Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

REMOVE THE CONDROC RIVEN MOD MISSION

GrimAtrament

On 2018-02-25 at 2:41 PM, hazerddex said:

It's litterally impossible to complete. thier are NEVER groups of 3 condrocs flying within 5 seconds of each other.

Its just pure bs.

I had the same Riven Challenge today. It took me about 6 or 7 tries to beat it but this challenge is more frustrating than challenging. I tend to see pleny of them near a Grineer Camp close to Windmill. But yeah it’s a very lame Riven Challenge.

Honestly the only hard part of this Riven is how infrequently the Condrocs spawn (I spent 20 minutes running around just trying to find a flock once), and for that reason I'd advocate for increased Condroc spawns. As for the challenge itself, it's pretty easy; frames and weapons with AoE damage are your friends for this one.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Le 25/02/2018 à 15:41, hazerddex a dit :

It's litterally impossible to complete. thier are NEVER groups of 3 condrocs flying within 5 seconds of each other.

Its just pure bs.

just go near ocean on the left, always have 3-4 condrocs flying there, super easy challenge !!

On 2018-03-11 at 7:07 AM, W3zeer said:

Took me a good hour to complete it, until I used a fish(oil)-wing. after a few more tries I got it, but I totally agree, this challenge is the worst currently there, due to a bad spawnrate. In general I dislike the high number of PoE challenges compared to others, seeing that the plains are only a really small part of the game.

You and OP must be having a completely different experience because I see groups of condrocs sitting around everywhere.

They're like damn roaches.

Go to plains of eidolon, go left immediately upon entering until you reach the coast. Towards the barrier to the left there's two flying around, not helpful. Go right along the coast past a small dock-like encampment to a taller spire like structure on the beach. I've found four flying around every time, I just wait for a couple to overlap and spray with my twin grakata then waste the others. 

Update: I had a second one with a different secondary condition and I just went to unlock it, success again, done in the couple minutes it took me to boost over with zephyr and get them all on screen together

Edited by (XB1)DoubleDeicide

1 hour ago, (XB1)DoubleDeicide said:

Go to plains of eidolon, go left immediately upon entering until you reach the coast. Towards the barrier to the left there's two flying around, not helpful. Go right along the coast past a small dock-like encampment to a taller spire like structure on the beach. I've found four flying around every time, I just wait for a couple to overlap and spray with my twin grakata then waste the others. 

Update: I had a second one with a different secondary condition and I just went to unlock it, success again, done in the couple minutes it took me to boost over with zephyr and get them all on screen together

Yeah was just about to mention those ambient Condroc around the coastal grineer bases do indeed count towards these rivens and are almost always there. 

Significantly easier than finding a group of Condrocs and spooking them, at least in my experience. 

OK.. OP YOU ARE NOT FLAWED!  AND NO everyone who is having no problems with this is not some super god.

I was having issues as well.  I would fly out to the spire and nail like 5 in a row and get one maybe 2.  Like clockwork.  And then I finished the pest control achievement. ( you know kill 100 animals on the plains?)

A couple of my clan mates had WONDERED about that damn achievement.

Spent an hour running around frustrated and started killing the rabbit things just out of spite, tried the birds, couldn't get it to pop.  The achievement finished and then I found a spot of 2.. killed them and got 1 and 2 kills on the riven no problem.  Left, came back, went to the spire and just pop pop pop and got it done easy peasy!

SO if this is GIVING YOU HELL.  FINISH PEST CONTROL!!!  Its counter interrupts the riven counter! Once its out of the way this is actually EASY.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried those condrocs that always spawn in the coast? Likely too far away from each other even for equinox aura, just a thought.

Edit: people beat me to it. But they're no good if you got the 5 second condition which I do.

Edited by BoarWarrior

Get to the western side of the map, the ocean coast. Close to where the huge stone with the grineer base is, there are pretty much always 3 to 4 flying condrocs. Use a quick firing weapon (akstilettos or soma for example). Had this challenge multiple times, and this is an easy way to resolve it.

€ Make sure you have all on one screen, so distance might be 50 to 60 meters. Should still be an easy catch.

Edited by Excea