Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon hunts need a lot of fixing ASAP

ngrazer

2 hours ago, Maserith said:

Adding on to this topic, these bugs all continue to remain unaddressed, even getting worse. It is now possible to fatally disconnect from the squad upon passing through the gates to Cetus, causing a host migration and all progress and rewards to be lost. This has made Eidolon hunting essentially impossible at this time. 

Same here, over the last few days, every single time I hunted all 3 eidolons I would disconnect during extraction and lose all loot. This makes hunting quite frustrating.

There seems to be no problem when I fight only the first one or the first two eidolons.

I suggest making it so that the rewards are saved when the game detects the eidolon is captured/killed. 

I play on a low-end notebook, Windows 7. I am the best friend of pc freezes and network problems, but in this case it's 100% due to bugs.

Still bumping this thread to no end .. Almost all the problem aren't fixed.. Except maybe for the Void Strike one..

Il y a 10 heures, Eqnum a dit :

Here are some fixes that I've been able to find when certain bugs happen and how to avoid them.

1. Never use the bounty. I know it's there and for those who want to do public matchmaking, but if you are going for the whole set and with a group made from the recruitment chat. It is best that you avoid bugging yourself by starting that bounty. Also noticed that the eidolon tends to teleport a lot when you enter with the bounty activate.
  2. Never start from Cetus. Going to point at the 1st point, it avoids having the shrine not activating too. 
  3. If you returned from a (failed) capture and invite someone from Cetus to go back into the plains, DON'T. This will most of the time result in the shrine not activating. It is best that the remaining of the squad goes back to their ship, everyone in the squad, and enter the plains from your ship.

4. Start from your ship and load directly into the plains. Has worked 100% of the times with me, and haven't had a single issue.

You can still do the set of 3 by entering directly to free roam. As long that you capture the eidolon successfully you can continue, even without activating the bounty.

If you happen to fail the capture, cash out at the gate and gather the rest of the squad back at your ship to reenter straight to free roam.
Many times have I had it where someone in the group kills the Teralyst before having all the lures active just to return back to Cetus and then the plains end up with the shrine not activating..

Yeah.. sucks that we have to do it this way, but it works and it's a workaround to the current bugs until they are fixed.

Good luck to you all!

And Yeah a lot of this is working.. But There was one time the Shrine didn't worked , even with all the thing you said ...  But yeah these are really great advices for the other people that didn't knew about that ^^

11 hours ago, Eqnum said:

Here are some fixes that I've been able to find when certain bugs happen and how to avoid them.

1. Never use the bounty. I know it's there and for those who want to do public matchmaking, but if you are going for the whole set and with a group made from the recruitment chat. It is best that you avoid bugging yourself by starting that bounty. Also noticed that the eidolon tends to teleport a lot when you enter with the bounty activate.
  2. Never start from Cetus. Going to point at the 1st point, it avoids having the shrine not activating too. 
  3. If you returned from a (failed) capture and invite someone from Cetus to go back into the plains, DON'T. This will most of the time result in the shrine not activating. It is best that the remaining of the squad goes back to their ship, everyone in the squad, and enter the plains from your ship.

4. Start from your ship and load directly into the plains. Has worked 100% of the times with me, and haven't had a single issue.

You can still do the set of 3 by entering directly to free roam. As long that you capture the eidolon successfully you can continue, even without activating the bounty.

If you happen to fail the capture, cash out at the gate and gather the rest of the squad back at your ship to reenter straight to free roam.
Many times have I had it where someone in the group kills the Teralyst before having all the lures active just to return back to Cetus and then the plains end up with the shrine not activating..

Yeah.. sucks that we have to do it this way, but it works and it's a workaround to the current bugs until they are fixed.

Good luck to you all!

Except I've encountered this bug more than once despite loading from the orbiter directly, so it doesn't really guarantee a success.

However, we've discovered one possible workaround for when the shrine is inactive for only some players - affected players should jump into the water or die, that should make the shrine active again for them. Didn't do much testing on that yet, as I'm too frustrated with the whole experience at the moment.

I always activate the bounty as I go with randoms. I had the teleporting problem only once and the shrine problem a couple of times. It's not a big deal. Still, thanks for the tips. 

My main problem is host migration on extraction when hunting all 3 eidolon, any suggestion for that? 

Glad to see some fixes in the latest update.

I also appreciate changes towards shard refund if something goes wrong before the big bois spawn, but it would be good to see a fix for the shrine not being interactive. Also, what the post above said - void strike lockout is really annoying.

il y a 32 minutes, PonasJuliusLT a dit :

Void strike bug is very annoying: you die with stacks, you can't use it the entire run. Gamebreaking I would say since the shield damage suffers a lot. Teleporting Eidolons is the second issue.

Sure But if people can't rezz you quick enough there is a problem.. But Yeah I agree Void Strike Bug is annoying ..  But as far as i see they probably fixed the shrine not accepting shard.. Can't test it either

Edited by MunsuLight

2 minutes ago, MunsuLight said:

Sure But if people can't rezz you quick enough there is a problem.. But Yeah I agree Void Strike Bug is annoying ..  But as far as i see they probably fixed the shrine not accepting shard.. Can't test it either

I always play with groups formed through recruiting channel and I only experienced the shrine bug once: when one guy left and bugged us. That was the only time in like 70+ runs. The void strike and teleportation thing can be experienced every 3rd night or so which, according to me, is a bigger issue.

il y a une heure, PonasJuliusLT a dit :

I always play with groups formed through recruiting channel and I only experienced the shrine bug once: when one guy left and bugged us. That was the only time in like 70+ runs. The void strike and teleportation thing can be experienced every 3rd night or so which, according to me, is a bigger issue.

Yeah .. But as I said on another thread.. We are still destroying them .. So I think that they don't care about fixing them that much.. But I could be wrong

After the new update we could place and remove radiant shards but it seemed like one of my squadmates client was denying that so every time he placed/removed his shard someone else's shard disappeared.

So no hydro capture in this run and after that all clients except the host crashed when we went for a new run. :facepalm:that was not a productive night

Edited by God_of_Salt

13 hours ago, God_of_Salt said:

After the new update we could place and remove radiant shards but it seemed like one of my squadmates client was denying that so every time he placed/removed his shard someone else's shard disappeared.

So no hydro capture in this run and after that all clients except the host crashed when we went for a new run. :facepalm:that was not a productive night

That^. I've gotten so many bugs out of this most recent hotfix I'd never seen before. Lure icons freeze so I have no idea how many are active or if they're charged. Various other player names get frozen in one spot on my screen. Damage #s on the synovia hits all being 0000 (even when the shields are down and the shot breaks it, so clearly damage was being done). Basically a ton of HUD issues I've never had before. Add on the shard add/remove bug preventing the gantulyst from spawning until we all removed and replaced our shards and it's been incredibly annoying. Add on my focus passives not being active in game but enabled in the trees (naramon affinity boost, for instance) and this is killing me.

*Sigh*

Just did a test run to see how the hitboxes and madurai have been 'fixed'.

1. Regarding the Madurai Void Strike damage buff.

I've been thinking that maybe - maybe - there is a problem with AoE weapons and Void Strike somehow applies to AoE effect solely rather than to the main shot? Shraksun, Shwaak, Granmu, Pencha - all of these have AoE. So I've decided to did the test with Raplak prism (121) and GOD FREAKING DAMN IT.

Test 1.1: Raplak with 10x, 6 stacks. Damages are: 225, 472, 472, 472, 225, 472.

Test 1.2: Raplak, the regular one. Damages are: 60, 60, 64, 60, 40, 60.

Test 2.1: Raplak with 10x, 8 stacks. Damages are: 220, 460, 220, 220, 220, 220, 460, 220.

Test 2.2: Raplak, the regular one. Damages are: 40, 40, 40, 40, 40, 40, 40, 40.

During these tests there was a detail (I think you've already noticed what I'm talking about) that caught my eye. That's right, I'm talking about that strange 220 under 10x buff damage numbers. So I started damaging Teralyst like hell without Void Strike buffs to see if I'm not mistaken and guess what? I've NEVER seen ~20 (220/10 yeah, simple math) damage. 40 was the lowest I've seen. WHY.

2. Regarding the hitboxes.

I was reeeally excited to see hitboxes in the 'fixed' section but my oh my. Screenshots are self-explanatory.

Spoiler

f14KTQC.jpg

mg4p5oa.jpg

J9TKPzf.jpg

j0UtmEr.jpg

rNcgr5D.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Helpful thread, I had spend all of my shards on Void Strike after reading how good it was supposed to be for Eidolon hunting. When I actually used it though, it didn't increase my damage anywhere near as much as I had expected from a 5x multiplier - to the point where I actually stopped using Madurai at all, in disappointment.

At least now I know the reason.

Months later and barely anything has been addressed. Issues like frame abilities suddenly not working become a BIG problem when you're trin and can't bless. Why isn't any of this being fixed? People spend alot of time and effort to get their gear just right and learn how to do everything just so, then some ridiculous bug nixes the whole mission just as the night cycle is over. Why bother?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like eidolon hunting but the bugs... did 6 runs today and all of them had multiple bugs . Randoms eidolon shard appearing when entering the plains , just did a run and was getting random eidolon shards (in the loading room , and behind the terralist) , i play Chroma did not die all day , died 4 times in 5 minutes on my last run because of unknown to me things .

Garry - fix at least him PLEASE for the love of god, the triple teleport while we have 6 charged lure near him is just...(game breaking bug for Chroma because i loose my buff since i  have to get in archwing, and he gets all his shields back really?) . 

Random disconnects while we where charging void strike for 15 minutes.

Played for a week trying to get 3x4 . Best i did was 3x3 and 1x2 just because of the teleports . I get a realy good team where we can just kill them and the spawn , they keep teleporting. The frustration  out of eidolon hunting is just too much , i have started playng about 3 months ago , and unfortunately i think i'l just delete and forget , i like WF but inability to fix the bugs for such a long time might just be too much.

• 2 weeks later...

They dont mention it .. because it is not the "mainline" update anymore I guess.. This is kind of problem with DE in general.. Once they moved on one of their "project" they tend to not bugfixe it ... Let's look at every plain bug still here.. All the Eidolons bugs still here ..

I still love the game a lot .. probably one of my favorite game I played .. but this is kinda dishearthening ...  I know they put a lot of effort.. But I just dont understand the lack of fixes for thing for more than .. what 3 months for Eidolons, that were supposed to replace the buggy raids (I didnt play raid.. but the main reason they removed them were the bug) ? So could we please have a bug free Eidolon hunt ?

Edited by MunsuLight
  • Like 1