[DE]Helen

Warframe x Intel Starter Pack Promotion! [PC Only]

Recommended Posts

Warframe_StarterPack_1920x622.jpg

Get a FREE Warframe: Starter Pack when you buy qualified PCs with i5 and i7 Intel processors from participating retailers!

Anyone who buys a qualified PC will receive a Warframe: Starter Pack!

 

How the Promotion Works

Intel is offering a Starter Packs program where people who buy qualified PCs with i5 and i7 Intel processors will be given a free key to the Warframe: Starter Pack to enhance their gameplay experience!*

How to Unlock Your Warframe: Starter Pack!

  • Buy a qualified PC and open your email to receive your Master Key voucher
  • Visit redemption site and enter Master Key: https://starterpack.intel.com/#/home
  • Complete your survey to reveal your promotional code for the Warframe: Starter Pack
  • Read the complete instructions on the redemption site

For more information about the Warframe: Starter Pack, visit https://www.warframe.com/starterpack

 

*Please note: This promotion will continue as long as supplies last. This promotion is for PC players only. The Warframe Starter Pack can only be redeemed once per account.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any retailers list?

Also, it is only complete computers, not the CPUs, right? - as one that builds his own machine, I am more interested in purchasing parts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh... Other companies capitalizing on Warframe. No thankyou! I like for DE to stay the "independent developer that publishes itself to avoid men in suits interfering with the game" like they used to be. This isn't a door I want opened.

  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which retailers then are included in this promotion and which I5 or I7 equipped products if you don't mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry DE, but after how Intel messed up with safeties in their processors, this is the most dumb thing to do. If you want to support Intel by promoting this, go ahead but because of them, all goverments and national safeties were vulnerable for years, not even mentioning privacy of normal people.

So, dear people, if you want to risk another Intel safety incident and risk Meltdown or Specter, go ahead. Otherwise give up on this and go for AMD, they were always far better than Intel. Intel and their dirty practics, I see even DE fell for them.

Edited by CoreXCZ
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starter pack = i5 / i7 PC. Hmm.... *thinking*

So basically starter pack > prime access. I might just want to save some money to buy prime access.

Edited by IPrana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CoreXCZ said:

Sorry DE, but after how Intel messed up with safeties in their processors, this is the most dumb thing to do. If you want to support Intel by promoting this, go ahead but because of them, all goverments and national safeties were vulnerable for years, not even mentioning privacy of normal people.

So, dear people, if you want to risk another Intel safety incident and risk Meltdown or Specter, go ahead. Otherwise give up on this and go for AMD, they were always far better than Intel. Intel and their dirty practics, I see even DE fell for them.

Agreed, Can't say I'm all that impressed seeing DE doing this with Intel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dawson1917 said:

Ugh... Other companies capitalizing on Warframe. No thankyou! I like for DE to stay the "independent developer that publishes itself to avoid men in suits interfering with the game" like they used to be. This isn't a door I want opened.

Meanwhile the Nvidia logo is still on present on Warframe's homepage...

DE have been doing a lot of Server side work lately, if there was a hardware upgrade in all that, then the parts are likely to have come from intel (in fact it's almost guaranteed to be intel based!), where they were sourced from would be the question.

This promotion may stem from that (with DE probably saving some cash. Which in server money, isn't inconsequential), and as promotions go, this is rather timid as it only really seems to pertain to select stock, and appears to run for a limited time. 

If you are in the market for a new PC, there's nothing wrong with this deal. It is, after all, only for a Warframe starter pack....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weak offer ,may as well add a custom pc case WF themed(limited stock of course).

At least that way you get something physical that will stay with you permanently.

 

Edited by HellVOps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CoreXCZ said:

 

So, dear people, if you want to risk another Intel safety incident and risk Meltdown or Specter, go ahead. Otherwise give up on this and go for AMD

AMD has the same vulnerability to  Spectre as Intel Chips do.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, CoreXCZ said:

Sorry DE, but after how Intel messed up with safeties in their processors, this is the most dumb thing to do. If you want to support Intel by promoting this, go ahead but because of them, all goverments and national safeties were vulnerable for years, not even mentioning privacy of normal people.

So, dear people, if you want to risk another Intel safety incident and risk Meltdown or Specter, go ahead. Otherwise give up on this and go for AMD, they were always far better than Intel. Intel and their dirty practics, I see even DE fell for them.

So, after a bit of research, AMD is affected pretty much as much as intel is, so going for AMD doesn't really give you any more benefit than before. In both cases of intel and AMD, the OS have already had patches made that work around and fix this issue for current/older generation CPUs. Intel is expected to have some slight/significant performance issues, but you would already know if you did. New CPUs will likely, if possible have fixes made to the hardware to stop this problem.

So, both chips are affected; patches have been made; life goes on as it always has.

Edited by Demonreaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 1 heure, Vindicta_Necis a dit :

AMD has the same vulnerability to  Spectre as Intel Chips do.  

Yeah, but there's a difference between both Intel and AMD processors, fact remains Intel is in much worse position since their processors are way more vulnerable than those AMD have.

Il y a 1 heure, Demonreaper. a dit :

So, after a bit of research, AMD is affected pretty much as much as intel is, so going for AMD doesn't really give you any more benefit than before. In both cases of intel and AMD, the OS have already had patches made that work around and fix this issue for current/older generation CPUs. Intel is expected to have some slight/significant performance issues, but you would already know if you did. New CPUs will likely, if possible have fixes made to the hardware to stop this problem.

So, both chips are affected; patches have been made; life goes on as it always has.

Trusting that 'patch' will solve something permanently is naive. Problem is directly in CPU, programming and algorithms. You can patch OS as much as you want, fact remains it will never fix root of the problem. Unless you get new CPU which have fixed programming and algorithms, it will remain as weakness, maybe more harder to access and utilize but still, not permanently fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dawson1917 said:

Ugh... Other companies capitalizing on Warframe. No thankyou! I like for DE to stay the "independent developer that publishes itself to avoid men in suits interfering with the game" like they used to be. This isn't a door I want opened.

Psst.

Nvidia and Razer have been sponsors for years.

This changes nothing.

It's just more promo for Warframe.

As for the spectre and meltdown issues, they have absolutely nothing to do with our beloved game.

Edited by Neo_182

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Neo_182 said:

Psst.

Nvidia and Razer have been sponsors for years.

This changes nothing.

It's just more promo for Warframe.

As for the spectre and meltdown issues, they have absolutely nothing to do with our beloved game.

This isn't a door I want opened further*. It's bad enough that things like Tennogen fashionframe are locked behind Steam (with no alternative for non-Steam users). Corporate influence is never a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CoreXCZ said:

Yeah, but there's a difference between both Intel and AMD processors, fact remains Intel is in much worse position since their processors are way more vulnerable than those AMD have.

Trusting that 'patch' will solve something permanently is naive. Problem is directly in CPU, programming and algorithms. You can patch OS as much as you want, fact remains it will never fix root of the problem. Unless you get new CPU which have fixed programming and algorithms, it will remain as weakness, maybe more harder to access and utilize but still, not permanently fixed.

The difference between intel and AMD in the problems is that intel has the meltdown bug. It is the spectre bug that is the more significant issue though, and found in all chips. But meltdown is also found in qualcomm and Arm chips as well. 

I never said that these would solve this issue permanently. I used the term "fix" in terms of the meaning that there is a repair that has been made. A repair never means the issue has been solved permanently, but it can certainly mitigate the problem. And these security flaws are difficult enough to use to begin with. For the common person, it would be more likely that they would be targeted by already common attacks.

The point of my comments is that issues has been found in all processors. These issues are being worked on and sorted out. There is no point jumping the boat to only land in the same boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This promo doesn't seem geared towards current players, much less forum lurkers.  Some poor bastard with a dead hamster for a PC finally decided to upgrade after 12 years.  They find this free promo among the packaging and decide to try out the gaming chops of their new off-the-shelf pc.  At best, this hooks all new players.  At worst, this adds a couple extra plat to the pile circulating through the player market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/02/2018 at 11:33 PM, [DE]Helen said:

snip

and for those that are interested in fashion frame... is there a way for players to get the nava glyph and sigil via something other than buying a whole new system or via steam?  Not all of us want to buy a new pc or need the starter packs from steam (some of us don't even want to run steam)....

Edited by LSG501

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2018 at 5:03 AM, [DE]Helen said:

Warframe_StarterPack_1920x622.jpg

Get a FREE Warframe: Starter Pack when you buy qualified PCs with i5 and i7 Intel processors from participating retailers!

Anyone who buys a qualified PC will receive a Warframe: Starter Pack!

 

How the Promotion Works

Intel is offering a Starter Packs program where people who buy qualified PCs with i5 and i7 Intel processors will be given a free key to the Warframe: Starter Pack to enhance their gameplay experience!*

How to Unlock Your Warframe: Starter Pack!

  • Buy a qualified PC and open your email to receive your Master Key voucher
  • Visit redemption site and enter Master Key: https://starterpack.intel.com/#/home
  • Complete your survey to reveal your promotional code for the Warframe: Starter Pack
  • Read the complete instructions on the redemption site

For more information about the Warframe: Starter Pack, visit https://www.warframe.com/starterpack

 

*Please note: This promotion will continue as long as supplies last. This promotion is for PC players only. The Warframe Starter Pack can only be redeemed once per account.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now