Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 9.5: Operation Arid Fear

[DE]Rebecca

Any chance of a new, improved firing sound for the Dera as well (at least the Tenno version) because it sounds utterly rubbish, like it's just spitting! At the moment, it just feels like a waste of a Forma

Here's an example of energy weapon sounds done right:

(can't remember how to embed)

I'd appreciate new sounds for both the Dera and the Flux. 

Particularly the Dera as its my favourite at the momment. The new reload animations with actual moving parts are a nice touch, but I still can't get over the pathetic little "pew pew pew". We know DE has a dedicated sound team now, so lets hear some stuff from them along these lines: 

Flux: 

Dera: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qaBU-BBhL_w

Update just GREAT!

But event just boring, because no significant reward for it, only reward(badge) need only 1point.

No need to complete it more than once (but if that was DE's target, then everything is fine)

EDIT: just found mod rewards will be. Now I'm happy!

Edited by RubAxy

The new idle poses are awful. I don't feel like playing with my Nyx anymore. Poor Nyx...

Agreed...I feel that while the poses were nice, they shouldn't have been added for the same reason voices won't (or shouldn't) be.

Poses create personality, all this time we've each created a personality for our favorite frames, some of these poses will create a clash. Change, generally speaking, isn't accepted easily, and when it comes to this? pretty serious change for some.

Update just GREAT!

But event just boring, because no significant reward for it, only reward(badge) need only 1point.

No need to complete it more than once (but if that was DE's target, then everything is fine)

EDIT: just found mod rewards will be. Now I'm happy!

Edit due to quote edit: Enjoy :P

Edited by Ameretat

thanks, but i ask about 

• Added custom reload sounds for Strun, Dera, Supra, Gorgon, Ignis, Grakata, Acrid, Kraken, Hek, and Lex.

that's just reload sound? can you change shooting sound for strun and gorgon? many times change but not quite good. still disappointing that sound now. i really glad if that weapon fix that sound.

Vasto need a new reload animation. It's a revolver not a pistol! (correct me if revolvers and pistols are the same)

Not all pistols are revolvers.

Most, but not all revolvers are pistols.

Vasto is a pistol and a revolver.

I see a lot of people loving and hating the new idles. Honestly this doesn't bug me, Its COSMETIC boys and girls, its not game breaking in any way. but it would be nice to allow the player to choose their idle.

The dojo thing is horrifying, and the only solution that seems reasonable is the "destroy all" button everyone is asking for. Please DE, I have cookies for you.

And lastly, for all those people that did not read the whole first post, but stopped by to *@##$ about the new weapons. They are not going to stay plat only forever. They said that if we succeed in completing the event, we get the blueprints for the new toys from the new grineer settlement missions.

I am very upset how DE is doing this event, they didn't mention that there would be many parts to the event.
How many times will we have to go to 100%?
They should have just added all the grinding into one 100% bar session, so irritating this company is.
I wonder how many people will quit and go on to other things cause to tell you the truth the grind thing
is getting way old and the game needs a new trick or many people i think will stop playing warframe.
Whats sad is many folks already have stopped playing which concerns me a lot.
special events should be like having a clan alliance up to eight players or the use of all warframes to kill a mega difficult big boss in an open world or something.

Edited by 911nsidejob

I just wonder who DE was "responding to" when they changed Rhino again. I use Rhino most of the time and I liked the spikey look! Now when his Iron Skin is on he doeasn't look like he is wrapped in foil - just like he has lumps of foil pasted on here and there. I wish DE would have just made it an option, I would pick the spikes if I had a choice.

Edited by magusat999

They should have changed the sound of the Fragor - it sounds like a canned comedy bounce sound (kind of like "bouuuuuned!") instead of a massive hammer smashing whatever it hits. Sounds more like something Ren and Stimpy should be using rather than a seriously violent space ninja....

Edited by magusat999

This event in general bugs me. It is not that that the event is multiphasic or that the devs didn't state the whole set of rewards at the beginning of the weekend, but the execution and type of event.  Once again we have a weekend event where we have to farm up mats/objects in regular playstyle missions, then use said mats/objects to enter a special mission type.  However, we have to invite many people to maximize the point reward of this event and even then the points can vary, not to mention the buggy party invite system.  A I agree with other posters that it is silly to make an event a grind.  I and many others beleive that an event should be something special, and not a weekend waster that rewards people who give up that precious family and chill time to grind out well over 50 alerts for getting parts and running corpus voids.  Please DE, in the future create interesting mechanics, challenges and something that won't make me smack my head against a wall because I would like this amazing new mod that replaces my others.  I love your game but when I saw the requirements for the full set of mods to be rewarded, I instantly decided to play a different game, because theres now way i'm gonna waste that much time grinding when I can have fun.

I just wonder who DE was "responding to" when they changed Rhino again. I use Rhino most of the time and I liked the spikey look! Now when his Iron Skin is on he doeasn't look like he is wrapped in foil - just like he has lumps of foil pasted on here and there. I wish DE would have just made it an option, I would pick the spikes if I had a choice.

As much as these - and other graphical "fixes" like the idles and reloads - would be nice as a user-defined option.

That's really pretty difficult to implement, from a programming perspective. 

You have to put in quite a bit of effort to get the game to recognise and allow multiple variations of textures/models for multiple players, depending on which option they have set in the character customiser. At the momment the most we have are colours and alternate helms. You'd have to make power effects into togglable skins of some sort - and to be honest, I think they're right to be focusing on other things for the moment. 

Thats not to say it couldn't happen one day, or shouldn't. 

I know I always say this but this time you even changed the diorama on login but still, we can only move cursor within the typing fields with arrows... pretty old-school for a sci-fi game. Not that I will riot if you don't fix that (what would that accomplish... how one riots anyways...) but would be nice.

____________  _ _  ____________

WotV_logo_gold_small.png

Theramalse, on 11 Aug 2013 - 06:36 AM, said:

I see a lot of people loving and hating the new idles. Honestly this doesn't bug me, Its COSMETIC boys and girls, its not game breaking in any way. but it would be nice to allow the player to choose their idle.

It's breaking my game. I don't want to see my frames in such stupid idle poses. DE haven't fixed all bugs with colorable powers (for example: not natural acid red color of Ember's fire by default, so I stopped to play her; or different power colors for host and client) and now they gave me another thing to hate. These cosmetic elements affect the perception of the game. Sometimes it's more important than other things. And it's very bad when devs doesn't give us choice. I want old universal idle animation and pose for each frame. I don't want anyone to personalize them for me. What's next? Unique taunts and voices for each frame? Hell, No!

And I want back the old design for my Dual Ether, Ether Sword and Ether Daggers! They look very bad now. I hate this "new extra-shiny" design.

Edited by AntLion