Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Hotfix 22.13.4

[DE]Megan

32 minutes ago, Hitake said:

Honestly, at this point, you could just change the beam weapons to what they were before the rework, since they are now pratically useless. Why would you even bother reworking them, even though they weren't really that good before, if it's to make them even worse?

And by the way .... 

How is this a fix and not a nerf? 

Besides, even if it actually was a fix, who in their right minds would think that ramp up per target would be logical in a horde-based game?

I've been playing beam weapons for a while now, they were a bit ... lacking but eh, I still liked it. Now, they're crap, why would anyone still use them except for mastery? 

Honestly, if they made holster rate faster it'd be worth having a synoid gammacor (or a primary beam if your fave weapon is a secondary) around for assassinations, the occasional heavy gunner or Juggernaut.

atomos and amprex are still nice otherwise

my amprex riven no longer increases crit chance to 99%,.... crit chance was lowered.
my spectra riven was rolled for puncture damage, now the spectra's main damage is slash!?

I must say I am not happy at first glance of these changes, although I have not fully tested them, 

we were recently gifted forma bundles, to compensate, I guess....
either way, a lot of time and kuva was invested on rivens for beam weapons... now we have to re-roll them again!?
:(

All right, I understand the need for the power fences in Plains of Eidolon.  They're there to keep the players in a fenced in area to play in an open roam environment.  They're also there to give the players a sort of immersion that it's protection from Cetus/Ostron/Quills dwellers from being overrun by Grineer running rampant into the settlement.  However on more than one occasion I've found my immersion breaking when something like this happens:

OXavx28.jpg

Yep, the Dargyn Flyers happily zipping in and out of the fenced area making them invulnerable to being taken down because the field is a protective shield.  They're not the only Grineer flying object happily ignoring the field, the larger carriers seem to be able to do this with frequency as well..  And sometimes the carriers will sit in an idle state on the other side of the field as though they're waiting for some unknown command to motivate them.  

Until this is fixed, immersion in the plains just had its back broken with a sickening crack.  

Another issue to report:

During the load in screen between missions or post extraction I seem to be getting some sort of weird artefact involving the sound of the "air wooshing" for the lander getting all munged up.  This seems to be happening all the more since the recent update.  Drivers are up to date and no additional drivers (read: nVidia BS Audio controls) have been installed. 

Seems to reset just fine in the mission as well as back on the orbiter though.  

Am 24.2.2018 um 22:31 schrieb Malvavisc0:

my amprex riven no longer increases crit chance to 99%,.... crit chance was lowered.
my spectra riven was rolled for puncture damage, now the spectra's main damage is slash!?

I must say I am not happy at first glance of these changes, although I have not fully tested them, 

we were recently gifted forma bundles, to compensate, I guess....
either way, a lot of time and kuva was invested on rivens for beam weapons... now we have to re-roll them again!?
:(

Do you mean after the beam weapon update or after the hotfix ? It would be strange if they lowered the crit chance of the amprex after the hotfix cause the didnt say they would lel

Am 23.2.2018 um 00:59 schrieb Xzorn:

Hmm... No. Something else is going on here.

Take note of the Synapse numbers at the moment of death on a lvl 155 Napalm.

You'll notice 3k ticks with 5-6k Bleed ticks right at death on a target that takes more than 1 second to kill.

It reaches full damage by roughly 10 ammo used which is similar to the stated 0.8 ramp time doing 3k damage.

Now we have the NEW Synapse numbers at moment of death for 1300 damage and 1800 bleed ticks on the same target.

It reaches full ramp at 12 Ammo used which is the new stated 1 second ramp time doing 600 Damage.

In short more was changed than damage ramp up time. Either intention, undocumented or otherwise. Armor can vary the base damage numbers obviously but the proof is in the bleed ticks. 5-6k Vs 1.8k both of which are well past the ramp-up period and result in a 3-4 second difference in kill speed for what is supposed to be a 0.2 second difference in ramp-up speed. Something is not right.

This is the raw footage of before and after performance using the same build.

Hmm yeah looks like its not 10% to 100% ... strange strange hope its unintentional would be a shame if DE is pulling a bungie move :clem:

i would like to clarify something about the "ramp up per target".

many ppl seem to misunderstand the issue we have with that. we dont complain about the damage of beam weapons, that is more than fine. it is the wonky mechanic that is making beams unfun. 

there are some ppl who are very good at aiming and some ppl who even make a living out of playing this game and from whom one would expect good aiming. tho there are quite a bunch of casual players who can not manage to pinpoint a target (i would like to reiterate that the crosshair is white and not customizable) while still beeing on the move and evading fire. and not every frame provides invulnerabilities or hard crowd control.

ramp up per target is illogical in any shape or form, not even consistent with the ingame lore and is just a completely made up balancing mechanic.

it is not the damage output we complain about, it is a mechanic that feels unfun.

On 2/22/2018 at 10:38 PM, SasoDuck said:

@[DE]Megan, can you please stop capitalizing things that aren't proper nouns in the patch notes? "Ammo," "damage," "beam" etc do not need to be capitalized and it's annoying having to fix them all when I transcribe the patch notes to my Discord updates channel. Thanks!

Ammo is a noun, Damage is a noun, Beam is a noun, boy learn your english

1 hour ago, ParadoxJester said:

The idle animations still occur in the arsenal for me, and it drives me up a wall, over the ceiling and then through it. Not sure if there was something I missed or not.

Yea this is annoying af i try to color the weapon and my frame starts to play idle animations ugh...

Doesn't help if i switch back to default animations my wf still does wilggle and wave his weapon around every few sec

7 hours ago, BlueFan99 said:

Are you serious? They are still really powerful!  

powerful =/= viable

Its a chore to have to aim at every single target to kill him in a couple seconds when this game wants you to fight 15+ enemies at the same time. It makes single target beams unfun and makes you want to use a different weapon altogether that can take out the same enemies faster

A beam weapon should be a continuous damaging laser that you can sweep across the room. Its downside? short range

Reason for this nerf? It was aimed at the amprex and atamos that broke the short range rule and cleared out everything too fast

Archived