Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma - Spectral Scream change to new beam mechanic.

IfritKajiTora

Veteran MR25 player here with Chroma in TOP 3 Favourite Warframes.

With new beam gun mechanic, Chroma first ability "Spectral Scream" should get changed to match with new beam gun and work like ignis. Several status effects per second and should be boosted by primary weapon mods (even fire rate, critical chance, critical damage and status chance mods should affect it) all damage type from mods should be converted to the type of damage the Chroma is using at the moment, so it should do a lot more damage than modded Ignis for example but will not be possible to strip armor with it. This ability is doing too small amount of damage even with maxed Vex armor damage buff. Ignis is 10x better and can strip armor with corrosive status pretty fast just like all other beam weapon type.
Spectral scream base crit stats: Critical chance: 15%, Critical damage: 2x.

It would be also nice to give that buff to effigy and change energy drain per second from 10 energy to 5 or 6.

That way those two abilities could become really useful rather than useless wasting energy ones.

OTHER IDEAS:

a)Spectral Scream - Every enemy affected by status chance from spectral scream, extends elemental ward by 1.5 second.

b)Spectral Scream - While using this ability Chroma is able to use melee weapons.

c)Spectral scream - instead of critical hits. Chroma randomly throws elemental balls that:

-leave lava on ground that provide extra damage (fire),

-explodes and Freeze enemies for several seconds (Ice),

-leave electric load/charges that chains to near enemies dealing small amount of damage and have chance to inflict electric status (electric),

-explode that leave gas (toxin).

Effigy - While using effigy, Vex armor timer is stopped. While using elemental ward, effigy emits the same aura as elemental ward, that can buff near allies, does not stack with the same elemental ward by the same user.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

hace 38 minutos, IfritKajiTora dijo:

Spectral scream - instead of critical hits. Chroma randomly throws elemental balls that:

-leave lava on ground that provide extra damage (fire),

-explodes and Freeze enemies for several seconds (Ice),

-leave electric load/charges that chains to near enemies dealing small amount of damage and have chance to inflict electric status (electric),

-explode that leave gas (toxin).

This would be a nice add to Chroma, giving him CC

hace 39 minutos, IfritKajiTora dijo:

primary weapon mods

It would be a nice addition, but keep in mind the balance of the game, maybe a portion of the stats of the mods?

I really like this idea and it'd bring a new gameplay mechanic to Chroma :D

17 hours ago, Losdekli said:

It would be a nice addition, but keep in mind the balance of the game, maybe a portion of the stats of the mods?

i mean they could just the rate of fire/dmg per tick of spectral scream to work more akin to an ignis and then apply mods

right now spectral scream has a very low fire rate and very high base dmg(for a beam) so its really weird

Yeah, his first should either go or be affected by primary mods. Because if you choose between what we've got right now and your weapon, you just go with a weapon.

I also feel like Spectral scream should have its range locked to 20, but hey, maybe that's just me running Narrow minded on him all the time.

Actually, the fact that we can't use weapons and Spectral scream at the same time might be it's main issue.

I've seen this idea floating around. 10/10 would support.  The beam mechanics are in a pretty good place right now and I would love to see Spectral Scream get some real utility and power.  After all, dragons are supposed to be feared for their ability to cause mass damage quickly and indiscriminately by flying over victims and lighting them up!

I really like the ideas in this thread, especially his spectral scream dealing damage ticks as a the new beam weapons do.

I always thought it would be nice for him to fire of an actual beam at the start and occasionally over the duration of  spectral scream as well, like his afterburn augment. Maybe they could change his after burn augment to work like Mesa’s 1, or even embers new 4, or even both! Since it’s an augment, deals, it’s ability deals less damage while covering less range, and locks him out of other actions.

i like the idea of his 1 scaling with weapon mods less. I don’t think it’s necessary to make his 1 a better performing/feeling ability.

Edited by BigPapiPimp

so, i realize that chroma needs to heal constantly at high levels due to the recent-ish changes to vex armor as his EHP took a big dive

why not add some healing gimmick to spectral scream? like a tiny % of life leech based on dmg dealt with it

13 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

so, i realize that chroma needs to heal constantly at high levels due to the recent-ish changes to vex armor as his EHP took a big dive

why not add some healing gimmick to spectral scream? like a tiny % of life leech based on dmg dealt with it

There's an interesting idea to explore.  Perhaps they could tie it into his elemental ward buffs? Fire would restore health, electricity would restore health, ice would add an additional decaying armor buff, and toxic would grant an additional buff to movement speed/fire rate.  Not the greatest idea but it's interesting.

Also, keep in mind that fire aura can act as a quick heal and also stacks with his armor bonuses better than ice. Of course ice aura also has a damage reflection property.

But I still want beam mechanics on spectral scream!

15 minutes ago, SixDimensions said:

There's an interesting idea to explore.  Perhaps they could tie it into his elemental ward buffs? Fire would restore health, electricity would restore health, ice would add an additional decaying armor buff, and toxic would grant an additional buff to movement speed/fire rate.  Not the greatest idea but it's interesting.

Also, keep in mind that fire aura can act as a quick heal and also stacks with his armor bonuses better than ice. Of course ice aura also has a damage reflection property.

But I still want beam mechanics on spectral scream!

if they let us freely change elements inside missions by making ward into a minelayer/quiver-type skill and allowed us to recast it we could just use fire for healing

and while sure fire can currently act as panic healing, having the bonus armor from ice and projectile deflection up at all times is just too good to pass up

8 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

and while sure fire can currently act as panic healing, having the bonus armor from ice and projectile deflection up at all times is just too good to pass up

The real benefit from ice is the deflection though. Because of how armor is calculated you actually get more EHP from the fire element than the ice

1 minute ago, SixDimensions said:

The real benefit from ice is the deflection though. Because of how armor is calculated you actually get more EHP from the fire element than the ice

more EHP, but with fire each HP is worth less than with ice, also as u said deflection is too god, specially since it lets me deflect bombard rockets that would otherwise destroy my  sentinel

Edited by TKDancer

7 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

more EHP, but with fire each HP is worth less than with ice, also as u said deflection is too god, specially since it lets me deflect bombard rockets that would otherwise destroy my  sentinel

Oh ice is absolutely king with the deflection. Without it though fire would certainly be better.  While each HP may be more with ice than fire, the EHP for fire is still significantly better because you have a high armor value including vex armor plus significantly more health.  Also the panic heal is useful. When Eidolons first showed up I was using fire chroma for exactly that reason.