The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polarization - my excalibur is now unranked

Tereman86

Question

Hi all,

I was on level max 30 whit my excalibur and then i polarized an empty slot (first on top - was empty - in upgrade section) then my excalibur is now unranked an i can't put more than one mod - now  i have only 0/4 capacity and before polarization i have 30/60 (because i used a orokin reactor to double up mods capacity) - now i'm like a new user..wtf :(

my moods are still there but now i can't use them...i must play again tu reach max level 30 or 60? and after that how i can double my mod? 

what happened?

thank you

10 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Tereman86 said:

Hi all,

I was on level max 30 whit my excalibur and then i polarized an empty slot (first on top - was empty - in upgrade section) then my excalibur is now unranked an i can't put more than one mod - now  i have only 0/4 capacity and before polarization i have 30/60 (because i used a orokin reactor to double up mods capacity) - now i'm like a new user..wtf :(   - You still are apparently c: 

my moods are still there but now i can't use them...i must play again tu reach max level 30 or 60? and after that how i can double my mod? 

what happened?

thank you

That's what forma does. Weapons/ Frames get reset to rank 0 every time you polarize a slot. iirc It does give you a warning.  To double your mod capacity, use an Orokin Reactor or Catalyst.

Problems sometimes solve themselves if you read things ingame. 

Also - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Forma
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Catalyst
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Reactor

Edited by RayxAyanami

Whenever you polarize a frame, weapon, or other item (like a sentinel), the rank on the item is reset to Rank 0. You will have to level the frame up again in order to take advantage of the polarization. 

Basically, polarization lets you cram more mod power into the same amount of space by halving the cost of a matching mod, but you have to pay for that advantage by re-leveling the frame. Also note that you will not gain Mastery rank for the re-leveling; you only get that the first time through. 

il y a 32 minutes, Tereman86 a dit :

ok - THANK YOU!

Also a small note, when you increase your mastery tank by mastering enough equipments to rank 30 you will see that your unranked equipment will pick up the leveling with energy already in with 1/1 relation to your mastery rank. 

And be careful, leveling the same weapon or frame won't earn you new mastery points, you have to rank new equipment for mastery points to be awarded.