Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Hotfix 22.13.4

[DE]Megan

8 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:
  • Also, please fix ember, your "fix" did nothing since we can still spam 4 on and off and that doesn't fix the ember nuke the world issue at low levels, and it also makes her suck at pretty much everything.  The reduced range to make her worthwhile in sorties just makes her less survivable.  It's a pile of crap nerf that puts one of the most useful frames into the back of the closet never to come out.  There was literally a handful of frames worth using and with her out of rotation it limits options even further on what's actually useful to play.

You know, when they broke ember i was thinking like, "LOL! Why they even fix whats not broken, besides. Ignis Wrath acts so much like Ember and thats completely cheap to get and not tied to frame, haha, so what now they ll nerf Ignis Wrath?!". Man i was joking. Guess what. Have to be careful with irony now

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Beam Weapon Changes and Fixes:

• Increased the Beam weapon Damage ramp up time from 0.8 to 1 second.
  • Fixed Beam weapon Damage ramp up not happening per target.

You guys had a good thing going with beam weapons.

I had a feeling it was too good to be true and when I saw these words today I knew I was right.

The increase to the damage ramp up time and "Beam weapon damage ramp up not happening per target" are NERFS. Having damage ramp up PER TARGET is obnoxious and weakens the beam weapon's damage noticeably. Someone here made a really good comparison with Gorgon - it's exactly like resetting Gorgon's wind up every time you switch to a new target. Please either remove this mechanic or keep the "damage ramp up" but not have it decay almost instantly if we so much as twitch our crosshairs off a target. I know this game is far from reality, but as some mechanics reflect reality...fire and lighting definitely doesn't work the way these changes/"fixes" do.

What's the point in using beam weapons now?
Why shouldn't we just sell our 5-7 forma beam weapons for credits or let them collect dust in the arsenal?
What's the justification behind these changes?
Why not just remove them from the game at this point?

Please, do tell us!

There are still loads of bugs needed to be fixed, as a lot of people have already put in this thread and the other recent threads. I'm going to put this one here too:

If the arsenal is a more effective trap than the Eidolon lures or the La Brea tar pits, it's due for some fixing.

7 minutes ago, RunningOnRailsOfVisions said:

You know, when they broke ember i was thinking like, "LOL! Why they even fix whats not broken, besides. Ignis Wrath acts so much like Ember and thats completely cheap to get and not tied to frame, haha, so what now they ll nerf Ignis Wrath?!". Man i was joking. Guess what. Have to be careful with irony now

It's the sad reality of things. Like something in the game? Don't mention it, ironically or jokingly, or one day the nerfs arrive.

6 hours ago, LelouchOfTheRebellion said:

I'd like some of my catalysts, kuva and forma back, please.

I just feel that my grief is suddenly ramping up. Having 7 forma ignis wrath with a decent riven. Its still semi ok though if you run though lv 1-35 missions just holding the fire button not aiming and having some unintentional kills/containers broken while running to objective/extraction, but wait there are tons of weapons that will do better. Rly for any other task then running atm id take Soma or Hek over it or ... wait with such aiming skills required for any decent damage for a flamethrower why not take Lanka over it.

If I may be frank.... You lot, DE, are so afraid of giving us too much power, too much speed to control the game at a pace we like, and these beam weapon ramp up changes prove it. I have no argument, as it is your game to change and modify; but I implore that the design team must think of a more clever way, take time and effort, come out with a more thought out and clever change to balance the weapons, because rushing out these nerf- I mean, Fixes, only proves that you know you made a mistake. Especially since the Convectrix, a weapon long considered a laughingstock joke of a weapon since it came out with Atlas, has now been made even weaker, thanks to the rampup you added in the same update, plus the inability of the 'buff' you gave it to remain locked on one target.

However, I also understand the importance of balance, and must say that this is not the right way to deal with buffs people were satisfied with, even if SOME of the beam weapons were a bit *too* powerful.

This is not the right thing to do after making Kavats unable to help us in PoE, in my humble opinon. But it's not my place to judge, in a game I am happy with playing, despite all of this.

6 minutes ago, RunningOnRailsOfVisions said:

I just feel that my grief is suddenly ramping up.

I feel the same way. Amprex is my most used weapon in the game. I catalyzed it, sunk 5 forma into it, installed a greater lens on it, and farmed forever to get the right mods for it. I absolutely loved it. Ignis Wraith I most recently got. I have never had so much fun with an in-game flamethrower before. Catalyzed it, sunk 4 forma into it (almost 5 til this update), installed a greater lens onto it too. Quanta...I can't even bring myself to equip it now let alone upgrade it in any way because now beam weapons don't feel like they're worth investing in anymore.

Honestly, this really sucks. The uniqueness of beam weapons was what drew me into them, and now I guess I'm going to give them up.

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Invasion Changes:
With the precedent already set from Fissure missions for rewarding per normal endless cycle, Invasions felt strenuous due to their lengthy mission completion requirements. Considering there are other “faster” mission types available to get your reward and get out, it was time to cut back a bit on the way 'endless' variants work within the system. As a result, the following mission completion requirements have been scaled back: 

• Defense from 10 waves to 5 waves
  • Survival from 10 minutes to 5 minutes
  • Interception from 2 rounds to 1 round
  • Excavation from 1000 Cryotic to 500 Cryotic

Thank you for this.

Really, the ramp up should be based on weapon firing time rather than per target.

If they want to tweak the ramp up TIME (e.g. stuff like the Cycron and Flux ramping faster, and stuff like Amprex ramping slower) it's perfectly fine. Also, ramp up should be affected by fire rate mods.

Also, all the vids showing how strong the new Amprex is ... in an actual combat situation, positioning is actually needed to get that kind of result. Against 1 target? It's not that fast without a very high rolled riven. Nerfing everything because of ideal condition testing just isn't reflective of combat scenarios.

on so last update some people were complaining about the burn out factor; Thats just how I feel bunt out,  endless rework an the pushing of money oriented agenda has goten the best of me. Sorry de/pw but i think iv got better to do now. I graved it a honest try but some thing just cannot succeed.
The invation nerf is nice but to late. It should have never been 20 wave to stat with (*5 , that was just not realistic)

There is a lot feedback post about beam weapon ramp up per target peoples are not happy, mechanic is punishing, check the feedback do something about it.

&

some casual posting few issues noone cares about:

• Kuva cloud hitbox for Host is smaller versus beeing a client while using Void blast + Basilisk Gaze;
  • Cryona syandana clipping through mirrage prime and few other warframes in particular ember noble and banshee noble animation sets.

Introduce Ramp up decay. Vary the decay depending on the weapon (eg. Ignis should have longer lingering ramp up decay but a moderate (0.8) ramp up time. While weapons like Synapse should have shorter ramp up time (0.5) and a also a short ramp up decay).

OR make it so that ramp up stays as long as there are status effects that linger on the target.

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Defense from 10 waves to 5 waves
  • Survival from 10 minutes to 5 minutes
  • Interception from 2 rounds to 1 round
  • Excavation from 1000 Cryotic to 500 Cryotic

that's really good.

but it would be even cooler if you could just stay in an endless mission, so that you can do 1 15 minutes survival instead of 3 times 5 minutes :clem:

Archived