Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For Fans By Fans Warframe Merch is now available!!

[DE]Megan

12 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Wouldn't be such an issue if tennogen was purchasable with plats. Players are already paying for an ingame currency in order to buy cosmetics and on top of it they have to pay real money for some OTHER cosmetics (that are often way better than the ones purchasable with plats).

Either you put all the prices as premium currency (platinum) or as real money, mixing both feels like a huge scam (and actually, it is, just look at the prices) especially when you look at the "real currency // premium currency" rate.

5 minutes ago, 4628Gin-san said:

I thought the reason we don't use in-game currency for Tennogen is because part of the money goes to the creators?

that, and because steam takes a 30% cut. idk if DE takes anything on top of that, but either way it explains the real money and the pricing problem.

32 minutes ago, Luzzu said:

Just like TennoGen, right?

https://store.warframe.com/

Some of you come up with the craziest stuff just to put DE down. God forbid a developer encourages community involvement and creativity.

Yeah, Tennogen gives DE a reason to not have to put too much effort or work into deluxe skins.

Why bother when you can just outsource any and all designs with minimal cost?

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Yeah, Tennogen gives DE a reason to not have to put too much effort or work into deluxe skins.

Why bother when you can just outsource any and all designs with minimal cost?

Except they still needed to put effort into their deluxe skins, otherwise why would they still be trying to sell them?

12 minutes ago, 4628Gin-san said:

I thought the reason we don't use in-game currency for Tennogen is because part of the money goes to the creators?

They can always "buy out" the skin like they do for console players which is why they can use platinum on the skins.

Hell, if a skin goes to consoles, why not just allow PC players to then be able to buy those specific skins for platinum?

3 minutes ago, 4628Gin-san said:

Except they still needed to put effort into their deluxe skins, otherwise why would they still be trying to sell them?

Not as much as they used to.

Zephyr's skin is a "passion project" and has been for a while, so not many resources are going towards it.

Ember and Volt's skins were pretty half-assed and DE flat-out ignored any and all community feedback when it came to them, even going so far as to remove or even edit negative feedback post-release. Though will be fair on Volt where they rebranded it as "Proto" instead of its initial label of "Deluxe".

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Not as much as they used to.

Zephyr's skin is a "passion project" and has been for a while, so not many resources are going towards it.

Ember and Volt's skins were pretty half-assed and DE flat-out ignored any and all community feedback when it came to them, even going so far as to remove or even edit negative feedback post-release.

True, but I'm talking about it in the logical sense here. If they really were trying to capitalize solely on Tennogen revenue (which I'm not certain if they actually profit from it, but let's assume they do for argument's sake), then they would not be wasting resources on creating deluxe skins, period. Doing so when the community as a whole gravitates more towards Tennogen would be an economically disadvantageous decision.

Just now, 4628Gin-san said:

True, but I'm talking about it in the logical sense here. If they really were trying to capitalize solely on Tennogen revenue (which I'm not certain if they actually profit from it, but let's assume they do for argument's sake), then they would not be wasting resources on creating deluxe skins, period. Doing so when the community as a whole gravitates more towards Tennogen would be an economically disadvantageous decision.

The split is:

- Creators: 30%

- Valve: 30%

- DE: 40%

If they just stopped making Deluxe skins at all, there would be more of an outcry, but putting minimal effort in something is at least a way of saying "See! We still make some!" and looks better than doing none at all. Then there's also that some of the devs probably have their own ideas of what they want in the game (like the Zephyr Passion Project, which I fully believe is being made by someone who enjoys Zephyr and wants their design in). So deluxe skins can even be a way to placate the designers that have the "itch" to make something new (though would like if they showed different concepts to the community prior to modeling).

1 minute ago, Sean said:

The split is:

- Creators: 30%

- Valve: 30%

- DE: 40%

If they just stopped making Deluxe skins at all, there would be more of an outcry, but putting minimal effort in something is at least a way of saying "See! We still make some!" and looks better than doing none at all. Then there's also that some of the devs probably have their own ideas of what they want in the game (like the Zephyr Passion Project, which I fully believe is being made by someone who enjoys Zephyr and wants their design in). So deluxe skins can even be a way to placate the designers that have the "itch" to make something new (though would like if they showed different concepts to the community prior to modeling).

I see.

Welp, it's their decision I guess. There may be wrong in it, but I won't be complaining.

Isnt this submision considered as an art steal?

Spoiler

otnu6b.png

Original that i saw long ago :

Spoiler

warfame__lotus_prime_by_msppice-d8g8co3.

original Warfame: Lotus prime by MSppice from DeviantArt https://msppice.deviantart.com/art/Warfame-Lotus-prime-510992931

Forgive me if this accusation is wrong, as im just concerned about this.

EDIT : NVM, i shouldve read the post well enough. Sorry for the accusation

Spoiler

unknown.png

2 hours ago, Ratentaisou said:

@[DE]Megan Isnt this submision considered as an art steal?

Reveal hidden contents

otnu6b.png

Original that i saw long ago :

Reveal hidden contents

warfame__lotus_prime_by_msppice-d8g8co3.

original Warfame: Lotus prime by MSppice from DeviantArt https://msppice.deviantart.com/art/Warfame-Lotus-prime-510992931

Forgive me if this accusation is wrong, as im just concerned about this.

It's not. If you follow the link you provided, you'll see that the artist has announced the store submission and included a link to the same store site in the OP. No accusation meant, by the way. Just sharing info.

Just now, Archeyef said:

It's not. If you follow the link you provided, you'll see that the artist has announced the store submission and included a link to the same store site in the OP. No accusation meant, by the way. Just sharing info.

I realized it right when u posted it, my bad.

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

As an added bonus, this merchandise works like TennoGen, so purchasing a t-shirt supports the artist who created it as well!

It's nice that DE interacts with the community like this. As I understand their level of involvement with the player base is quite rare.

I just hope the artists actually get a decent cut of the profit and that DE doesn't screw them over.

Il y a 8 heures, Kelindor a dit :

that, and because steam takes a 30% cut. idk if DE takes anything on top of that, but either way it explains the real money and the pricing problem.

Il y a 8 heures, 4628Gin-san a dit :

Which totally explains why console players have access to (some) tennogen items (in exchange of plats).

MAYBE DE would be able to pay steam/content creator while selling the tennogen for plats if these plats weren't stocking like crazy in game.

"Steam and tennogen creator get money from the sale of tennogen items" is really a pitiful excuse.

Archived