Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with Baza Build

(PSN)TheDrift-

Question

So I managed to get a great riven last night Crit dam/dam/multi

I am dropping split chamber to be replaced by the riven...so my build is 

Serration/point strike/vital/argon/hunter/malignant ......the last one is normally rime rounds this takes status chance to 35% but if I put in primed cyro rounds my viral damage doubles and my status chance drops to around 25%

Is it really worth pushing status up to 35%, when I only need one viral to proc 25% seems good enough and I get a huge boost in damage

14 answers to this question

Drop Argon scope and put back Split Chamber, that mod is overrated 
Normally for me, if I want to go crit then I'll put corrosive instead 
Either go full crit or full status, don't do both especially with baza with the base 10% status chance
I don't have Hunter Munitions so I don't know much about it but I rather put 90/90 element mods then HM

so my build would be
Serration-Point Strike-Vital sense-Split Chamber
Pathogen Rounds-Storm Bringer-High Voltage-Malignant Force

you could swap High Voltage/Malignant force for your riven

Edit: Baza is a puncture based weapon so yea, Hunter Munitions is bad

Edited by Rabbid-

14 minutes ago, Rabbid- said:

I don't have Hunter Munitions so I don't know much about it but I rather put 90/90 element mods then HM

Edit: Baza is a puncture based weapon so yea, Hunter Munitions is bad

Hunter munitions builds are currently some of the strongest for really high levels and even though I personally don't like it, I wouldn't recommend taking it out. Also, HM (currently) does not depend on the damage types of the weapons, just on crit and total base damage. Otherwise it wouldn't even be usable on elemental weapons like Arca Plasmor. 

latest?cb=20171127022642 

No hating on this mod but you have a 65% crit chance to crit on baza with Point Strike and then, after you crit, you need to rely on 30% chance to let this mod proc when you can just put the 90/90 element mods that don't rely on more chance since they do damage without requiring chances to proc.
 Or am I missing something that's making this mod so powerful 

Edited by Rabbid-

1 minute ago, Rabbid- said:

latest?cb=20171127022642 

No hating on this mod but you have a 65% crit chance to crit on baza with Point Strike and then, after you crit, you need to rely on 30% chance to let this mod proc when you can just put the 90/90 element mods that don't rely on more chance since they do damage without requiring chances to proc.

It's the nature of the weapon. An automatic weapon can proc Hunter Munitions quite a lot. 

1 minute ago, Rabbid- said:

Maybe that's how the community thinks,
I personally would only use this if I have 100%+ cc on my weapon

That's more than fine. Personally after some extensive testing, I find the weapon truly performs a lot better with it equipped. 

This is why I'm asking! :) 

According to WF builder replacing argon with SC only gives me a 3.8% boost in damage, but drops the crit chance down from 100% to 66%... which then affects hunters...

My thinking is that by loosing a small % in damage I got a much bigger increase in Hunters procs...or am I wrong here?

Edited by (PS4)TheDrift-

14 minutes ago, Rabbid- said:

Maybe that's how the community thinks,
I personally would only use this if I have 100%+ cc on my weapon

While it's fun to watch things bleed to death not much in Warframe survives long enough.

If it does survive long enough then hunter munitions is pretty damn good. Especially on weapons that aren't slash based.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)TheDrift- said:

This is why I'm asking! :) 

According to WF builder replacing argon with SC only gives me a 3.8% boost in damage, but drops the crit chance down from 100% to 66%... which then affects hunters...

My thinking is that by loosing a small % in damage I got a much bigger increase in Hunters procs...or am I wrong here?

If it's too complicated then go to Simalcrum, you should find your answer there 

I haven't bothered to find an exact threshold for Hunter's Munitions but it's easily 50% or higher Crit Chance for most weapons.

If a high Slash weapon like Soma Prime with 50% base Slash weight had theoretically 100% Status which of course it's can't but for comparison sake this Soma using 60/60x2 Viral with 100% Status would have a 38.5% Slash weight and would produce near the same amount of Bleed DPS that Hunter's Munitions will produce on a weapon with 78% Crit chance and enough status to proc Viral without any additional Slash status procs being considered.

I say near the same because obviously Hunter's is taking up a mod slot which could be used by Primed Bane or such to improve base damage and therefore Bleed DPS. Not to mention the weapon's Slash weight can vary. Just giving an generalize example of how stupid strong that mod is. If you have a good enough Riven you can actually forgo Viral on the weapon entirely. My Soma is pure physical damage using nothing but Hunter's for it's DPS at 90% avg Slash Trigger per bullet x8.8

Before the introduction of Hunter's Munitions it wasn't actually possible for Bleed Primary to out perform a Corrosive Primary without using Continuous Misery and even then it would take much longer requiring a much higher HP pool in addition to a slightly different play style where you leave enemies to bleed to death. Hunter's isn't the end all of mods of course but it gives Status Corrosive builds a run for their money.

None of this is ideal for unarmored enemies of course.

EDIT:

Sorry for the ramble. In terms of 60/60 or Primed Cryo I don't think it will make much difference against armor only unarmored like Corpus where Primed Cryo should improve performance. Also you have the right idea with Argon's Crit + Hunter's but you also have an alternative choice. Vigilante Armaments. With Argon you will have 100% Crit that's 1.0 * 0.3 for Hunters. 0.3 * 1.9 for bullets per shot at an avg of 0.57 Avg Slash triggers per shot. However with Armaments you have 65% Crit, That's 0.65 * 0.3 for Hunters 0.19 * 2.5 bullets per shot at an avg of Slash triggers 0.4875. Considering the Set bonus and very slight Slash status increase they should be close though Argon still a little better but forcing you to Zoom to gain the bonus.

https://goo.gl/p5bcTx

Edited by Xzorn

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Rabbid-:

I find myself often switching back to a traditional corrosive crit build on many weapons which may have impressive crit stats but low damage values like Baza, Soma, Grakata etc.

If you keep shooting a target it basically evens out between viral/hunter munitions or corrosive/argon scope etc.

If I stop shooting and watch the DoT damage of hunter munitions doing its work I am far from being impressed, I don`t like the idea a enemy could die in +5 seconds once I leave him alone. I barely ever leave a enemy alone and stop attacking him half way through :crylaugh:

My basic rule for now is if Hunter Munitions can eat big chunks as it does on sniper weapons, bows etc I go for it, if it requires me to shoot something anyway and time to kill is roughly the same I don`t use it.

All in all Hunter Munitions isn`t the answer for every crit weapon in the game. It`s good on many not every!