Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Inaros Passive is kinda useless

---Swaggi---

For those who dont know his passive here a short explanation:

Instead of a Bleed-Out State, Inaros switch to a immobilized Sarcophagus when downed. While dying you are able revive yourself by aiming at  Enemies or Allies and stealing their HP. By doing this the revive bar is filling up. Once it's fullfilled we are back to life. We have to fill it up before our Bleed Out Timer expires (Default: 20 sec.).

And there is the Problem:

In order to revive yourself you have to steal 200% HP whether 2 Enemies, 2 Allies or 1 of each. Killing Allies for your revival is kinda morally reprehensible.

So we have actually 2 Problems:

First:

We deal only 75 Damage per sec which is quite nothing compared to the high HP having high lvl Enemies. And we need to drain 2 full HP bars of Enemies to activate the Passive.

An Example: If an Enemy has 1500 HP we need about 20 sec and here we are already dead with just a half filled revive bar. And we needed one more to  fullfill the bar.

(Second:)

It cant be intended to kill our teammates for activating the Passive c'mon xD

We are no cannibals even if we are a mystical egyptian being xD

My Suggestion for a solve:

To take more Profit of his Passive it should be only a certain amount of HP which is needed to be revived instead of a percentage of total HP.

With more Enemy HP we have to drain more HP in the same time which is impossible to manage. We have only 20 sec. Bleedout so 10 seconds for killing one Enemy, ridiculous imo.

If we have a limit of, lets say 1250 HP, we have to drain during his sarcophagus mode it's more practicable and also against higher Enemies viable.

What do you guys think about it?

Edited by -TSA-Swaggi

The only problem I can see is armor. If they don't give it finisher damage, then you will eventually be doing like 1 damage, which means it will take 1250 seconds to revive yourself. Not certain if it does finisher damage now, but that would be the only way to keep it viable into higher levels (not that it is viable now, just a thought). But this change would make it much better since when enemies have hundreds of thousands, if not millions of EHP, you stand no chance of the passive doing anything except wasting your time.

Edited by (XB1)ultimategamerjr

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

The only problem I can see is armor. If they don't give it finisher damage, then you will eventually be doing like 1 damage, which means it will take 1250 seconds to revive yourself. Not certain if it does finisher damage now, but that would be the only way to keep it viable into higher levels (not that it is viable now, just a thought). But this change would make it much better since when enemies have hundreds of thousands, if not millions of EHP, you stand no chance of the passive doing anything except wasting your time.

It's kinda finisher damage. You deal 75 Dmg per sec regrdless armor

I see his passive as more meant to make reviving yourself easier, but not necessarily done all by yourself. The damage on the beam is abysmal, only ever capable of killing low-mid level enemies. The real function of it is to pull in enemies and latch onto ones being attacked by your teammates/companion, since their deaths with your beam attached counts toward reviving Inaros.

As for why it drains hitpoints from teammates... I have no idea why they wanted to add this in to make reviving you more difficult (nearly dead allies will go down themselves). If I go down I'm taking you with me kind of deal there, lol.

Just now, -TSA-Swaggi said:

sounds weird but its actually working like that, Just crazy xD xD

I feel bad for doing it occasionally, but it's also why I use Lenz on Inaros :P

At the very least I think the beam should benefit from secondary mods. Inaros' is the only frame that can't use his normal secondary when incapacitated, and that 75 damage/sec isn't anywhere near OP.

or, ya know

make the dmg scale with melee mods? or make the drain required duration based? or reduce the ammount of dmg that needs down from 2 health bars to a reasonable flat value and make the dmg finisher dmg(wiki says it ignores armor but shields can reduce dmg done, idk)?

Edited by TKDancer

Provoked and Undying Will help I've been told, but yeah, this passive ability should scale somehow or it isn't worth a darn.

I'm not gonna die to begin with on low to mid tier content, so having it be useless in the one place where I'd actually need it is..well, flat out ridiculous.

- and no friendly fire! I always feel bad when I'm trying to aim at enemies and end up killing a teammate trying to revive me!

3 hours ago, (PS4)Carnatus said:

Provoked and Undying Will help I've been told, but yeah, this passive ability should scale somehow or it isn't worth a darn.

I'm not gonna die to begin with on low to mid tier content, so having it be useless in the one place where I'd actually need it is..well, flat out ridiculous.

- and no friendly fire! I always feel bad when I'm trying to aim at enemies and end up killing a teammate trying to revive me!

provoked gives a 110%(at max rank)

2.1x 75 is 157.5 which is still not a lot, and only serves to kill ur friends faster

1 hour ago, TKDancer said:

provoked gives a 110%(at max rank)

2.1x 75 is 157.5 which is still not a lot, and only serves to kill ur friends faster

Like I said, I agree.

It's a set of bandaid mods, two of them, both of which take up an additional two slots- leaving you only 4 slots to really customize with.
(because Vitality and Steel Fiber are non-negotiable)

This is why Nidus is still my #1, and Inaros is my #2.

Well, that and Inaros can be kinda boring to play as sometimes...

Just suck life from your Trinity, Oberon or Nidus if it is really that bad.

I'd rather use my secondary from bleed out than that beam thing though.

On 3/1/2018 at 10:59 AM, -TSA-Swaggi said:

For those who dont know his passive here a short explanation:

Instead of a Bleed-Out State, Inaros switch to a immobilized Sarcophagus when downed. While dying you are able revive yourself by aiming at  Enemies or Allies and stealing their HP. By doing this the revive bar is filling up. Once it's fullfilled we are back to life. We have to fill it up before our Bleed Out Timer expires (Default: 20 sec.).

And there is the Problem:

In order to revive yourself you have to steal 200% HP whether 2 Enemies, 2 Allies or 1 of each. Killing Allies for your revival is kinda morally reprehensible.

So we have actually 2 Problems:

First:

We deal only 75 Damage per sec which is quite nothing compared to the high HP having high lvl Enemies. And we need to drain 2 full HP bars of Enemies to activate the Passive.

An Example: If an Enemy has 1500 HP we need about 20 sec and here we are already dead with just a half filled revive bar. And we needed one more to  fullfill the bar.

(Second:)

It cant be intended to kill our teammates for activating the Passive c'mon xD

We are no cannibals even if we are a mystical egyptian being xD

My Suggestion for a solve:

To take more Profit of his Passive it should be only a certain amount of HP which is needed to be revived instead of a percentage of total HP.

With more Enemy HP we have to drain more HP in the same time which is impossible to manage. We have only 20 sec. Bleedout so 10 seconds for killing one Enemy, ridiculous imo.

If we have a limit of, lets say 1250 HP, we have to drain during his sarcophagus mode it's more practicable and also against higher Enemies viable.

What do you guys think about it?

He technically also has the passive of getting health back from Finishers. (Enemies can be finished prompted from Stealth or Blind/Rest/Sleep and still restore health.) Not limited to Dessication ability.

For Sarcophagus what is really needed is for this "Bleed Out" attack to scale off Secondary Mods since it is replacing Secondary shooting while downed.

For Solo play where a player might know they will be going down this would actually make a good case for using Provoked Mod. (Like back when Vaykor Marelok could reliably revive you.)

It's kind of useless because he's nearly immortal, and has both selfhealing and good cc. So maybe a completely different passive would be actually better, like a little scarab swarm around him stealing hp from his enemies and healing inaros at the same time. Maybe it can be tied to his ultimate, and at 100% you'd have 5 scarabs that would heal you 25hp/second and deal same finisher damage to enemies in a 6m radius around you. Also his another pretty useless ability Sandstorm could triple the amount of scarabs and their damage/healing, and make them attack enemies inside it.

It's a team-oriented passive. Teammates can just blow enemies around Inaros and get him back to life immedeatly.

Yes, it dosen't work well solo, but if Inaros was capable to self-revive on any level with his survivability...

1 hour ago, letir said:

It's a team-oriented passive. Teammates can just blow enemies around Inaros and get him back to life immedeatly.

Yes, it dosen't work well solo, but if Inaros was capable to self-revive on any level with his survivability...

the passive is called undying

and killing 2 people from ur team to selfishly revive urself isnt a team oriented thing, its the least team oriented thing i could possibly think of

Edited by TKDancer

Just now, TKDancer said:

the passive is called undying

and killing 2 people from ur team to selfishly revive urself isnt a team oriented thing

You don't have to. You gain a lot of revive meter if the enemies you are targeting die. So just aim at a group your team is murdering and you will pop back up in no time.

1 minute ago, Recel said:

You don't have to. You gain a lot of revive meter if the enemies you are targeting die. So just aim at a group your team is murdering and you will pop back up in no time.

that still relies on teammates killing them, making the passive mostly redundant as teammates killing enemies around ur fallen body would quickly revive u after doing so

and this doesnt solve the issue of it being useless solo

I would like to see it tweaked a bit to work better at higher levels.  I don't think that would hurt anything,  I mean its not like he goes down a whole lot anyway, but when he does, make his gimmick work.