Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For Fans By Fans Warframe Merch is now available!!

[DE]Megan

12 hours ago, clemza said:

For PC only.

On console i wonder how it works with Plats.

Creators

Microsoft / Sony

DE

:clem:

On console they pay the creators a larger sum so they would own the rights for them at that point.

That's why it would make sense if they gave PC creators that same option, I bet at least a few would accept and allow their items to be sold with platinum.

16 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Which totally explains why console players have access to (some) tennogen items (in exchange of plats).

MAYBE DE would be able to pay steam/content creator while selling the tennogen for plats if these plats weren't stocking like crazy in game.

"Steam and tennogen creator get money from the sale of tennogen items" is really a pitiful excuse.

1) steam's policies simply wouldn't allow what you're suggesting. thats just not how they work.

2) if content creators got paid on a one-time basis, you'd be looking at something on the level of creation club. not that DE would be that predatory, but in either case getting paid $100 to make a syandana that sells, lets say, +5 million copies, would be underwhelming to say the least. (ik the numbers there are skewed, but its just an example) and if you're going to suggest a system where they are paid per purchase, thats already what happens.

3) i dont find people getting paid in a fair way for their work pitiful at all.

4) as for the tennogen skins available for platinum on console, the same skins are also available on pc. This is because it was a contest held on the forums. so saying "console players get tennogen for play, why can't we?" doesn't really apply.

thats the way i see it at least. sorry for the paragraph, lel

My biggest and only problem with much of the merch for anything that I like is that it is pretty much all US based and costs me a fortune to buy and ship, I can generally never get any of the things I really like as there seems to be no way in hell any of the companies will invest in distributors outside of the US, makes me so sad. 

On 2/22/2018 at 6:03 PM, Trichouette said:

Wouldn't be such an issue if tennogen was purchasable with plats. Players are already paying for an ingame currency in order to buy cosmetics and on top of it they have to pay real money for some OTHER cosmetics (that are often way better than the ones purchasable with plats).

Either you put all the prices as premium currency (platinum) or as real money, mixing both feels like a huge scam (and actually, it is, just look at the prices) especially when you look at the "real currency // premium currency" rate.

I second this comment.  Are there any plans to make Tennogen purchasable with Plat for PC?

On a different note, I get the impression that many Tennogen warframe skins are more restricted than Prime and Deluxe warframe skins when it comes to texture bounds.  Anyone else feel that way?

On 2/23/2018 at 2:24 AM, Sean said:

I don't know.... whenever I see things like this, it gives a "We're doing this so we don't have to actually come up with anything" vibe.

Is that a bad thing? Developers can improve the game by letting others improve it for them plus they can work on something else. It's like Tennogen it's a win-win situation

37 minutes ago, BlueFan99 said:

Is that a bad thing? Developers can improve the game by letting others improve it for them plus they can work on something else. It's like Tennogen it's a win-win situation

Not when the devs start using it to replace any need for them to put in effort. Zephyr's Deluxe being a "passion project" for a while now is only part of that when it comes to Tennogen. Pretty much a way to generate easy money when they can just use the community and only need to put a small bit of effort in.

On February 22, 2018 at 7:19 PM, [DE]Megan said:

e56ebdc36e74c558615b49ce35c8e49c.jpg

Pick up Tenno-designed Warframe merch today!

Warframe put out the challenge to design Warframe merchandise and Tenno delivered in spades! 

Now we’re taking a select handful of t-shirt designs made by Tenno all around the world and teaming up with For Fans By Fans to make it a reality. As an added bonus, this merchandise works like TennoGen, so purchasing a t-shirt supports the artist who created it as well!

Also, if you purchase any Warframe item at For Fans By Fans between February 22 and March 8, you’ll have a chance to win Mirage Prime Access (all platforms)!

Use the Promo code TENNO at checkout and receive free shipping (US domestic) until February 24th at 11:59PM - don’t miss your chance! 

Check out the incredible designs created entirely by the Warframe community over on For Fans By Fans.

*Please direct all questions to https://www.forfansbyfans.com/contactus

On 2018-02-24 at 4:05 AM, Kelindor said:

1) steam's policies simply wouldn't allow what you're suggesting. thats just not how they work.

2) if content creators got paid on a one-time basis, you'd be looking at something on the level of creation club. not that DE would be that predatory, but in either case getting paid $100 to make a syandana that sells, lets say, +5 million copies, would be underwhelming to say the least. (ik the numbers there are skewed, but its just an example) and if you're going to suggest a system where they are paid per purchase, thats already what happens.

3) i dont find people getting paid in a fair way for their work pitiful at all.

4) as for the tennogen skins available for platinum on console, the same skins are also available on pc. This is because it was a contest held on the forums. so saying "console players get tennogen for play, why can't we?" doesn't really apply.

thats the way i see it at least. sorry for the paragraph, lel

All Tennogen is available for plat on console. Everything in the market can be bought with plat, except for prime access and the exclusive xbox\ps packs. Rest is all free. 

On 24/02/2018 at 4:52 PM, ukhooligan said:

DE can you please get a UK/European  distributor as VAT/customs charges here in the UK are a joke.

Some really good designs there as well but alas u might have too miss out.

I fully support this, knowing at least 20 people in the NL personally that play and would buy items if the shipping didn't break their wallets. Something to consider. 

Archived