Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.14.0

[DE]Megan

30 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

I agree. You raiders should have gotten something that is in-line with how special you all are and your expressed preference fits that to a tee.

Yes, because removing content people love is just... You expect something nice in return, not a freaking half-**sed emblem. 

A weapon taking a QoL hit to magazine size or reload speed will kill its usage far faster than a simple stat redistribution. Cycron went from being a candidate for worst weapon in the game to another nice addition to our pool of secondary choices. But now, its back to being an annoyance, as you have to wait for the stupid thing to recharge far more often, which was why no one used it in the first place.

Other than that...

OCTAVIA
0.o
:heart:.:heart:

1 minute ago, Mana_Caldaria said:

This thread shows just how full of themselves raid communities tend to be, be it in this game, or in any of the MMOs I've played.

You claim it's the only challenging content in the game, yet all you had to do was stand on buttons and spam Bastille.
You claim oh-so-many people are leaving the game now, yet the amount of players that engaged with raids was so low, there was no point in keeping them.
You complain about the trade tax for arcanes, yet primed mods have had the same trade tax for ages, leaving the impression that you've never paid Baro a visit.
You complain about a lack of "compensation" for something you voluntarily engaged with, for your own pleasure and entertainment, as if having fun entitled you to anything but said fun. You got tons of arcanes and credits on top of that, but for some reason that's just not enough. No, you have to get a freaking medal, preferably during a live stream, because your private little fun group is so important. Excuse my sarcasm, but this is just silly beyond all reason and I see no other way to properly convey this.

Not all of us feel this way. I've done 100+ raids, and I generally disagree with the decision to remove raids, but I'm willing to wait and see what DE has in mind for the future. I can move on, and I don't think any other in-game mode is like the Trials, but that's personal opinion. 

I think the trade tax is fair, given how accessible arcanes are now, but I can understand why it can be a cause of concern. 

I don't care for the new Sekhara, as I prefer the Aseron for my fashion purposes, but it would have been nice for everyone involved in raids, even those who only did it once to have something that reflected raids going away, not just something souped up of an older model.  

Cycron nerf. Why I am not surprised.

Nice censorship, DE. My comment in 'Where is Update 22.14.0?!' has been deleted. I see that defending your partners here is a bad thing.

EDIT: DE, your update broke Foundry.

6 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

"Old Legacy Arcane Helmets will keep their Arcane installed but you can not equip the Legacy Arcane Helmet on a Warframe with 2 Arcanes already installed."

Can we have those changed into arcanes ? So we can wear any helmet and equip it in the new arcane slot.

For example Frost Aurora arcane helmet will be transformed into Aurora Arcane : an arcane equipable only on Frost's loadout.

Agreed. If they're going to treat Arcane hats like arcanes, they need to go all the way so we can use cosmetic hats with them. Otherwise, go back to the old system of any later content totally ignoring their existence. The way it is now feels like we're getting screwed for having been here a while.

6 minutes ago, Stoner said:

Yes, because removing content people love is just... You expect something nice in return, not a freaking half-**sed emblem. 

I'm laughing so hard that I may risk rupturing something if I don't take the safety precaution of putting you on ignore.

So, y'know, safety first.

4 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

I'm laughing so hard that I may risk rupturing something if I don't take the safety precaution of putting you on ignore.

So, y'know, safety first.

Well, if you can't stand what I'm saying....

giphy.gif

go ahead

Ok, so i had a look at the new arcane system. Seems like they copy the void relic refinement mechanics.
Little bit confusing. When you have 10 arcanes and upgrading ... it will create a new upgraded arcane (just like the void relics) so make sure you don't create 2 half maxed arcane out of  10 :)

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Weapon Range Mods (like Sinister Reach) no longer affect the distance of chains for chainable Beam weapons (like the Amprex). Main Beam distance is still affected by them.

WHAT IS LITERALLY THE POINT OF THAT!

It's inconsistent to do that, why would beam chains be shorter if you're using up a mod slot for range in the first place?!

il y a 4 minutes, RAZORLIGHT a dit :

Please, change the day/night cycle in the plains

more like 90min day and 60min night or something, 100/50 is not so great

AND add a optional ingame clock for the day and night cycle.

ps. those Amprex + Atomos range nerfs *sigh*

Huh? This was here before and no reaction from DE. I guess they want to keep it as it is.

Those Amprex and Atomos nefts aren't that bad, their chain range got buffed which is nice. Still, that range mod neft is too hard, 50% effectiveness would do more balancing.

Il y a 2 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

Cycron

• Range increased from 20m to 24m.
  • Mag size decreased from 60 to 40.

but why ?

Mag size decreased from 60 to 40.

after fireing durring 3 sec then reload durring 5 you fire for 2 sec with the same reload waiting time for 4 more metters ?

better have a beam of 2 metter then

Perhaps the true legacy of this update will be the amount of enmity it provoked between raiders and the rest of the player base.

Not really buying the explanation for Bravura being Boltor-only. I get that it might have been a problem for "special" weapons like Miter or Paracyst. But for plain old rifles like Braton or Soma, would it have been that hard, programatically, to just override the animations with those of the skin?

Since we're at it, while the Ignis Wraith feels a bit more like its first iteration post-rework, I still think target ramp-up doesn't suit that kind of weapon; it still feels staying on a single target is the most effective way to use it. In my head, flamethrowers should be for sweeping across crowds of enemies for possibly lesser but consistent damage. I think "beam weapons" right now are too broad a category to apply indiscriminate changes like that.

Also, Octavia's Mallet/Resonator combo still occasionally stops dealing damage to enemies.

zysON.jpg

17 minutes ago, Xgomme said:

"Old Legacy Arcane Helmets will keep their Arcane installed but you can not equip the Legacy Arcane Helmet on a Warframe with 2 Arcanes already installed."

Can we have those changed into arcanes ? So we can wear any helmet and equip it in the new arcane slot.

For example Frost Aurora arcane helmet will be transformed into Aurora Arcane : an arcane equipable only on Frost's loadout.

i would like to see this as well cause i like the whole rhino palatine skin but the look kind of goes away when i have the arcane vanguard helmet on, still looks good but not as good as the whole palatine set look, would be nice to have it be an arcane that was frame specific just like the augments for the abilities.

14 minutes ago, Mana_Caldaria said:

This thread shows just how full of themselves raid communities tend to be, be it in this game, or in any of the MMOs I've played.

You claim it's the only challenging content in the game, yet all you had to do was stand on buttons and spam Bastille.
You claim oh-so-many people are leaving the game now, yet the amount of players that engaged with raids was so low, there was no point in keeping them.
You complain about the trade tax for arcanes, yet primed mods have had the same trade tax for ages, leaving the impression that you've never paid Baro a visit.
You complain about a lack of "compensation" for something you voluntarily engaged with, for your own pleasure and entertainment, as if having fun entitled you to anything but said fun. You got tons of arcanes and credits on top of that, but for some reason that's just not enough. No, you have to get a freaking medal, preferably during a live stream, because your private little fun group is so important. Excuse my sarcasm, but this is just silly beyond all reason and I see no other way to properly convey this.

Beam weapons seem to have been fixed.
I can finally have fun with them without having to worry about dropping down to unmodded damage levels all the time.
Thank God you listened, because that was not fun, nor did it gel with the game's fast-paced nature.

Amprex seems buffed.
It lost a tiny amount of damage but received some extra range in return.
Sinister Reach was ridiculous anyway and did little against high-level enemies.
At least now we can mod for damage without feeling like we're missing out on something.

Not a fan of the Maestra Boltor skin, since I don't use Boltor.
A universal skin would have been much nicer, even without custom reloads, but that's just how I see it.
Can't wait to hear what kind of tunes people will create using the new mandachord sounds.

+1... Glad I'm not the only one kind of rolling my eyes at the raid community crying about only getting a special cosmetic for choosing to play unpopular, yet publicly available content. The real reward was choosing to do buggy/difficult content to obtain Arcanes/etc. much sooner than the rest of the community who have to get those same arcanes via Eidolon fights released MUCH later than those who did the raids.

The beam range "nerf" via Sinister Reach makes sense. Theoretically - the mod to the gun increases the range of the main stream, and resulting enemies you hit should act like "resistors" decreasing the overall energy of the beam the further out it travels... It's electric, boogie woogie ya know?

• Old Legacy Arcane Helmets will keep their Arcane installed but you can not equip the Legacy Arcane Helmet on a Warframe with 2 Arcanes already installed.

Why though? Why did you have to nerf arcanes in the process?

Archived