Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.14.0

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, Feltal said:

What?

There were people threatening to leave the game due to the removal of raids, a single element of a massive game like warframe. Their behaviour shows that they really do not care about the rest of the game as they have nothing else to fall back on with their removal.

Every time I see and update I always have the unfortunate hope of getting more news about Umbra. I think that we, as players, have pretty much given up trying to request this. DE has been working hard and has come up with some major fixes so that we can receive the best experience while playing, but we have also been waiting for years for Umbra to arrive. The last thing that people should do is pressure DE into rushing Umbra, because that could cause the Umbra reveal to be less impressive than what we wanted the intended result to be. Regardless, I do feel that we should at least be given some news about "The Sacrifice's" progress. I do hope we'll get his update before Tennocon, but anything's possible. Great update nevertheless, I don't have any bugs in the plains now.

50 minutes ago, terribleperson said:

If you spent enough to be salty (though several thousand kuva is nothing) give it a try before giving it up.

they're near worthless and should never be used anymore. we used them to clear crowds and they lost that function along with all beams now having worse ammo economy. 

Just now, Fast_Pickle said:

they're near worthless and should never be used anymore. we used them to clear crowds and they lost that function along with all beams now having worse ammo economy. 

See, my experiences since the hotfix disagree. The amprex still does crowd clearing fine, it just can't clear multiple rooms at once or the entirety of huge open rooms. It also kills way faster than it did before this hotfix. Finally... what do you mean 'all beams now having worse ammo economy'? The beam rebalance gave the amprex far, far better ammo economy than it ever had, and I don't see anything since then that's changed that.

9 minutes ago, terribleperson said:

See, my experiences since the hotfix disagree. The amprex still does crowd clearing fine, it just can't clear multiple rooms at once or the entirety of huge open rooms. It also kills way faster than it did before this hotfix. Finally... what do you mean 'all beams now having worse ammo economy'? The beam rebalance gave the amprex far, far better ammo economy than it ever had, and I don't see anything since then that's changed that.

look again, they sped up ammo consumption for all beams this patch. good luck using the atomos at all without seeker.

45 minutes ago, ToothBurglar said:

PLEASE PLEASE add a way to unstack the new arcanes! I accidently merged 2 lower tier arcane graces and now i cant stack them into eachother or unstack them....This is a HUGE issue... PLEASE ADD ARCANE STACK MANAGEMENT! 

Yep somehow managed to do this myself. Been trying to undo it but there's no option atm

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Weapon Range Mods (like Sinister Reach) no longer affect the distance of chains for chainable Beam weapons (like the Amprex). Main Beam distance is still affected by them.

Aaaaaaannnd DEAD.

Sinister Reach is now useless.  Ditching this worthless mod for anything with damage.

Sounds harsh, but the chaining was the main purpose to that mod seeing play.  Without the double-dipping, it's not worth a slot when there are these damage mods that are simply better categorically.

4 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

P.S. Why in God's name would you nerf Cycron...

^^^THIS!!!^^^   Also...

Flux Rifle

• Tweaked Flux Rifle controller rumble on recharge.

Not what we were asking for on the Flux.  While rumble packs can cause hand numbing after a while, this is NOT the sort of damage we were worried about the Flux doing or not doing...  THE DPS ON FLUX IS VERY LOW, THE AMMO POOL IS TOO, AND THE WEAPON IS RATHER UNREWARDING TO USE.

18 minutes ago, Fast_Pickle said:

look again, they sped up ammo consumption for all beams this patch. good luck using the atomos at all without seeker.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.14.0

General Beam Weapon Changes and Fixes:

• Fixed Beam weapons not being able to damage enemies (alive but in a ragdolled state) when being affected by certain ‘crowd control’ Abilities.
  • Damage now ramps up over 0.6 seconds and after moving off target there is a delay of 0.8 seconds before it starts to decay over 2 seconds.
  • All Beam weapons now start their Damage ramp up at 20% (instead of 10%) with the following exceptions:
    • Convectrix
      • Primary fire starts at 60%.
      • Alt fire starts at 80%.
    • Phage
      • Starts at 70%.
    • Embolist
      • Starts at 30%.
  • The Multishot chance should now apply more consistently with Beam weapons.
  • Weapon Range Mods (like Sinister Reach) no longer affect the distance of chains for chainable Beam weapons (like the Amprex). Main Beam distance is still affected by them.
  • Fixed Beam weapons continuously firing when quick Meleeing.

Specific Beam Weapon Changes:

Amprex

• Chain Range increased from 7.5m to 10m.
  • Damage reduced from 24 to 22.

Where are you seeing that?

3 minutes ago, terribleperson said:

It was actually said that it's nearly done but they have a conflict of opinions regarding something about the implementation.

delayed because of the reason "but X players wont get their X weapon soon". but by that logic that would mean they gave up ever adding it

Yikes. The changes to beam weapon chains is a huge nerf to using them  as dedicated crowd control if you look at the numbers. Both the Atomos and the Amprex had their chain ranges nearly halved, assuming you had the range mod in before.

One of my favorite guns getting "reworked" aside, The Atomos/Amprex changes have me worried over the design goals of the game.

Was this a reaction to balance the two chaining beam weapons after the beam weapon rework allowed them to spread large numbers of status procs? 

Or, was it planned, and the chaining weapons were meant to be "brought in line" by making them deal more damage to small groups rather than moderate damage to large groups. 

This specific change worries me because I start to think "bringing weapons in line" will in some ways mean making weapons all practically the same. 

Just now, Chainfox said:

Yikes. The changes to beam weapon chains is a huge nerf to using them  as dedicated crowd control if you look at the numbers. Both the Atomos and the Amprex had their chain ranges nearly halved, assuming you had the range mod in before.

One of my favorite guns getting "reworked" aside, The Atomos/Amprex changes have me worried over the design goals of the game.

Was this a reaction to balance the two chaining beam weapons after the beam weapon rework allowed them to spread large numbers of status procs? 

Or, was it planned, and the chaining weapons were meant to be "brought in line" by making them deal more damage to small groups rather than moderate damage to large groups. 

This specific change worries me because I start to think "bringing weapons in line" will in some ways mean making weapons all practically the same. 

not halved. taken out all together. yes tested. yes they are pretty bad in crowds. no sinister and ruinous extension doesn't punch through. no just shred is no enough, you need 3 PT to get your old weapons back and thats not including the Cycron

Archived