The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Parts & BP for Plat? Ducats? Craft?

Hasteo

Question

Hey All!

Been playing Warframe for just about 3 weeks now and this game is truly something!

There so much to do in this game that I'm having a hard time focusing on what I should do next. Which leads me into my question.. I've done some relic farming and relic missions to get some prime parts and blueprints. I've already sold some parts so I could pickup Primed Point Blank and I've kept some parts to potentially craft and I've got a duplicate Ember Prime Chassis that I can sell for Plat.

What should I focus on doing with my Prime Parts that I have been farming? Sell for Plat? Ducats? or just craft them?

To give some background of where I'm at in Warframe currently;

In the 3 weeks I bought 2 Pinnacle Packs from Steam which had a 50% off sale and I got 1800 plat + credits, boosters and other small goodies.

I bought Ember Prime (0), Loki Prime (0) & Frost Prime (0) blueprints farmed their mats and crafted them.

I have Excal (MAX), Rhino (MAX), Mag (MAX), Nyx (0), Frost (2) & Oberon (0).

I bought some fashion frame items, color pallets & slots and currently left with 601 plat.

Just unlocked Saturn.

I feel like all 3 options are viable for me right now but should I be focusing on one over the others?

Any advise is appreciated, thanks fellow Tenno's! 

6 answers to this question

If there's a Frame or weapon you don't have yet, always build it first and level it up to 30 for that mastery. For things you already have, warframe.market is a good place to go to check on prices. My personal policy is that if I can get 10 plat or more for a Prime part, I'll sell it in Trading. If it's worth less than that, I give it to Baro for Ducats.

3 minutes ago, Hasteo said:

Hey All!

Been playing Warframe for just about 3 weeks now and this game is truly something!

There so much to do in this game that I'm having a hard time focusing on what I should do next. Which leads me into my question.. I've done some relic farming and relic missions to get some prime parts and blueprints. I've already sold some parts so I could pickup Primed Point Blank and I've kept some parts to potentially craft and I've got a duplicate Ember Prime Chassis that I can sell for Plat.

What should I focus on doing with my Prime Parts that I have been farming? Sell for Plat? Ducats? or just craft them?

To give some background of where I'm at in Warframe currently;

In the 3 weeks I bought 2 Pinnacle Packs from Steam which had a 50% off sale and I got 1800 plat + credits, boosters and other small goodies.

I bought Ember Prime (0), Loki Prime (0) & Frost Prime (0) blueprints farmed their mats and crafted them.

I have Excal (MAX), Rhino (MAX), Mag (MAX), Nyx (0), Frost (2) & Oberon (0).

I bought some fashion frame items, color pallets & slots and currently left with 601 plat.

Just unlocked Saturn.

I feel like all 3 options are viable for me right now but should I be focusing on one over the others?

Any advise is appreciated, thanks fellow Tenno's! 

If you don't own then, craft them. If you do, sell them. 

If you have the patience, buy low sell high on trade chat. I don't and there is almost nothing you can actually finish because they put at least one piece of every set in neo or axi so you can't farm those yet. I'm new too so I'm sure someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong. After you've got some plat then buy full sets for what you want. Trying to find pieces to finish a set is hard sometimes but it can save you plat. That goes back to the patience thing though. Are you patient?

That being said of you're impatient like me, ducat anything 15 ducats worth, and sell the rest to the buy low sell high guys for a quick plat fix. If you get enough ducats that you don't feel you need more save the ducat fodder until the day Baro leaves and gouge the prime junk market 5 for whatever you want. Normally it's 5 for 10 but people get desperate especially when he has good items and people are short on ducats like last weekend.

Another thought on the ducat thing is you could keep all the items and sell them to the ducat buyers based on the ducat value. With the limited trade count that might get you more millage.

Edited by GOLDNROD
Another thought

For me only sell your stuff for ducat if it is

Paris prime

Burston Prime

Braton Prime

Lex prime

Pars Prime

Orthos prime

Why tho? because they will never be vaulted (i think) and they are relatively very easy to aquire.

Edited by --Q--XFA

Build first for mastery...

Sell for plats if you can make an amount of plat that seems worth it...

Sell for ducats to get yourself awesome stuff.... OR buy primed/cool stuff to sell to others for lots of plats..

Dont sell for ducats until you actually need them.. you may finish off entire sets of parts for stuff and be able to fetch a higher plat price.

The quality of prime part  common/uncommon/rare determines its price at Baro.   I was thinking of saving rare stuff (100 ducats a pop) and trying to sell them to people  X amount of ducats for X amount of plats...  but that involves popping radiant relics and im to busy going after things I need lol.  But if you know what those items are you can sometimes grab them for free as other people pop their rads.