Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help getting past 1 hour in solo survivals

8BitCardinal

Question

Im having problems breaching the 50-60 minute mark in solo survival. The longest ive gotten is 60 mins on Sedna survival, 50 mins in Mot, and 80 mins in ODS. I really cant seem to break through 50 mins in Mot, no matter what I do life support gets getting screwed over. At 30-40 minutes most of my life support capsules would have been dried up. I tend to stay in a good camping spot like the giant room with stairs and an elevator but at times enemies wont spawn which ruins my kps and life support, and sometimes rng kicks in and decides that the next three waves of enemies wont drop life support. Do you guys have any tips for solo survivals? Like good camping locations, when to activate support, how to maximize life support, when to stay and when to move, etc.

PS: Dont put something like "Go with a party" im talking about solo endurance runs specifically. And also no "Use x warframe" Im looking for tips that can translate to any warframe and not just one.

24 answers to this question

One thing that I do is put on Enemy Sense. If enemies are on your map, they will run at you faster. which means you can kill them faster and more will spawn faster. Also, you want to be in a room with a decent amount of doors, and stay in that room, as I do believe that any closed door that can be opened can act as a spawn point. The big room with stairs in the middle is a pretty good place.

Nekros or Hydroid with Augment for extra life support drops. How you build them is your choice since it depends on your play style.

Not asking why you want such but elitism or so i assume, not like this game is kinda coop and enemy spanw increases on a team anyway if you want to hear it or not, team makes it easier not just due people helping but more enemys who drop more, end of story.

I used to use the Ogris with the Napalm mod, camp in a room and just keep the door all napalmed, so anything that walked anywhere close just died. And of course the AI just freaks out and just goes into "Oh no, I am on fire" mode. But it got boring like extremely quickly. So I dont know for sure how long that will last.

2 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

Most important thing: Enemy Radar/Enemy Sense.

If enemies are seen on your map they will run to you in a much faster speed.

Is there something explaining this? First time I'm hearing of this anyway. But I'd assume it's to do with game code, if they're on your map then the game has to recognize them as existing.

Solo matches are simply broken, that's it.

Survivals won't give enough spawns for life support unless you use Nekros, reactants are not sufficient in fissures and DE will probs never fix this to force players to play Pug matches for whatever reason.

5 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Is there something explaining this? First time I'm hearing of this anyway. But I'd assume it's to do with game code, if they're on your map then the game has to recognize them as existing.

There is nothing stating it, but if you try it you will immediately see it. I remember that the first time I saw it I didn't believe it till I tried it. It is a pretty strange mechanic to be fair.

14 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Solo matches are simply broken, that's it.

They are?

UMFZs6v.jpg

Tip wise I'd say use melee, as life support drops you can pick it up pretty much instantly and it hits multiple enemies.

If you're going with a gun then Punch Through or AoE, again, to clear as many enemies as fast as possible.

48 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

They are?

Hide contents

UMFZs6v.jpg

Tip wise I'd say use melee, as life support drops you can pick it up pretty much instantly and it hits multiple enemies.

If you're going with a gun then Punch Through or AoE, again, to clear as many enemies as fast as possible.

Seconded here with a couple records
This is from a month ago
JdrDGgy.jpg

And here is the current record for longest time in survival

4 hours ago, HisHolinessAardvarkPrime said:

Seconded here with a couple records
This is from a month ago
JdrDGgy.jpg

Quite interesting how yours is 5x longer, but you only killed 3x the amount of enemies. I'm guessing later on you're getting a lot of drops from Prowl's pickpocket?

13 hours ago, NullSaint said:

Wha? You mean void traces, maybe? 

Nope, reactants.

As i noticed the corrupted spawns are especially scarce in solo interceptions  where you don't have enough time to kill while moving between points anyways unless you cc everything mostly because the majority of enemies don't spawn within affinity range.

Edited by kgabor

19 hours ago, Zahnny said:

For a long while there was a problem for frames who stay invisible long periods of time. There are two scripts at play when spawning enemies. One obviously spawns them within a radius of the player. The other relocates enemies already present who are outside a radius of the player and puts them closer then resets their pathing according to the player's location.

When a player is invisible or at an unreachable location like standing in a tree the script would fail to reset the pathing of an enemy. So over time you'd end up with stalled enemies in random places of the tileset often in closest where they spawn. If you've ever done a perma Invis run it's very common to see osprey sitting around as flying units they're one of the worse culprits to stalling. This leads to a decrease in kill rates as there's a minimum and maximum number of enemies on the map at a given time.

Having enemies displayed on the map seems to remind one or both scripts to act correctly and prevents the AI from stalling. I've only ever seen this behavior for Invisibility frames or if you try to camp in a weird spot. They've added a few script changes since PoE however. Enemies now group near Eximus units and will also run to the players location more often instead of being relocated so I'm not sure how accurate this assessment is right now since I hardly play Invis frames for Endurance runs.

Safe to say though that Enemy Radar / Enemy Sense is mostly preference outside that specific situation.

5 hours ago, kgabor said:

Nope, reactants.

As i noticed the corrupted spawns are especially scarce in solo interceptions  where you don't have enough time to kill while moving between points anyways unless you cc everything mostly because the majority of enemies don't spawn within affinity range.

Ooooook. If you say so. I play 99% solo and have never not found enough reactant. Not even close. I have never reached the end of *any* mission without having opened the relic. Usually its within the first few rooms.  I suppose if you go immediately racing ahead without killing anything you might get way ahead of the fissures and have problems, but that is a problem with what you are doing, not with the game. If that is the case, then the obvious thing would be to go back to the beginning and look for corrupted enemies, which hardly seems like a serious issue.

The only mission I have found that I have issues getting enough reactant is excavation. Even if I intentionally let the drill run dry the enemies stop spawning until I put another core in it.

8 minutes ago, ghoffman1928 said:

to the guy who soloed survival for 6 hours.  Maybe go take a walk outside and get some fresh air once in a while?

Also I would like to note that the 6 hour run is fourth place. The record is just over 10 hours.

В 28.02.2018 в 20:59, Marine027 сказал:

Nekros or Hydroid with Augment for extra life support drops. How you build them is your choice since it depends on your play style.

Not asking why you want such but elitism or so i assume, not like this game is kinda coop and enemy spanw increases on a team anyway if you want to hear it or not, team makes it easier not just due people helping but more enemys who drop more, end of story.

Yeah because not wanting to deal with "oh noes soz guys me has to go" after 20 minutes is so "elitist" as well as the ability to set your game on pause and answer the door or to take a sudden s***.

Not to mention that most of the times people do nothing but stretch the spawns as they have an itching need to frag and wander all around the map therefore making the spawn even worse. Camping somewhere with Nekros doens't feel like playing the game either it's just mindless farming.

The right answer is you need to kill fast OP. And by that I mean fast. And have the enemy radar indeed and a good room. But even then you can get unlucky, it happens.

vor 58 Minuten schrieb -Temp0-:

Yeah because not wanting to deal with "oh noes soz guys me has to go" after 20 minutes is so "elitist" as well as the ability to set your game on pause and answer the door or to take a sudden s***.

Not to mention that most of the times people do nothing but stretch the spawns as they have an itching need to frag and wander all around the map therefore making the spawn even worse. Camping somewhere with Nekros doens't feel like playing the game either it's just mindless farming.

The right answer is you need to kill fast OP. And by that I mean fast. And have the enemy radar indeed and a good room. But even then you can get unlucky, it happens.

That what are friends, clan or premade groups are for, just saying. Chat recrut channel exists for a reason you know.

Not taking those options yes, i see him as a elitist not wanting such help apperently even if the game gives you this options.

Look for friends, a clan or in the chat for help, if he not wants such, maybe this game is the wrong one for him, it is still mainly team and coop based and yes alot can be done solo but mostly to give people a rather good start and able to do such in peace, but 2 hours survial is defintly something you not just do solo out of boredom also.

Imagine a MMO Raid like WoW, it takes alot of time also, you simply plan such then better, simple as it is, not a fan of such but this is how it is, not tgot the time or people for such, accept it.

@Marine027 There's a reason why I prefer going solo. The internet connection rates in my country is pretty S#&$e and I can only afford 20mbps. Every time I go with my friends or in a pub I constantly get 300ping. Whenever I try to hose the entire squad gets 300 ping. There's also the risk of getting disconnected in the middle of the long run and losing all of the rewards. Playing solo allows me to enjoy the game without dealing with high ping plus it saves other players dealing with my connection if I host. 

And besides you're playing as a space ninja armed to the teeth with superior powers and firearms. Does it not feel badass when you take on countless waves of enemies by yourself? Imagine the Grineer commander screaming desperately as he sends his entire armada to destroy you and youre like Assassin-s-Creed-3-the-assassins-3236544

Plus you get to feel like the antagonist in that Jet Li movie "The One" 

jet-li-the-one-o.gif

@-Temp0- I have been killing enemies fast. Sometimes though they just stopped spawning. The entire minimap wont have a single enemy marked on it and I have to wait a couple of seconds or roam to find the nearest batch of enemies, by the time I found the next batch my life support would have drained significantly and there's no guarantee that the batch I found will drop life support.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb 8BitCardinal:

-snip-

Of course understandable, but on the other hand it would be like buying yourself a Multiplayer shooter knowing you have no internet aswell.

It gives the option to play solo yes, but you ask for something what is celarly made teambased, doing survivla alone for an hour or so should be enough in my eyes, wanting 2 hours or longer is not our problem if you seem, no offense, to stubborn for it.

It seems for me you try to proof something you can show of with, which i am simply nota fan of personal wise, can't handle how the game refuses to let you go over 2 hours, accept it, such elitism ruins the game for me simply and for others aswell, you can have your own challange of course but maybe not draw others in it then.

Imagine a new player starting and also has to solo, only ot be overrun in such missions suddnely because someone asked for more enemy spawns, of course a option would be simply nice, but such was requested over and over and got ignored still, so what makes you think they will change it now for you?

I simply say that the game is not jsut about you, yes we fell overpowered in the game and yes it makes us feel good also, but for how long, imaginea game where you can't die and have no goal to go for, how long will that be fun? On one side people ask for challange but then whine if something is not possible, to hard or unable to do without a team.

The game simply is still coop based, and solo is simply limited to what you can do alone at times without cheesing trough it with certain loadouts maybe.

People gived advice like i did with Nekros or Hydroid, what else you want then thou, if it not works it simply not works maybe, i couldn't care elss if soemone manages to survive 2 hours or 12 even, which someone actually once did, but what does it proof? Wohoo you apperently got several hours time to paly the game the day, good for you, others play a hour at msota day due work, school or real life overall.

This kind of limits exist simply so others not play ahead to much, which of course still happens but they keep it to a minimum, i not defend them on everythign they do, they sitll make dumb decisions but i can see why scaling in endless misison cna be that broken, they simply not want you to drag it out to long and even fi this enemy not spawning seems buggy for you, i see it simply that it sees only one player so it slows it heavily.

Not the best solution surely but as said, its simply to put limits to players, again, i not care how someone plays or how long, thats each ones privat case but, i simply state that certain things are not solo friendly, i mean raids are gonen ow but would you also want to do thme because you felt left out because of your connection? SOme also not be albe ot do them but enjoy things still.

I not see simply what you get out of surving 2 hours on your own also, no extra or special drops or rewards are guranteed.

For challange? Laughable since if you sitll kill fast or survive long oyu use tactics the meta uses i assume, so what challange are we speaking about?

Boost your ego? Which is what i assumem ost, feelign good about surving 2 hours, wow *slow claps*. It is so challangign killing the same enemys overand over just with higher armor, shields or hp. Very skillful.*sarcasm*

I recently started to paly Dark Souls 1 and as challanging it is it has unfair parts aswell but i also happy to finish the next boss. What i not like is seeing the same screens over and over to grind or walk to the boss, which is the cheap challange sicne oyu can't try over again, kinda like mastery rank here, only you can train it atleast optional.

But as said i not see why someone wants 2 hours survival solo, wihle oyu could also just repat it every 20 minutes wih the same result for drops or rewards.

And just for the "challange", no, i play along time, over 4-5 years by now, and i am a veteran kind of but i not complain about lack of endgame, i play it in between to relax simply, and peopel who ask for such changes or complain are elitists for me who in the end will ruin the game like other games already broken down due the community, we need both, long time players and new ones, both keep the game alive.

Цитата

I have been killing enemies fast. Sometimes though they just stopped spawning. The entire minimap wont have a single enemy marked on it and I have to wait a couple of seconds or roam to find the nearest batch of enemies, by the time I found the next batch my life support would have drained significantly and there's no guarantee that the batch I found will drop life support.

As people said - run enemy radar, try to refrain from using invisible frames and try not to get off the floor fo roo long (when you stand on something ai takes way longer to detect you and get to you same with invisibility). There's not much else you can do. I can recommend to check videos similar to these - 

Find a room that is connected with several others and either stay in it or roam nearby. From my personal experience the room you get matters the most. But still, it can have dead ends and despite enemeis spawning now from those points it still can screw you over.

As I already said, even with all of this you can get unlucky.

Цитата

But as said i not see why someone wants 2 hours survival solo, wihle oyu could also just repat it every 20 minutes

Because some like to play the game and feel like you're actually playing instead of participating in the activity similar to watching a paint dry. Which is what killing lv 20-50 enemies is. It only begin to get interesting and not as mind numbing at around lv about 80-100. You will not get it after 20 minutes of playing.

@-Temp0- Yeah I already watched those 2 videos and invested on enemy radar. It seems like its really based on rng that I couldnt reach past the 60 minute mark. My Chroma was able to do 1 hour on Sedna post nerfs. Frost reached 80 minutes but that was ODS where you can sit in one corner and spam meme strike. But my Ash really cant push past the 50 minute mark let alone reach 60 on Mot. Its really been bugging why I cant breach it when other people have obviously attained over 1 hour without having life support problems. Well maybe that's just me using Ash, maybe I should try doing it with a non stealth frames.