it reaches its listed damage rate? Does it consume less ammo during this time? (Don't answer that, I know it doesn't.) How does this make any sense whatsoever?

I guess I have to find a new favorite weapon...I think I'll stay away from beam weapons for a while.

Archived