Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.14.0

[DE]Megan

This is the worst patch I've seen in Warframe's history. There is absolutely no chance I will spend even a penny on any DE product until the raids are back in recognizable form. They were what I downloaded Warframe for in the first place, and now the game is just... an empty husk. Ugh.

23 minutes ago, GDSK-NXS said:

I was literally thinking of getting the Jordas trial done today. Damn. Guess I'll never get it huh? Gone without a warning. Thanks DE for making me feel even worse with every update.

not to be rude... but they announced a while ago that it would be removed from the game Feb 28, 2018. We even got an extra half a day. Honestly, what more would you have wanted for a warning?

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

*Please keep in mind that due to technical limitations and differences between firing/reloading animations on other Weapons, the Boltor Bravura Skin can only be equipped on the Boltor. While previous Skins have typically worked on multiple Weapons, we think it is better to optimize this Skin specifically for the Boltor.

As one pf the people who pushed for skins to be made universal: Fair enough.

(And since I'm on the topic: Thanks again for that.)

Arcane System Overhaul

Awesome.

Question: Since Raid Arcanes are now officially decoupled from cosmetics, any chance that the original Arcane Helmets will get this treatment as well?
Yes, I read the statement and saw the answer. But I'd love to use, e.g. my Palatine Rhino helmet over my Arcane Vanguard, or my Loki Prime over my Arcane Essence, but the bonuses are too good to pass up.

So, for both consistency and Fashionframe: Any chance that this will happen?

after moving off target there is a delay of 0.8 seconds before it starts to decay over 2 seconds.

Well, I still think that per-enemy rampup is nonsensical.

But this is better, certainly.

Weapon Range Mods (like Sinister Reach) no longer affect the distance of chains for chainable Beam weapons (like the Amprex). Main Beam distance is still affected by them.

RIP two of my oldtime favorites.

Yes, I saw the slight base increases.

Even though this adjustment is very slight and actually increased some changes of more rare Arcanes, we have included the values for you here for transparency:

Excellent.
Thanks, keep it up.

• Enemies on a Dropship that die due to the Dropship being blown up now count towards the "Kill X enemies that are on a Dropship" Riven challenge. Rough day for the Grineer!
  • Reduced the number of Kuva Codex scans required from 50 to 3.
  • Vacuum now sucks up Atlas’ Rubble!

Awesome all around.

14 minutes ago, Derethevil said:

Okay. Popquiz for you.
What bad did those Raids do now for everyone, as the Arcanes got their rework?

Forced teaming content in any game breeds toxic behavior. Hiding an entire reward system behind a "How many internet friends" test taints the rest of the game.

What bad would they have done with them, if they would have stayed in game as they were untill they were "fixing" them?

DE had to spend time trying to correct for systemic changes every time they altered the underlying systems (this is outside of the stuff they missed) leaving them "as-is" required work

What exactly was the mistake on them? I do not accept "Bugs" as an answer, since the general thing about them was fun. Just tedious if you repeated them too often.

They forced teaming for no reason and the "content" was little more that a test of how many people you could convince to stand on buttons. Scott himself admitted that the gameplay was bad.

I look forward to the assets being stripmined and returned to the game proper for everyone to enjoy without forced teaming and terrible mechanics.

Because unless you weren't paying attention DE never said that the Trial content would be returning as the same "raid-like" forced-teaming nonsense, only that the content would return.

il y a 9 minutes, mkoo33 a dit :

If we can't install arcanes on cosmetics/helms ..  but only to warframe, that sucks.

It was nice to equip the same cosmetic on different warframes. Now what i am supposed to to if i want arcane barrier on 3 warframes ? Install 10 arcanes on each warframe for a total of 30 ? That's total BS !

no, just install the arcane on each of them ._. There is no limit of how many time you can apply an arcane on a frame .-.

42 minutes ago, Legion216 said:

So Arcanes like Barrier/Energize have a 1 million trade tax regardless of whether it's a maxed one or an unranked one.  

Brilliant. No really, that's a great idea. Outstanding. 

Oh and no more farming credits in raids because THEY DON'T EXIST :D

....just unbelievable, dude. 

We're looking into the 1 million Trade Tax situation. 

1 minute ago, CaligulaYzark said:

no, just install the arcane on each of them ._. There is no limit of how many time you can apply an arcane on a frame .-.

The argument is that people will get annoyed with having to constantly remove and re-equip every time they switch a frame

28 minutes ago, Rhundis said:

Does this mean I need to farm X number of arcane graces now because I can only have it on one Warframe at a time? 

The reason I had arcane graces on my Syandana was so that whatever frame I changed to still got the benefit of the arcane without having to have 27+ maxed copies of said arcane.

They work similar to mods now

There are 2 arcane slots in the upgrade / mod page where you install the arcane you want, so you no longer need to use a set cosmetic to have the arcane effect

16 minutes ago, Derethevil said:

Okay. Popquiz for you.
What bad did those Raids do now for everyone, as the Arcanes got their rework?
What bad would they have done with them, if they would have stayed in game as they were untill they were "fixing" them?
What exactly was the mistake on them? I do not accept "Bugs" as an answer, since the general thing about them was fun. Just tedious if you repeated them too often.

There seems to be no real reason to delete them from the game. If even a small amount of people enjoyed them and the raids did not exactly break the whole game for others who did not play them.. there was zero reason to take them out.

ME! ME! Let me answer.

They were buggy piece of S#&$ they couldnt fix despite numerous attempts?

Nothing wrong, just bad, I have no idea why they kept that buggy piece of S#&$ in the game.

They were buggy? It'a 101% legitimate reason to remove them. Really nice testimony to the developers, a game part they cant fix. It's like buying broken electronics and telling everyone "it's ok, because it doesnt bother me" it's still a broken S#&$ that was broken.

Broken and bugged piuece of S#&$ is still broken and bugged piece of S#&$, why should anybody care about your reasons if you literally write that you don't care about others reasons?

il y a 1 minute, [DE]Megan a dit :

can we have any infos about the missing "distill thing" button for arcanes ? I would like to know if my virtuos strike is definetly dead and if i need to craft them again or not. :(   Having a lvl 3 and 2 arcane isnt really fun

15 minutes ago, Rekalty said:

Please read the part about how Sinister Reach now only works with the primary beam on Amprex and Atomos, then get back to me.

That's a specific nerf to two very powerful beam weapons, not to beam weapons in general. Also, the Amprex and Atomos still benefit from the addition of a cooldown to the per-target heatup. My Amprex is killing way faster than it was before that patch, comparable to the TTK when heatup was per-trigger. Then you take off Sinister Reach and get even more damage.

Sure, I'm not killing enemies I wasn't even aware of in other rooms through walls anymore, but I'm not really bothered. I'd rather have the chain distance we have now and the damage we have now than the per-target heatup with no cooldown period.

This thread shows just how full of themselves raid communities tend to be, be it in this game, or in any of the MMOs I've played.

You claim it's the only challenging content in the game, yet all you had to do was stand on buttons and spam Bastille.
You claim oh-so-many people are leaving the game now, yet the amount of players that engaged with raids was so low, there was no point in keeping them.
You complain about the trade tax for arcanes, yet primed mods have had the same trade tax for ages, leaving the impression that you've never paid Baro a visit.
You complain about a lack of "compensation" for something you voluntarily engaged with, for your own pleasure and entertainment, as if having fun entitled you to anything but said fun. You got tons of arcanes and credits on top of that, but for some reason that's just not enough. No, you have to get a freaking medal, preferably during a live stream, because your private little fun group is so important. Excuse my sarcasm, but this is just silly beyond all reason and I see no other way to properly convey this.

Beam weapons seem to have been fixed.
I can finally have fun with them without having to worry about dropping down to unmodded damage levels all the time.
Thank God you listened, because that was not fun, nor did it gel with the game's fast-paced nature.

Amprex seems buffed.
It lost a tiny amount of damage but received some extra range in return.
Sinister Reach was ridiculous anyway and did little against high-level enemies.
At least now we can mod for damage without feeling like we're missing out on something.

Not a fan of the Maestra Boltor skin, since I don't use Boltor.
A universal skin would have been much nicer, even without custom reloads, but that's just how I see it.
Can't wait to hear what kind of tunes people will create using the new mandachord sounds.

il y a 1 minute, shadow0727 a dit :

The argument is that people will get annoyed with having to constantly remove and re-equip every time they switch a frame

what ? no !

you have can them equiped on each frame at the same time oO.you dont have to switch them everytime !

Just now, [DE]Megan said:

Yeah, that's great and all, but don't you think the whole "accidentally fusing Arcanes together when you wanted to continue with the stack you started with and having no way to undo the mistake" should take more priority than a trade tax? One can seriously screw players over and force them to have to re-farm their Arcanes, the other is just a mild inconvenience for the time being.

Was expecting some quest, really eager for either, Khora, get Lotus back or the myth of Umbra. Not interested in Octavia's skin altho I'm normaly one of first persons to jump on something with sexy lines. I'm not trying to be biased, I really love some eye candy and allways look up to it (however I really despise cheesy gameplay and that's what I think of towards anything Octavia related)

Kudos on the Arcane changes. you guys might have just addressed two issues with a single answer:

* Arcanes tied to frames used to be a frustration to me as I felt forced upon either using or not using a certain syandane because Arcanes. Now the whole thing became a whole more practical.

* The other issue is that, the ease on equiped/unequiping Arcanes just like mods, opens a very interesting option for those unused Arcanes, like the status immunity ones. It's early to tell, but I can picture Arcanes like the Radiation resist one put to REAL good use.

"Old Legacy Arcane Helmets will keep their Arcane installed but you can not equip the Legacy Arcane Helmet on a Warframe with 2 Arcanes already installed."

Can we have those changed into arcanes ? So we can wear any helmet and equip it in the new arcane slot.

For example Frost Aurora arcane helmet will be transformed into Aurora Arcane : an arcane equipable only on Frost's loadout.

20 minutes ago, Rekalty said:

Please read the part about how Sinister Reach now only works with the primary beam on Amprex and Atomos, then get back to me.

they also increased the chain range for each of these weapons, and while it may not be to the same extent the mods provided, it just opened up a mod slot for more damage/utility with a slight decrease in chain length

Archived