Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo: plat or grind?

nerdygamer1401

Question

They have changed his quest quite a bit btw. I had no idea untill I decided to help a friend out (gave him 9 limbo proof fragments trough trade to save him the archwing mission) and the excavations now GUARANTEE a limbo part drop in the first excavator (or you have a cryotic target to hit I forgot, but it was 1 of the 2) unlike the RNG it used to be. so all you'll really need is 3x 12 hour breaks between part farms cuz the next mission doesn't unlock until you have built and claimed the part from the previous one. so yeah Have fun farming Limbo now it's super EZ

23 minutes ago, nerdygamer1401 said:

I am really wanting to get limbo, but I hear that his quest is super grindy, I have limited time on having because I have a busy life, should I buy him with plat? Or withstand the grind...

Only frames that are worth buying to save the grind would have to be Harrow and Nidus. Limbo isn't incredibly difficult to gain, takes a little bit but you won't fall asleep playing like, infested salvage.

I doze off every time around 6 rounds.

Grind for it.

It used to be hell to farm for him, however they've made him infinitely more easier to get.
The only requirement now is waiting 12 hours in-between each quest segment.
So technically, you would wait a total of 36 hours before you can afford to start the main blueprint.

Put simply, if you can afford 10-20 minutes for 3 days then you'll have yourself a Limbo when you come back.

10 minutes ago, Zhoyzu said:

neither, frame is only useful for cheesing kela de thaym as a sortie boss

I really don't wana start the YE old limbo war in the forums but this comment of yours is tilting me really hard.... and I'll leave it at that there is no point in explaining or arguing anything so  *breathes in* calm thoughts *breathes out* OK I'm good.

Edited by EDM774

The farm is half the fun most of the time, makes the reward more enjoyable. I have all of them now and the only frame I bought was Mesa, and only because of the cyber Monday sale and everyone saying it was a terrible grind. If I had it to do over, I’d grind Mesa too, as it couldn’t be bad compared to what I went through with Harrow and Nidus. Limbo isn’t a grind at all, the parts are guaranteed.

On 2/28/2018 at 8:41 PM, mfehr14 said:

Limbo's toxic for multiplayer though, he's only good single player

OMG yes, so annoying when he decides to void an enemy I was about to obliterate, Hands-down the worst frame in multiplayer because of that. Valkyr's is second because you can troll ripline and Hydroid because of his kiddy pool.

The community has mixed feelings on Limbo. Sure there are trolls who hate him and sure, there are people who like him.

With his rework , Limbo was made more team friendly. I was a limbo player for a long time tbh (even though I was cussed at alot in-game for playing him)

If you want to do his quest, it's fairly easy (minus the archwing part). In the end the choice is up to you; would you want to spend over 300 plat for the frame itself?, or would you want to grind and build him throughout his quest: The Limbo Theorem ?

I prefer the quest cause then I can save my plat, but that's just my opinion. 

Limbo's quest is pretty easy and you are guaranteed his part drop at 300 cryotic in the excavations.  The archwing parts to get the proof fragments can be difficult if you don't have decent AW gear, but the proofs drop easily in one round of interception.  If you solo interception, it's actually not too hard since enemy spawns are low and you can just run to cap points they aren't on.  It's fairly quick assuming you can kill without much trouble.  

If you have a buddy to play with, or a clan to help, you should be able to get through it really quickly.  The hardest part for me was waiting to build his part to get to the next one lol

I highly recommend farming Limbo as it encourages you to build up your archwing arsenal as well as increases your real life experience level. There are always people willing to help so you don't have to do it alone too!

If you do end up buying it, please do consider strengthening all aspects of your gameplay :)

P.S. If you ever see me in game I would be happy to play it with you

I made it a point to never buy any warframes with platinum. Its simply not worth it when you can put some time in to get it anyways. The quest also introduces you to some aspects that arent too bad and the excavs have guaranteed drops after about 5 excavs

I'd say, that its worth it, cause he is a good CC frame, good for defending objectives, reviving downed teammates. Also in the rift there is faster energy regen.

EDIT: he ain't actually that grindy 

Edited by Sfng

Farming Limbo is honestly nothing compared to farming Mesa or Equinox. Most players I've helped with Limbo got his parts within only a few excavators whereas Equinox they had to do 20+ times and Mesa is just a pain because of the invasions giving the nav segments.

On 3/13/2018 at 10:48 PM, Guardian1123 said:

Sure there are trolls who hate him and sure, there are people who like him.

K. Not biased at all. 

I tend to find it's the people who hate him because of the trolls who just stasis $%^& everything, always, all the time, for days.

On 2/28/2018 at 8:41 PM, mfehr14 said:

Limbo's toxic for multiplayer though, he's only good single player

No he's not.  Inconsiderate / ignorant players maybe.  

And to answer OP question - Limbo is an easy pimp to get.  There are SEVERAL frames in this game A LOT harder to get than Limbo.  PM in game and I'll give you a hand if you want!!  Just bring a mic and be cool.

Limbo: grind. 

I think "plat or grind" is a much more difficult question for the following frames: Nidus, Harrow, Ivara, Mesa, and Equinox. 

(Personally, I bought Harrow, Ivara, Mesa, and Equinox. Ground for Nidus; kinda wish I'd just bought him so I could avoid both the quest and the grind, but call it a lesson learned.)