Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoCon 2018 Tickets (SOLD OUT)

[DE]Danielle

On 3/1/2018 at 8:35 AM, Ottofyre said:

This...

They priced their tickets too cheaply last year.. and they did the exact same thing this year. I'd have paid $2k just for a VIP ticket. It's like whoever sets the price for these things doesn't understand that you raise prices to help insure that the people who want them the most are the ones who end up with them.

I am absolutely livid that they sold out in about 0.5 seconds. It's a lot easier to swallow not being able to get something because you simply can't afford it than not being able to get something because some other people managed to make a connection 0.00000001 seconds before you did.

*throws stuff*

0.o you just happen to have 2k spare? I mean, same, but I wouldn't spend it on a single ticket... 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Loki1211 said:

actually, there was only one legendary ticket this year.

OH.. Well that guy is lucky. Although, still, they should have made 10. Maybe if they had the 10 people come in a few days earlier to do all the special stuff like NPC recording and the glyph... 

1 hour ago, Arniox said:

0.o you just happen to have 2k spare? I mean, same, but I wouldn't spend it on a single ticket... 

That's exactly the point I was making. Almost anyone would spend $250 for something "pretty cool" .. but the higher the price goes the more likely the people getting them are people who it really means a lot to. And no, I don't exactly have $2k just lying around but it would have been worth the sacrifices I'd have to make for it.

It's a pretty basic economic concept that when you have a limited supply of something you raise prices to try and get to the point where the number of people that feel it's worth it is roughly equal to the amount of the available supply. Because it doesn't feel as bad to not be able to afford something to begin with as it does to have your hand slapped away when you're trying to buy it.

4 hours ago, Ottofyre said:

That's exactly the point I was making. Almost anyone would spend $250 for something "pretty cool" .. but the higher the price goes the more likely the people getting them are people who it really means a lot to. And no, I don't exactly have $2k just lying around but it would have been worth the sacrifices I'd have to make for it.

It's a pretty basic economic concept that when you have a limited supply of something you raise prices to try and get to the point where the number of people that feel it's worth it is roughly equal to the amount of the available supply. Because it doesn't feel as bad to not be able to afford something to begin with as it does to have your hand slapped away when you're trying to buy it.

True. Ah well. There's always the next year and so on. If enough people complain though, maybe DE will add some more legendary tickets... I think there was only one.. 

On 3/2/2018 at 10:28 AM, (PS4)leonidasx666 said:

PLEASE PUT LAST YEAR'S SYNDANA IN TENNOCON BARO!

That way, people that could only buy this year's digital ticket can have the full set (armor+syndana).

[requesting on behalf of a friend ;) ]

TY

This 100%. There are players buying the pack likely only for the cosmetics, and if they find out its a set to something they may never get, they may never get the digital ticket.

they are making the same payment mistake that last year that is card only. someone wrote last year that it depends on the ticket hosting site and i understand that but if many people asked to change the payment methods then why the f.... did you choose the same site this year round when you know it is sh....t? i mean the only reason i did not get digital last year was no normal payment options. and this year too people ask for more options so please de listen ok?

Since every ticket tier this year is getting the Tennocon armour set, however in the previous years the Tennocon syandanas were only given to people in attendance...can the Tennocon syandanas be added to all ticket purchases?  Why provide only the armour to a set that a lot of players will not be able to complete?  Please consider adding the Tennocon syandanas, I myself can only buy the digital ticket but seeing as how it only includes the armour, that just deters me from making the purchase as it is not worth it solely for an incomplete cosmetic look.  I am positive that you would generate a lot more digital pack purchase sales.

• 3 months later...
50 minutes ago, DasHurz said:

Why would the digital ticket go out of sale before the convention even started 😕

Wasted opportunity to make more money and also a shame for people who are undecided until shortly before.

There was plenty of times it was advertised as limited. There is a logistical reason and it is the exclusive relay. Shame you missed out on the opportunity. Maybe next year then?

vor 9 Stunden schrieb BETAOPTICS:

There was plenty of times it was advertised as limited. There is a logistical reason and it is the exclusive relay. Shame you missed out on the opportunity. Maybe next year then?

Yeah, I guess.

If it's too much work to give people access during the event and there has to be a cutoff date I guess it can't be helped.

I didn't know until yesterday if I'd be able to play this weekend, so I held back on buying the ticket. What a shame, I would've liked to have that Baro access :(

Archived