Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reset Dojo Feature... :x

MeduSalem

First I want to thank for introducing the new update today with the new grid system for the Dojo-Pieces, which are cool because they are now a little bit smaller and more "slim-lined", look more cleaned up now and are overall the way the pieces should've been designed beforehand. *thumbs up* :)

But now to the frustrating part: I was happy to read about the Dojo-Update but also nearly started to pull my hair out when I read the update notes, since I spent the whole last week of my free time rebuilding our clan dojo from scratch. Problem was our dojo got way too stretched out so we redesigned it with multiple floors and one bigger floor to fit all the reactors.

While rebuilding the Dojo most of the time wasn't wasted because of placing and spending the pieces, rather than destroying each piece and waiting 2 hours to do so until the next piece could be delayed for destruction. With multiple chains of rooms it's needless to say it took me days alone to queue piece by piece for destruction before eventually rebuilding our dojo and adapting it to the new design.

Since I worked out a masterplan for future expansion based on the old gridsystem and recommendations from my Warlord (better not tell him about the Dojo-Update for now since he will be mad >:D ) and Teammembers, it's also needless to say that the plan is pretty useless now and needs to be redone once again, scrapping everything in our dojo, turning me into a mad scientist too, going on a grineer-killingspree ;D because the new connectorpieces won't fit at all with the old grid, especially looping designs (both horizontal and vertical with elevators involved)...  I'm pretty sure I'm not the only Dojo Architect with that problem. :P

That's why I recommend at least one of the following things to be implemented:

- A radical reduction of destruction time from 2 hours to about 15-30min, which should be more than enough if you change your mind and don't want it to be scrapped or put it for destruction on accident.
- Beeing able to queue multiple pieces at once for destruction so you don't have to login on a 2 hours routine to queue the pieces one by one.

- To reset the clan dojo to nothing but the Clan Hall, moving all resources back to the vault... Even if it took 24, 48 or more hours to scrap the whole dojo, because you wouldn't have to do it yourself one by one, which would be a relief to any Dojo Architect, and it would still be faster than destroying every single piece one after another, especially if your Dojo is very big and doesn't support very much parallel destruction like our first failed labyrinth dojo.

That are my thoughts on how the transition to the new grid system could be made easier and worthwhile for existing clans. :D

- Medu

I'm surprised they didn't just put a "Convert this room to new model" button on each console. The room gets covered in blue stuff instead of red stuff like when you're deleting it and bam, 12/24 hours later, new version instead of making us redecorate with a wrecking ball that moves at one swing a year. 

I too had spent the past week working on my dojo alone and now have to completely redo it and replan it. I feel your pain.

Love the new designs and stuff though.

I'm surprised they didn't just put a "Convert this room to new model" button on each console. The room gets covered in blue stuff instead of red stuff like when you're deleting it and bam,

Problem is that the old rooms don't fit the new grid layout, yes there could be some conversion process but it would be complicated and converted rooms would be offset from the non-converted rooms making it impossible to move around.

I am NOT spending 2 hours per tile deleting halls only to spend 12 hours rebuilding them again. This is ridiculous, I don't care if i get my forma back (which by the way halls should not require) my time is worth more than my money. I cant get more of it!

My clan's biggest worry is with the research.  We have all the research done and would hate to have to 'reresearch' everything if/when we redo our dojo.  Is there any information on whether or not our research is preserved?

Research is preserved; it's not actually tied to the labs. You can actually go to another person's dojo and do your own clan's research there.

Research is preserved; it's not actually tied to the labs. You can actually go to another person's dojo and do your own clan's research there.

are we completely sure about this.... this is the only thing stopping me from converting the dojo

a reset button but that still keeps the reaserches u have done in the labs and such would be great since now we are rebuilding and are scared of deleting the labs since u cant rush that reaserches or anything so it will take atleast 12 days to get all reserches again :/

a reset button but that still keeps the reaserches u have done in the labs and such would be great since now we are rebuilding and are scared of deleting the labs since u cant rush that reaserches or anything so it will take atleast 12 days to get all reserches again :/

You can delay the labs for destruction without any problems... I did so multiple times already until I got them to the destination our clan wanted them to be. We tried both methods... Having temporary duplicates and also deleting them without having duplicates - The outcome is much the same, your researches are still there, even if there's a research ongoing at the moment. So no need to worry about that. :D

- Medu

Well i have to say I agree, as a clan master witha  rather long mutli-story dojo i have had to spend the past 18 hours roughly taring down rooms due to the 2 hour wait :/ to boot i built those rooms as a ghost clan so re building is going to be rather expensive and to boot, i had to build a generator on the original hall just to be able to tare down the rest of the rooms

My clan's biggest worry is with the research.  We have all the research done and would hate to have to 'reresearch' everything if/when we redo our dojo.  Is there any information on whether or not our research is preserved?

research is presearved my good man, you will only lose research if it is not completed yet (still has a timer yaknow)